Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My car battery died, due to a fucked up headlight switch.

Rave: Called my boss and said I wouldn't be in. I just couldn't do it.

Then I applied for an online Creative Writing class, I need the outlet. Hopefully it all works out.

2. Winterbike

Winterbike
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: I want to fight dammit! I've been off BJJ for a week because I've got a gay-ass injury (sprained intercostal muscle) and I'm getting restless.

Mini-rave: Just found out Tucker Max is paleo and made a presentation at the Ancestral Health Symposium about MMA. It seems like all my different interests are starting to melt together.

Rave: Made myself a set of parallettes. I give myself 5 years to make a progression from L-Sit to Handstand.

3. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Rant: Decided to test the recently sprained ankle in a soccer league. Probably not the best idea.
    Rave: My little brother actually went to the gym with me this morning. He's starting to get a pot belly, and he's had epilepsy problems, so exercise can only help. Of course, my ankle wasn't happy about that either. But if you're not going to deadlift and clean, why go to the gym?
    Nerdy Rant (Spoilered because I should at least try to hide how big of a nerd I am):
    FUCK YOU FFIV THE AFTER YEARS. Ok, yes, this may be my fault since I'm the asshole that has to have 100% completion, but after taking all this time to find all the tails, apparently there's super rare drops in the very last levels of the final dungeon (the depths) that make Calca and Brina have stats similar to a high level Ceodore with full Adamant equipment. So of course now I'm compelled to get it. Fuck.

4. ex Animo

ex Animo
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Update:

My father passed away a few hours ago. A fighter until the end. I started a thread, but it doesn't seem to have gotten approved for posting yet, but I want to express my undying gratitude for the kind words. I didn't expect such kindness from strangers, so from deep within my heart - Thank you. Really.

5. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

A Rave that I feel weird calling a rave: Pretty glad I turned down a job in Israel right now.

6. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Last night of house sitting in hills have eyes country!!!

7. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Another 17 hour day. Whoopee.

Rant: Less than 8 hours turnaround until tomorrow. Hardly enough time to even sleep. And we're here for 2 1/2 more weeks, apparently we need 20 more hours of the same thing we already have 50 of, shot over and over again with little to no difference.

Rant: Idiot producer left timecode slate on the lawn of the house we were shooting at. Lawn has sprinklers. There goes $1300 that I now have to deal with the production company about.

8. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: We've been together for over five years, we don't have an anniversary coming up or anything, but I just feel so lucky to be with someone I'm deeply in love with, it's a great feeling to just exist outside yourself for a moment and evaluate where you are and be really happy about who you are and who you're with.

Rant: Out of vodka.

9. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Rant:
    There's this attention whore pregnant dumbass I know who thinks she's the first woman in human history to experience pregnancy. I don't have her on facebook, but a few female friends of mine do. From what I've heard she's pretty annoying on there and every one of her posts has something to do with her fetus, whom she refers to as *"Bebe [Last Name]". Before she got knocked up, every post was about her stupid fucking wedding, even 6 months after the ceremony took place.
    Well, the other day she felt it necessary to send all of her friends a text to inform them that her mucus plug popped out. I heard about this lovely news from one of her pandering friends who constantly encourages her attention whoring.

Jesus Christ on a fucking stick. A mucus plug? I didn't even know there was such a thing, and I sure as fuck didn't need to. My girlfriend, who is a mother of two, informed me that she has twice experienced a large ball of snot evacuating her vagina, which is a normal part of childbirth. Aannnd I'll never look at her pussy the same way ever again. Thanks honey.

For fucks sake, why would you want to share that with everyone? Yeah, it's a normal part of childbirth and it's natural and whatever, but it's also FUCKING GROSS! No one wants to hear about your disgusting bodily functions! It's one thing if you tell your spouse about it, but sending a text to all of your friends? Fuck!

I hope her baby has down syndrome.

*Ugh. fucking kill me with a hammer.

10. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I'm not sure how I am going to take living with my dad for 9 more months. It's a challenge. It will destroy my mental health if I am not extremely careful.

I hate not being able to be on my own schedule.

11. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: MTV is currently airing "True Life: I'm a Sugar Baby" which is about people looking for sugar daddies/mommas. I'm just angry at everyone here. These women are just awful and perpetuate every misogynistic stereotype. I also hate the men for supporting this behavior and making the opportunity available.

Rave: The one guy on the show who is looking for a sugar momma is hilariously pathetic.

Edit Rant: Girl is upset b/c her gross old dude wants to have sex, but she doesn't want to. "I still want to see him because I want to get as much cash out of him as I can."

12. Pink Candy

Pink Candy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: New project - try and make all the recipes (within reason) in The French Laundry cookbook with the boy.

RAVE: The cookbook arrived today. It's utterly retarded how excited I am to have this book and read through it.

RANT: I am not rich and do not have access to a lot of ingredients Thomas Keller uses. I knew this was coming but DAMN IT, why can't I be rich??

