Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I really can't stand it when people don't take accountability for their actions. Quit making up excuses!! I got into an argument with the ex last night. He said that he is the way he is, because of his childhood. As in, he acts like an asshole, because he had a messed up childhood. He said that all these young girls are getting pregnant, because they had messed up childhoods. I called bullshit. Everyone makes their own choices in their life. They don't get to blame other people for their choices. Grow up, and own up to those choices. Quit playing the blame game. I had a screwed up childhood too. I don't have a baby on my hip, nor have I gone through the system. Ugh, it's going to be a long day.

2. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Today is my grandpa's birthday. The first birthday since he passed in February. We were extremely close and every day I'm thankful for everything he did for me. He was a fantastic person. I never thought I'd miss him this much.

3. Degenerate

Degenerate
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RANT: I swear to Christ, if I don't hit a ball out of the park this year in my Softball league I will be bitter the entire off season. Last night I hit a towering shot to left field and the fucker decided to drift foul right before the warning track. I know it's pathetic to obsess over something so trivial, but I will not be at peace until I accomplish this.

4. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Wife gets discharged from the hospital this afternoon. Surgery went fine and she's only experiencing minor discomfort, but I'm going to pamper and baby her anyway.

Rave: Another weekend with no school work hanging over my head. Leisure reading and a few movies on the DVR ("Touch of Evil" and "Magic Trip") in the sack with my better half.

Rant: Despite the drought conditions, there's still yard work and I'm dreading it. It can wait until Sunday when it's only supposed to be 103 instead of the 108 projected for today. I'm tired of seeing triple digit highs for every day on my weather app. Fall really can't get here fast enough.

Rave: Was awarded another scholarship for my last year of grad school that covers the difference between my total bill and my other scholarship. Total out-of-pocket for me this year is books and parking.

Rave: As shitty as this week has been, I'm still grateful.

5. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Rave: Got an appointment with the dietician on Monday. Hopefully I'll be able to improve my diet without many too many sacrifices.

Rant/Rave: Our dietician is cute and has a really sexy voice. I can handle cute but I'm going to be very distracted by her voice. Hopefully I'll be able to listen to the advice I'm there to get.

6. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I got to the office at 1:15. I will be here until approximately 3. I can already feel my soul being leeched. I think I'm allergic to the office.

Rave: I'm literally going to follow my customers out the door when they leave. I'm looking forward to it like this is the last day of school before summer vacation.

7. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Add me to the list of TiBettes with the synced up cycle.

Rave: That means, for once, I won't be on my period for my beach trip.

Rave: Beach!

Rant: I have 5 more work days before we leave Wednesday night.

Rant: My parents took my dog to the beach with them and not only am I home without her, I'm going to miss her first encounter with the ocean.

8. BeachBum21

BeachBum21
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

RAVE: Moved in, unpacked, and loving Richmond. If anyone is familiar with/from this area of Virginia, let me know if there are places I should go/things I should do/see!

RANT: Was supposed to work 4 hours yesterday, worked 8 1/2.

DOUBLE RANT: Came outside to a parking ticket on my car. WTF Richmond PD, I haven't even lived here for a week yet.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Fucking Awesome Rave:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm268781.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/ ... 268781.htm</a>

10. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    RANT: Trying to corral drunks.

RAVE: Giving up and going home.

BIGGER RAVE: was playing on the radio on the way home. At 2.30AM. Props to the DJ.

#11190 Durbanite, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  11. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: College classes appear to be extremely easy. I'm taking an online English class, and the assignments are a joke.

Rant: I don't know if it was just me being idealistic about college, (I haven't been there, so I don't know yet) but I can't believe how retarded most of the other people are. Most of our grades come from a forum-style board where you post your assignments. The discourse on this board that comes from people talking about getting laid and doing drugs is more learned than the trash that people post. Holy shit, you are IN A CLASS. Why are you posting fucking smiley faces in a paper?

Not to mention that the requirements are hilarious. "Talk about your primary approach to literary criticism and why with at least 150 words." A hundred and fifty words? That's barely even a paragraph. Then again, looking at the caliber of my classmates, that might be a stretch.

12. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Rave: Brother night of Cowboys and Aliens followed by Hooters. My brother is hilarious. He'll order a beer because he thinks it's "cool", then sit there sipping and grimacing the whole time while claiming that he loves the taste. He is now sleeping on my couch. He is sworn to man-secrecy because if my mother ever found out he drank a beer on my watch my life is forfeit.

Rave: 25 breaded wings? Plus blue cheese? Don't mind if I do.

Rant: It's not digesting. Hiya there PeptoBismol.

13. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: I had a realization this week. My brother is an alcoholic and/or addict. And, he's making really awful, life-changing decisions right now. It makes me so fucking sad that I can't help him. He doesn't want help from anyone, so I don't say anything to him.

14. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: At myself. Went to training today, tired from the party last night on top of my usual bullshit. Also seeing double as my vision decided to pull a swifty on me. Long story short - I zigged when I should have zagged in sparring. Put a tooth through my lower lip. Got it checked out by the doc, but he said he can't stitch it because of the mangling inside.

15. ex Animo

ex Animo
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant (but mainly to vent):

I didn't want to turn to an anonymous forum, but seeing as I am drunk and miserable..

My father only has a few days left to live. I love my father very much. I am very close to him and have spent the last week trying to get used to the idea that he will no longer be there. I had wanted to start a thread on how to deal with the loss of a loved one, but I am too embarrassed, seeing as I feel that it may be too serious for such a fun place. I try to my best not to cry, but my mind accidentally wandered while at work yesterday and out came the water works. I don't know what to do. Does any have any sagely advice?

Kudos.

16. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: The West Memphis Three have been released after being wrongfully imprisoned for eighteen years.

Rant: They never should have gone in the first place.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: They are already expecting me to be his mommy. What in the hell. I'm being stressed out OVER NOTHING. Jesus Christ, mom, just because his phone is off, don't freak the fuck out and come to my door at midnight after I am asleep and wake me up with repeated doorbell ringings. Yes, he's with friends. Yes, he's probably irresponsible. If he can't take care of himself by now then no one can help him.

Short version: Don't wake me up with repeated door bell ringing at midnight.

18. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I've been sick this entire week. Monday, intense stomach cramps that led into a upper airway infection that has recently led into an ear infection. My immune system has apparently taken holiday. I managed until now to head to the doctor, I would rather bust this on my own than develop another antibiotic immune bug but alas, no dice. Got some drugs and they're fucking powerful. I feel just fucked up, I've got that intense drugged up feeling and it hasn't gone away in the last three hours.

What the fucking hell.

Rave/rant: just watched the vice mag movie on their trip to north korea. That entire fucking country seems like some 50's soviet russia crazy drug binge. It's an entire different species of humans living in a self-contained acid trip of a society.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rave: Just got back from my mud volleyball tournament. Out of 192 teams, we came in 11th place. Not too shabby.

20. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant
    Hauling brush is 109° heat sucks dog ass. Fuck this shit.
    Rave...
    Drinking the high life and my dad is discrete enough to just let me be in a bad mood.