Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy Shit Rave: I have an interview for a video game programmer position in Ottawa
    [I know the games industry is really one that underpays and chews people up, but it's still a field I'd love to be in, and I really wanted to move to Ottawa]

2. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Finished out restaurant week here in DC with dinner at Art and Soul. I've heard about this place for years, and having now finally eaten here, this is without question the best fried chicken in Washington DC. Combine that with an appetizer of housemade pate with house mustard, a desert of some seriously delicious bread pudding, and a really quite fantastic Perfect Manhattan, and I had a pretty good weekend. But perhaps the best bonus was that at the tail end of our meal, who should come up to our table to say hello but chef/owner Art Smith, who was exceptionally gracious and warm.

Rant: I got him to agree to pose for a picture with my wife, and then couldn't get my camera phone to work. She was (rightfully) displeased, and I'm an idiot.

3. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Basketball stuff you probably don't care about, all spoilered.

Rave: Championship/ASG for one of the basketball leagues tonight.

Rant: They moved the game up 20 minutes today -- doesn't much effect me, but if we're missing people because of this I'm going to be unhappy. We're probably 6 point underdogs (1 seed vs. 6 seed) but our lineup is explosive when everybody is there.

Rave: Good summer session, all in all. Final tally: two leagues, one semi-final appearance, one finals appearance, one RoY award, one RoY runner up, one MVP runner up, one scoring title, two all-star selections. I'm going to get back in the swing of things for another season, then try the very top league, which is populated with tons of D1/Semi-pro players, and is supposedly in contention for best league in the city. I obviously won't be a difference-maker, but even holding my own would be a pretty good goal. I'd probably have to gain 15 pounds though.

4. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I'm currently sitting in the San Antonio airport waiting for my plane to Salt Lake. Vacation is going well.

6. ASL

ASL
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant/Rave Classes started up again today. Excited to be back on track to my degree and all that jazz, but a summer of fun work and good climbing is hard to let go of. I'll just have to get even better at time management so I can keep going with everything.

Rave College girls are back! To bad I feel like a creeper given the age difference between me and freshman/sophomores. . . I guess six years isn't THAT bad.

7. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Afternoon delight.

8. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave: I'm so excited for class to start!

Rant: Spoiled for length/retardedness.

I feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone. Apparently, telling someone that I'm busy this weekend leads to her asking if she can crash at my apartment and making plans for us Saturday night and all day Sunday. I don't want to go to a lake the day before school starts....in 100+ degree weather. I don't want to hang out with this girl who is all drama and who more often than not I end up babysitting so that she doesn't end up in jail or a ditch. I'm too old for that shit. She just moved to Austin so I didn't want to make a big deal out of telling her I don't want to go out with her anymore. She started acting crazy a few weeks ago, and I stupidly thought, "Oh, well she's leaving. We won't see each other for a long time. And, I don't have to deal with the inevitable crazy fall-out of telling her we can't hang out anymore." I didn't expect her to want to visit me the weekend after she moves. All I want to do this weekend is relax, workout, and do something chill with my boyfriend. This girl isn't even close to being my best friend or anything like that. I feel like I have a Stage Five Cling-On. I'm going to have to call her back tonight and tell her.

9. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Ridiculously sexy English major is in my classes again this semester.

Rant: So is his horrible little female friend. What is it called when one girl cock-blocks another girl against a guy friend?

10. captain awesome

captain awesome
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Rant: Shit, it turns out I am actually depressed and whatnot.

Rave: I suppose it all gets better from here.

Rant: When I mentioned it to my friends, they said "I thought you already knew that".

Rave: They followed it up with "It's ok, x, y, and z have the same problem".

It's not that big of a deal, but it was weird to realise that after years of going "What am I, crazy?!" the answer was "Actually, yes".

11. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave Similar rave to ASL, I'm starting back up at school after a two year journey into the work world. I'm happy to be back and have a life again. I also enjoy being around college girls again, I plan on taking full advantage of them. Also, I look young for my age, so while I'm 25, I look 22 and therefore not the creepy old guy.

12. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: The investment company I helped start 2 years ago was up over the market by 18% last year, and with the huge swings this year, we look to be up ~30% this year. This is my retirement, y'all, and it's headed by people I know, and I have a real input, and we're kicking ass.

13. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:I've gone out on three dates with a girl that can not only meet my IQ, she can top it. She's going for her second Doctorate right now.

Rant: She says I don't seem interested in her. We've been on three dates, and to be honest, she's a bit intimidating.

Rave:She's given me one more chance.

Girls, do I just grab her and kiss her at some point, let the chemistry work itself out like that?

14. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: While looking for a picture I ran across one of a woman who will now haunt my dreams.

And she's real

Attached Files:

15. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

double rave for some afternoon delight.

Coached two strong classes. Now I'm going home and having a beer and probably some stuffed peppers.

Then tomorrow my cousin flies home and I get to have him work for me, which is good because he's not a fat shitbird.

16. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: You ever try to clear wine out of your windpipe after you swallow wrong? You sound like a grunting retard, as do I right now.

17. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Rant: It really bothers me when job ads require that you submit a photo with your application. I understand that some of the industries I'm trying to get into have a lot to do with image (these ads are usually for PR related things), but it's annoying how blatant they are about caring about how you look just as much -if not more so - than the experience you can bring to the table. I put way much more time and effort into how I dress up for an interview these days than I do for a date, and yet I still get these frustrating experiences where the person who's interviewing me is looking me up and down and giving me the "I think it's really precious that you think you can do this job" look, like in The Devil Wears Prada even though I dress a hundred times better than her, at least in the beginning of that movie. I'm sorry, I didn't realize I had to get a blowout and wear a designer dress and shoes to interview for this entry level underpaid position. In publishing.

18. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Rant: Hah! Try ten years. Going back to finally finish out my degree this semester. Man this is going to be interesting.
    Rave: Hot girls in my cost accounting class? Unexpected, but very welcome. Yes ladies, I am an accountant by trade and will be more than happy to help you out with the material.
    Rant: Stupid cold hindering my lifting. I'm going to hit 1400 total powerlifting (bench, squat, deadlift) or kill myself trying by the end of the year. Im almost at 1200 (1195) now, so it's a big jump. Plus my deadlift has plateaued big time.

19. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: By trading in my old PS3 along with a few games I never play anymore, I was able to get a brand new PS3 for only $15. Now I don't have to worry about the stupid thing breaking every few months.

Rant: Meeting with my cooperating teacher today was canceled. I understand he is busy, I just wanted to get a start on some lesson plans and get an early jump on things before school starts up next week.

Rant: One of my fantasy leagues is drafting this Sunday. I was told this today. My work schedule for next week is already done, and there is a better-than-average chance I work Sunday, as it was the only day I could work next week (schedules run Sunday through Saturday). Fuck.

Rave: Passed that kidney stone. Hurt like a bitch, but it is over.

20. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: First day of the new job was good. I was bored out of my skull listening to the HR manager talk about healthcare plans all day, but the people I'll be working with seem great and I haven't really had to work yet.

Double Rave: Getting a paycheck again in 9 days! Finally earning some real money!

Rant: Finally paying some real taxes.

Rant/Rave:
    Moving out has turned my house into a shithole, but I'm drinking the beer left by people that moved out already and am ready to move the fuck out so I'm in a good mood.