Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Dude

Dude
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave Bought my first real suit today. Do I want a vest? FUCK YES I WANT A VEST.

Rant How much suits cost. Damn.

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I am out of it.

I went to a store to buy some shoes that looked a bit more European. I found a pair I liked, asked for them in a size 13, and then the guy went, got them, I went to try them on, pulled off my left shoe, laced up the new left shoe, put it on and realized I was trying on the exact same pair I was already wearing.

3. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: I realized my weight had been creeping up so I jumped on the diet train. 20 lbs. down bitches! There are a sweet-ass pair of old jeans that I'm close to climbing into - can't wait!

RANT: Although I am an experienced drunk, I overshot the limit last night and needed to hold on to my buddy to gracefully leave the bar. I prefer to keep the obvious-drunk behaviour until I reach the privacy of my home. Bad Queen-Bee.

RAVE: I found a text on my phone today from a chick named Sara. Apparently we're going to hang out. I couldn't pick her out of a lineup. I don't know it it's a date or a new friend! Ooops. I hope she's at least hot.

4. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Thank god for Showtime. They're doing some kind of suicidegirls thing and there was a group of 6 hot tatted women doing nude yoga.

Edit: Now it's nude pillow fighting. I wish I had a box of Kleenex handy.

5. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I don't have Showtime.

Rantish Rave: The ex is supposed to have the kids this week, their first week of school. He got busted driving with a suspended license and is now afraid to drive (supposedly). So Mr. P picked up his slack and is taking care of all the driving midgets around and caring for them while I am at work. I appreciate his dedication and sacrifice, it's not easy taking on two little boys who are confused about what the fuck is up with their dad.

Fucking loser. I don't know how I got such cool little guys out of his sperm donation.

6. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:
    Have you ever said or thought something to yourself, not even out loud, and gotten the sense that somehow, someone else knew what you were thinking?

Today on the train platform I was waiting for my transfer and this woman walked by. She was pretty frumpy and misshapen, just oddly proportioned. For whatever reason, I thought to myself, "I bet her boobs are just awful," and right after that thought finished, she turned around and looked right. fucking. at me.

At first I thought that I had actually said that out loud, and looked at the people on either side of me to see if there was any negative reaction, but they didn't show any sign. She stared at me for a good 10 seconds, turned, and continued walking.

Really weird, but I guess that's what I get for thinking her tits were shitty.

7. Nick

Nick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Motherfucker. Fort Lauderdale now under travel advisory thanks to Irene. Supposed to leave Friday morning for Greece. US Air willing to move my connection to Philadelphia up to Wednesday free of charge, but unfortunately, I have 2 extremely important meetings on Weds & Thurs that I cannot miss. Fuck fuck fuck

One hold with US Air as we speak...praying that they can move my Friday AM flight over to Fort Myers. Would be a 2.5 hour drive, but worth the hassle.

8. Dude

Dude
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Working in a ski shop during the winter just paid off huge. Below wholesale on 2012 equipment? Yes please.

9. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:
    Being able to wear knee socks, flesh tone shorts, and a sports bra to work. Without my boss batting an eye.
    Rant:
    I still can't swing a 2 pood kettle bell.

Double Rant:
    Went to autozone for my check engine light. It's definitely NOT because I didn't close the gas cap. it's got something to do with a throttle sensor.
    fucking warranty is about to get used.

Also, it's exceptionally quiet around here...

10. jrussellmikkelsen

jrussellmikkelsen
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant? Rave? Confusion!

I am taking applications for a sales job. Reading resumes this morning. Just read the following:

WHY would you advertise that?! I am baffled. Baffled! How can he expect me to bring him in for an interview with that on his resume? I don't get it.

11. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE

I am spending the weekend in Munich with 3 nice, hot German girls. Can I get a "FUCK YEAH!"

12. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:
    Just felt my first earthquake. Apparently my cousin in Arlington, VA got hit harder with it.

13. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just felt it too, the second one I felt in CT.

14. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Quebec is trying to separate again!

15. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not to jump on the earthquake bandwagon...but I heard it was right outside of Richmond, VA. 5.8. I can't believe it traveled as far as CT. I felt it pretty hard and I'm right outside of Philly. Maybe the economy really is crashing?? Har. Har.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant/Rave: I didnt feel a thing.

17. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Felt the quake here in North Carolina. Very strange sensation. Felt like the floor under my chair rolled for a second. It wasn't enough to say HOLY SHIT, but it was enough to notice and say, uh, what the fuck was that? Pretty cool actually. As long as it stays that minor.

18. jrczj

jrczj
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RANT: I can't believe how pathetic some people are. I live in Upstate New York and just read a facebook status of a girl I know that lives up here. "OMG still dizzy from the earthquake! that was intense!" Give me a fucking break. It was a 5.9 magnitude earthquake over 800 miles away.

RAVE: The unfriend option on facebook

RANT: Didn't feel the quake. Funny because I was just telling my girlfriend the other day how I want to experience an earthquake.

19. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Glad everyone's ok. But by now, I'm pretty sure that we all know that there was indeed an earthquake, and that some of you may have even felt it. That's super and everything, but lets move along to something else.

20. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: My dad.

Here was our most recent conversation:

Dad: Finally! I've been trying to call you for ten minutes. The phone won't connect and I have ten messages and I can't get to them! What is going on?
    Me: Dad, there was an earthquake. All the phones are knocked out. Give it some time and the phones will come back.
    Dad: What? An earthquake? I didn't feel anything. Why can't I get my messages?
    Me: The. Earth. Quake. Knocked. Out. The. Phone. Lines. Just. Wait. A. Little. Longer.
    Dad: I've got to go. I'll call you later.

Ten minutes later, I get a phone call.

Dad: I just went to Verizon and they said I can't get my messages because an earthquake knocked out the phone lines.
    Me: You went to Verizon?
    Dad: Yeah. I told them, "that's what my daughter said."
    Me: ...

Why do I even bother speaking? Seriously. I'm at a loss for words. Sigh. When I'm reincarnated, I don't give a shit if I'm a bird or a cockroach...I'd just like to have a normal family.

STILL ANNOYED RANT:
    I can't believe he got in the car to go to Verizon. Why the fuck did he even call me? Ten minutes of my life I'll never get back.