Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: The girl who did my hair last night got dye all over my forehead and neck. I look like top notch white trash this morning.

Rave: The cut and dye actually look really good.

2. Muley05

Muley05
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE Went to my first ever pro outdoor soccer game last night, Sporting KC vs Portland Timbers. It was an absolute blast. All the chanting, singing, etc. And Sporting won 3-1, with two of their three goals scored right in front of us.

3. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Got adjusted yesterday. My DO remarked that my shoulders and jaw were like "steel." After she worked on them I was drooling. Seriously, this woman's hands are magic.

Rave: Things are going well at home. We are going to a psychologist today. It isn't the most exciting task, as I already see one for my issues, but I am happy Mr. P is doing this. He hasn't really learned how to deal with being disabled now, I imagine being assaulted with a bat and being unable to function the same would be a mindfuck.

And another big THANK YOU to TIB, the overwhelming ammount of support, encouragement and genuine concern has made me tear up alot over the last few days. Thank you for sharing your experiences with addiction and fear for someone you love, I have gotten some great counsel.

4. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: wife is in surgery.
    Rant: wife found out Tues she's being laid off.
    Rave: her layoff doesn't take effect until January so that she'll meet her magic number of age + years of service to be fully vested in her pension and benefits.
    Rant: I still want to bitch-slap a few people at her company.

5. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Restaurant Week 2011 is back in DC! Just finished my bi-annual lunch at Charlie palmer Steakhouse. Braised smoked chicken raviolo with crispy spinach and sweet peas, grilled hangar streak with red wine braised mushrooms over crushed yukon potatoes, a dark chocolate mousse with milk chocolate ice cream, and a lovely glass of Newman Claret merlot/cabernet blend.

Rant: And after that, I am back in the office.

6. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Best friend's girlfriend is trying to set me up with a lovely lady sporting glorious DD titties. We are drinking tonight. I want them in my mouth so badly. Pray for me, tib.

7. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I'm onsite at a customer's office taking a dump when their auto light turner offer kicked in and left me blind. You think you know terror until the lights go out while you're wiping your butt. I had to open the stall door and wave my arm around until the lights came back on.

8. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT/RAVE: I've been diagnosed with depression. It'll take a few weeks to get in to see a doctor, but I should be on meds by the end of September. Finally I can make some headway on this.

9. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Rave: I just saw two guys in wheelchairs get into a full-fledged brawl on the beach. There are no words.

10. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Three weeks after my Grandmother passed, so did my Grandfather. I've never heard my Dad cry until today on the phone on the way to work. That was a great start to the day.

Rave: My Grandfather was a man. Plain and simple. He struggled with his health for the last year, barely being able to speak towards the end. He sacked up, dealt with it, and stayed alive long enough to see my Grandmother pass because he was afraid for her without him around. Once she passed, he finally was at peace and allowed himself to go as well. He was a war vet from a poor farm family who created a seven figure net worth with hard work and intelligence. They don't make people like they used to.

Rant: I'm scared for my Dad dealing with the estate. There is a sense of entitlement on that side of the family and I'm scared he won't stand up for himself enough.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: Just got a message from my future mother in law...el fiance's gpa on his dad's side, the one who lives within driving distance of me, had a brain scan and they found a large-ish tumor there. They are performing surgery in the morning. This past year has been so bad for him. He was super sick about 8 months ago and I thought he wouldn't make it, but he recovered better than ever. Now this...I am very worried.

12. sharald27

sharald27
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: Moving into my apartment down at school tomorrow

Rant: Packing blows. I'm a girl and have way too much stuff. And school starts Monday.

Rave: On the plane ride back from Italy, met this guy and sat next to him and figured out he's exactly like me. To a t. We bonded over horrible parenting styles and the mass amounts of food we love/wish they served on planes. Lives about 3 hours away from me but made the trip up to meet my family at our party. They loved him. I went back with him to meet his parents. Great 3 days.

Rant: We both are in school. The drive is 7 hours. Fuckk.

Rave: I'm young, what do I have to lose, and he's essentially a perfect fit. What the hell.

13. thabucmaster

thabucmaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Talked to my cousin last night. I told her about my experiences, and she seemed very receptive to knowing that you can kick it. She's back home, and is going into rehab next week. I'm very thankful for that, and told her that if she ever needed to talk to someone about it, to let me know and I'll be available at the drop of a hat. I'm also proud of her for recognizing that it was getting out of control and asking for help, and let her know that.

14. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: For my graduation, my dad "gave" me my own car, which I already held the title to. About two weeks ago, the pile of shit wouldn't pass DEQ and it was going to be $2k in repairs. Fuck that.

Rave: Just sold it for more money than it's worth. I love the Persian community, you can get rid of anything in record time.

15. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: The ladyfriend is very, very upset

I was supposed to go down and see her this weekend, but my parents had some issues with their car so I offered to loan them mine, they offered to pay me. I told my girlfriend which turned it into a "so how much was a weekend with your girlfriend worth" argument I just didnt bother getting into and am going to just go down and see her. Shes stonewalling me any time i try to talk via phone/bbm/whatever though. All I got was "we'll talk tomorrow"

16. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Rant: You know that guy playing pickup ball with the braces all over? I'm that guy now. Both ankles and a knee brace.

Rant: Still twisted my ankle. Wonderful.

Rave: My father has a convention to go to and my mom is going with, so my brother is staying with me Friday night. It's always fun to hang out with the little guy.

17. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I came down to Kelowna for my last show of the summer, and it turns out it's actually tomorrow. I've already made travel plans I can't change, so I'm fucking going to miss it! Good news is, it's super informal and I'm not fucking anyone over by missing it. Plus, there were some communication problems and so the screw up is only like 60% my fault. I won't be getting paid though...

RAVE: After touring around for the last couple months, I can't wait to finally get home tomorrow. I'm starting music school on Monday, and I'm ready to work my ass off and improve as much as I can in the next 8 months.

RANT: Touring and staying in shape at the same time is a skill I have not even begun to grasp. Something tells me that getting back in the pool in a few days is going to be painful and sad.

18. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rant:
    [​IMG]
    +
    [​IMG]
    +
    [​IMG]

Devil's Advocate, bring your gun, pretend I'm a snake. Fuuuuuck.

19. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Kingdom Rush from Armor Games you silly little goose you. You know I wasn't using that free time anyway.

20. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:
    Solid classes so far today.

Rant:
    I miss my boyfriend.