Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: Just paid my brothers security deposit and 1st month's rent for him. He lives in Michigan and his land lady kicked him out for eating a bowl of cereal too loudly, which she apparently heard through the floor. What a fucking psycho.

2. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:
    Mother Nature has officially farted in my cereal.

3. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rant: Things that suck - surprises. Surprise rain storms, surprise phone calls from exes, and surprise periods. Fuck sakes.

Rave: Taste of the Danforth this weekend. I'm going to combat cramps with ouzo and olives.

4. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Seriously, WTF, stupid video store job? It is such an easy job, but with the two people that just left, I'm getting a ton of hours. Not bad, except that god forbid something come up with my babysitting. They're treating me like an asshole because my brother's father-in-law died and my mom went to help out (leaving me sitter-less). I drop everything and come in when they ask, but the one time I need some help, I'm basically told "find someone to cover it or quit."

Rave: Wife is 95% on board with idea of me just staying home. She is gradually getting there. I predict within a week I'll be able to put in my notice and focus on being a stay-at-home dad.

Rave: Change in formula has helped my daughter immensely. She is sleeping better, not spitting up anymore, and is generally in a much better mood.

Rant: Still haven't see Dark Knight Rises. Motherfucker.

5. Johnson

Johnson
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

6. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Rant: I really don't feel like squatting today.

7. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    By squatting, do you mean hovering over the toilet blasting molten lava from your ass, also known as hovering?

RANT: I have a fucking cold. 2 fucking months of coughing and/or blocked nose to go! Fuck yeah! Just what I needed.

My nose hasn't stopped running and is managing to run and be blocked all at once. I really fucking hate my sinuses. They have NEVER worked properly.

Also, it was so cold here I went to bed in long pajamas, with the fucking heater on, AND lying under a duvet and I still could not get warm. This sucks.

RAVE: At least my throat no longer hurts.

RANT: Cottonmouth. No matter what I drink, I'm thirsty again right after.

8. Iamme

Iamme
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: Two years today since my Dad died. Am now sitting on my bed, crying, and needing to go out today. Shit. I'm still pretty shattered.
    This bit's a bit of a girly rant, but fuck you guys if you wouldn't rant too: He won't get to walk me down the isle, or meet his grandbabies.

9. The Skirt

The Skirt
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RANT: Totaled my car on Monday. Allegedly I fell asleep at the wheel during my morning commute and drove into the back of a gravel truck while going around 60mph on the interstate. I don't remember a damn thing. Wasn't wearing my seatbelt. I have a concussion that has required me to stay off of all electronic devices for 72 hours, a broken left pinky, whiplash, bruised knees/shins, and a random assortment of knicks and dings.

RAVE: I DIDN'T DIE!!!! So, you know, WOOT BITCHES!

RAVE: AllState is the most awesome insurance company. They've been a dream to work with. Sure my premiums are going to skyrocket, but you've got to love an insurance company that calls you and asks how they can pay your medical bills.

RANT: Unrelated. My computer is busted. Trying to post from my phone sucks.

10. AdrianSSS

AdrianSSS
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I haven't done this for awhile. Weirdly I kinda miss this place.

Rant: Thanks to overnight shifts covering the Motherfucking Olympics with a -9hr time difference, I currently have no idea what day it is or which way is up. Should I have breakfast? Is it 9pm? Time to jerk off? WHO KNOWS!

Rave: Who gives a shit, because in four days (I think, Wednesday is like four days away right?) I'm dropping tools for seven weeks and fucking off to the good ol' US of A again for an extended northern-summer vacation. Vegas, San Diego, Ventura, Tampa, Chicago, Brooklyn, Rhode Island Seafood Festival, Charlotte, Omaha (don't ask), then back to Ventura. Coming home with a tan and hopefully a clear hear.

Rant: Definitely coming home way out of shape. Fuck it, I'll deal with it in October.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Rant: I just got an eyewitness account on the condition of my house that I live in in Mississippi.

