Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Had to miss watching the games yesterday to drive back to Saskatchewan. Luckily one of the man friends texted me updates.

Rave: I love having a job that does not require a professional relationship with my boss. Here is a sample of such unprofessionalism through text message:

Her: Hey Cum Guzzler! How's the drive?
    Me: Swallowing is a personal choice, thank you. So far, so good though.

Rant: Women's World Curling is going on in the hometown. Even more middle-age people here than there usually is.

2. The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE: I may or may not (or may) have taken several Xanax to get me through the day at work zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

MEGASUPERDUPERMOTHERFUCKINGRAVE: I was just offered a job for doing a lot of the same things I do now, in a rapidly growing company, much closer to my house (with free parking), and for a US$5K yearly raise. I also get to double dip on my 8 weeks of severance and 2 weeks of cashed in PTO. Essentially, I get 10 extra weeks of pay. This is fucking fantastic.

Because of said news, I just purchased a fantastic dream machine. Intel i7 920, GTX 260 Superclocked, 8 GB DDR3 ram, 2 TB of space. I was planning on buying some of this but I was just put over the top!

Khs?KFHADSKFHSAKFHADSLKHFLDSAHFDSAklfhfsad I'm excited. Time for drinky!

4. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Summer's shaping up to be good already. It's months away, but preparation needs to happen some time: The Portable Keg Cooler

5. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just quit my job. No more waking up at 2:50am. No more driving 40 miles at 3:15am. No more starting work at 4:00am. If the money was good enough I would have continued doing this job. It wasn't. I'm excited to start catching up on sleep and waking up at normal hours.

I'm going to have a nice stiff drink and then go to sleep at 10.

6. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I am dog sitting.

I love dogs almost as much as whiskey, but this dog is a pain in the ass. He is 100lbs, is scared of me because the last time I dog sat him he escaped and I chased him, and he ran, and then cowered in fear when I caught up to him.

Also we can't have any animals in this apartment, so he can't bark at all. Or be left alone because he might bark. And then we get fucked because we are violating the lease.

Also, he is allowed to do whatever he wants at home, so we have to try and keep him out of bed at night. The only 100lb thing I would allow to sleep in our bed is a second chick. And he wants to get up on the couch like he does at home.

I didn't sign up for this, Jägerette did without asking.

Rave: His ears are softer than velvet.

7. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant/Rave: Applying for a new job today wish me luck I should get a response within a week. Damn Air Force making me wait like this.

Rave: Snowboarding tomorrow probably last time til next winter.

8. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rave: Just had a phenomenal evening. A run with a good friend and our three dogs, topped off with an intense game of "big pack of dogs chasing a tennis ball." Everyone's worn out. Barbecued hot dogs for dinner, and Bill Maher to top everything off.

Rave: If you put a cut up hot dog on the ground in the back yard, then give the command "hot dog!" your two animals will run directly from the vehicle into the yard, no complaints. Problem solved. And yes, they were leashed so don't give me any PM's telling me to do it.

Rant: The Newfie swam everywhere he could. He now smells like some combination of freshly cut grass, bog water and dead fish.

9. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Continuing on with The Wire. I'm on Season 5 now, and this shit is going to the next level. I'm so sad that this is going to be it.

Rave: Have some beer, finally have a connect for the green stuff*, and I'm loving life right now.

Rave: Life is just generally good right now. Gotta love periods of good luck.

*60 for a half ounce? Yes please. An eighth is usually 35 around these parts.

10. squid

squid
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Rave: March madness

Double Rave: Tennessee making the elite eight

Rant/Rave: Watching major sporting events in Guam 10 hours behind the east coast = being drunk at 2 P.M. on a Saturday. Guess who is getting nothing done the rest of the day?

11. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant- been puking on and off for the last few hours
    Rant- I am not drunk and loathe throwing up
    Rave- my cat is the worlds best sick person friend, although, she sucks at holding my hair back
    Rave- got a new sack of delicious buds that I am going to break into to hopefully smoke myself into a coma

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I downloaded season one of Mad Men and Im up to the third episode. Show seems like it is going to get VERY good. Ive also started downloading Breaking Bad which Ill try and marathon through to keep up with the new season.

Rant: There are probably a dozen shows I need to do this with, The Wire, Deadwood, Rome, finish up Nip/Tuck, and a some more I can't think of off the top of my head.

13. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Sipping a cold beer by my fire. Does it get better?

Rave: Going out for chilli squid at our local chinese place in about an hour, they make gooood squid.

14. Bogan

Bogan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I watched the entire series of The Wire in about a month late last year. Seriously cut into my work time, but well worth it.

RANT: Motherfuckers spraypainted graffiti on my car while I was on holiday. Did a few other cars in the street too.

RAVE: Acetone is good shit, car is sort of clean

RAVE: On the way to being pissed off my ass, about to leave for a good night out for a farewell party for a girl from work. Sadly we're going to a fucking 80s bar. Why do Germans love the 80s?

15. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Massive Rave: First day of the grand final today and we were in massive shit at 8-103 then I helped pull us out of the shit with my top score fo the season. Then went in to defend 169 and I picked up 4 - 23 off 10 overs. Go back tomorrow morning to finish them off and hopefully end up with man of the match.

16. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Here's my week thus far. Monday: Computer virus, lost my entire hard drive because I had to "restore drive to Factory image." Wednesday: Some cocksucker smashed my window and stole some stuff out of my car (see previous rant for that). Thursday: I go get my convertible out of storage earlier than I wanted to so we could have a second car up and running. Master cylinder/booster is shot, so there is no brake fluid in it. Plus, there was a dead mouse under the passenger seat who apparently had moved in for the winter and pissed all over the carpet. So, the interior smells like dead mouse and mouse urine. Then, on top of that, Murphy's Law kicked in: If you get out your convertible early, you are guaranteed rain/snow. We got rain and flurries, which went over real well on my car with the smashed window. Friday: The insurance adjuster finally calls me back and says, "OK, well I can come look at that on Monday." So now, my car gets to sit for almost a week with a trash bag over the window. Today: I wake up with a sinus infection, a massive headache and I get to go do this:

My son's Kung Fu Panda themed party at our karate school. I don't know if that will be a rant or a rave yet, but a room full of six year olds screaming has brain-pain written all over it.

17. Virty

Virty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE: Getting the cat today, hooray. Save all the negativity, I understand most of you hate cats. But I'm excited so fuck yall.

18. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: For about $2 a piece, those large HEB "hot or cold" bags for make the cheapest beer coolers ever. I cannot believe I hadn't thought of this before.

19. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: I just got a Sharp Sharp AQUOS 40 inch for $600. Awesome.

Rave: Battle Royale later with the FB.

20. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave- Finally killing this infection with a second round of antibiotics. Three weeks of illness finally coming to an end.

Rant- I dropped one of my pills on the floor of a public bathroom when I forgot I had it in my pocket and pulled it out with my cell phone. You can't skip even a single dose of antibiotics as there's a good chance the infection will come back.

So what does one do? I washed off the pill and took it.

Rant- Now I'll need another round of antibiotics to combat whatever the fuck I got from the bathroom floor.