YUMMY RAVE: I think the first meal will be sweet potato agnolotti with sage cream, brown butter and proscuitto. Cannot wait!!!

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Hot Asians in thongs.

14. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: HP Touchpad for $100? Happy birthday Mom!

15. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Hilariously chaotic weekend. Work drinks started at 12 and became a massive clusterfuck, and my years of drunkenness finally paid off. While all the VIPs got themselves totally hammered and did things they will regret, I managed to hold it together and keep my typically large mouth shut, even in the face of 16 hours of straight spirits.

Totally Emo Rave which you shouldn't bother to read:
    through a variety of random circumstances, most of the really close female friends that I trusted implicitly have moved out of my orbit in the last 6 months or so. One went off the bipolar deep end and wouldn't stop abusing the others, so we no longer talk. One I was sleeping with but she developed feelings, so I cut things off in the hope that she will find someone who will have a legit relationship with her. The absolute closest of them all moved across the country for a couple of years for work. Consequently, I have almost 0 emotional investment in anyone right now, which is good for my stress levels but bad for feeling anything like a sense of connection. A relatively new friend came out with us again on Fri night, and ended up coming back to mine (after one of our mutual friends got kicked out of 2 bars and I hustled him into a taxi before the bouncers could carry out their threats to 'stomp him into the floor'.). We ate some mushrooms and talked music for a few hours, and spent the last hour or so on the couch with the nang cannister with her leaning against me. Jesus Christ. I'd forgotten how much I missed just the simple human contact of someone who trusts you casually touching you. I could just about feel my faith in the world restoring, piece by piece.

Rant: above girl's best friend was fucking an acquaintance of mine with herpes (herpes he received from the stripper I was talking about in the A Happy Ass is A Relaxed Ass thread, oddly enough). We all knew, including the best friend, but apparently she didn't tell above girl because she already didn't approve of the relationship. I didn't realize this, and mentioned it in passing. Now they will be having an incredibly awkward conversation. Ooops.

16. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Rant: No longer a 20 something
    Rave: Birthday was fucking awesome. The pet made an epic effort to go through my very extended friends list and organized an awesome surprise group present, had a ton of good friends come around for a party, and had an awesome time and some awesome scenes at the party.

17. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Hipsters. If you've ever been to a 3D movie, you can picture those cheap little 3D glasses they give you before the movie - today, I saw some twit that had knocked the lenses out and was wearing the frames as a fashion statement. No, they weren't real glasses - they still said "3DFX" or whatever the fuck it is they say on the side. Seriously, people do shit like this?

Rave: Other than that, life is good. I'm moving on from the ex-girlfriend even though she's trying to worm her way back into my life and I've been hanging out and hooking up with a mixture of girls from the past and ones I've been meeting lately.Hindsight is 20/20, and she is so subtly manipulative and whiny it's unbelievable. Just having that influence out of my life has made me so much more happy in general.

Rave: I've discovered the joys of gambling on MMA bouts online and have been making a killing.

?: These TiB meetups look like they might actually happen. Holy sweet fuck.

18. InspektorGadget

InspektorGadget
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: Moving out of my mothers house to live with my two best friends within the next few days.

Rant: Don't know if it was the greatest idea.

Upsides:
    I don't have to commute to school anymore (Twenty minutes, (not terrible I know)). But when you have to go home for random things/for lunch or starve when you forget to grab money, the gas starts to add up pretty high
    I get to live with my two best friends.
    I can have a place to crash when I drink...(I had a tendency to drive home buzzed sometimes *im illegal still (20)* A.k.a nothing but trouble), don't have to sleep on couches, have my toothbrush/clean to wear etc etc...
    The place is right around the block from school.
    I can bring women home. (fail trying)

Downsides:
    I don't have money for books at the moment because I have to pay the rent.
    My mom considers me as a individual now cause I moved out. (gotta start chipping in on car insurance, phone bill and all that good shit) *im a student,its hard bitches*
    I thought about it and that money could have went to an awesome trip to europe/new guitar/ p0rn etc etc.... Fuck.
    I'm going to be on quite the budget for this fall semester, but then things get wayy opened up for spring

I'm twenty and i'll probably end up moving back after this year anyways. I think one year of freedom will be nice? no? maybe?
    Gotta learn to support myself eventually. I figure it this way. At least i'll learn some serious money management skills.

Time to drink.

19. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Keeping politics out of this as much as possible, I'd met Jack Layton more than once, and while he was never 'off' his political game, he was always a respectful, down to earth, polite guy, who really believed in what he was talking about. He's one of the two politicians I've spoken to who I really, truly gained a great appreciation of after talking to (the other, actually, was Joe Clark). Rest in Peace Jack.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: This:

If you see nothing wrong with what happens in this video, go ahead and drink a gallon of bleach.

#11220 Juice, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015