It's fucking destroyed. Drawers and cabinets dumped all over the floor. Shit fucking everywhere. Electronics stacked up by the door. Clothes strewn all over the fucking house. Garbage everywhere.

While I am glad that I had the sense to remove my guns and other valuables before I left, this still pisses me the fuck off. I was told it might be easier just to bulldoze the place. The fucking house is only 15 years old for Gods sake.

12. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE:

I've had most of the gear for a while, but I just got the stands today so it finally looks cool. And that's all that matters, right?

Attached Files:

• 2.0.jpg
      2.0.jpg
      File size:
      90.2 KB
      Views:
  13. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Fixed bike derailleur.

Rant: Tire wall blowout.

14. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I met this girl. She's awesome, funny, hot and she likes me. I like her too.

Rant: She's in Australia.

Rave: She eventually wants to visit.

15. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Met a seemingly perfect-ish girl on Friday night. Absolutely stunning, quirky funny, great taste in music. Whip smart. Hit it off for a good 2 hours. Towards the end of the night, totally misread a cue and went in for a kiss, she got weirded out and immediately shut down. Like avoided me for the next 20 min as her friend talked with my roommate. Her response to my attempt at reaching out to her yesterday was tepid at best. So I think its DOA. Really bummed out as she was hands down the most exciting girl Ive met in months. Oh well, on to the next one I guess.

RAVE: Watching Usain Bolt run is just unreal. Man is otherworldly.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Rant: I sold my Toyota pick up today. (Not toytoy, I sold her years ago, today I sold my Tundra.)

Why did I sell her? I looked under the ass end this morning to check out why the busted upper shock mount was making so much more noise then usual. The frame was cracked. Severely. There were spider web cracks going every which direction, it was only a matter of time till she broke in two.

I had the mount welded up a few years back and promptly broke it again, so I just let it go. I then drove across the country several times with it busted. Yeah, I probably shouldn't have done that.

200,000 miles of horrific abuse and still running like a champion, she was put out to pasture by metal fatigue.

I sold her to a Mexican this morning for $3100, a rather dubious fate (The automotive equivalent of being sold into sexual slavery.) I should've filled her up with gas and set her on fire, Viking style.

Farewell my faithful companion, we had a hell of a run together.

I don't even have any decent pictures of her, she always just happened to be in a picture. (Cue the sad montage music.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: signed up at care.com a couple months back for nannying/babysitting/tutoring jobs while I look for a "real" job. Most of the listings are too far away but I found one super close to me on base. Small world shit: we have the same area code for our cell phones, which is for a teeny tiny little town in Louisiana (my sister lives there). She had that lovely full on Cajun accent too. God I miss people from that part of the world. We were both so happy. And she's paying me a pretty good amount for what I'll be doing.

Rave: ....which got me to thinking, I bet there are plenty of families on base who need a night to themselves every once in awhile. I'm going to try different things, but in the end I hope to pick up a few more families to put in rotation. It won't be the same money as a salaried position but if I can get a few more families, I could pull in enough money to easily cover all our groceries and gas every month.

18. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So on the plus side I figured out why I can't see a bunch of images on this board. Unfortunately, the reason is that you apparently need to use a browser other than Firefox to see them and that's my main one.

19. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rave: Being so much stronger now than I was 6 months ago.

Rant: Man hands.

20. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: two of the guys I sponsor are bi-polar. One was having a manic episode this weekend and the other was in a depressive phase. I did more gear shifting this weekend than AJ Foyt did in his entire career. An exhausting and unexpected way of spending my weekend, but neither of them relapsed and I got to forget about my troubles for a while, so really a rave.

Rave: Smoked turkey was awesome. Brined it overnight, then applied a sage, dried orange peel, salt & pepper rub and used clementines and their juice in the cavity cylinder. Juicy as could be with a nice fruity and smoky flavor. Made turkey salad with the leftovers and got some real Jewish seeded rye bread. I'm looking forward to lunch today!