Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: My youngest started T ball today and it was his first practice. He loves it and he's got a great arm. He was even fielding the ball well. Color me the proud papa.

2. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Great night last night. Won about $400 at the blackjack table. Got excessively drunk with some good pals. Just a really fun night.

RANT: I'm pretty sure I pissed in my dirty clothes basket.

3. Virty

Virty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE: Finally the drought is over, and I can smoke, ride and get paid, hooray!

4. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Phew!

Rave: Free cookies! And the person who gave them to me didn't drive a horrible smelling van this time.

Rant: Only one more night.

Rave: Two weeks, I leave for Cuba for seven days. Best part, in the next fourteen days, I only work six of them. I'm pretty excited for this as I haven't had a proper vacation in a while (Okay, I went to Cuba in November once but it was pretty close after I broke up with the ex and the entire week was spent moping around and being sad, it was pretty shitty but that's life).

Rave: One of my better friends has been working up in Grand Prairie for the last fifteen months. He's finally back! This guy is super awesome and I've definitely missed having him around.

Rave: Sid Vicious - My Way. Awesome.

5. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave: It's just an overstretched nerve in my back. YAY! I'm way too young for that shit.

6. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Our back deck went from kind of awesome to seriously awesome in a matter of two days. We got a hand me down porch swing, a dining set and tons of plants. After significant scrubbing all of the lounge chairs by the pool are usable too!

Rant: The pool is still too cold to swim in.

Rave: Doesn't matter, eating a sammich and drinking sweet peach tea is a perfectly nice way to spend the afternoon..

7. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Internet's fucked.

Double Rant: Rogers telling me the internet is absolutely fine and it has to be something on our end when it clearly isn't. Mr. Brown man, what don't you understand here? The issue just started, doesn't occur on any other networks I join, doesn't occur when I tether with my Rogers phone, and no, you doing a packet loss test isn't going to diagnose an intermittent issue you dumb sack of shit. Stop reading the script and do your fucking job!!!

8. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave:

Got a great workout today.

Rant:

It was from helping one of my friends move. He and his wife recently had another baby so their apartment was too small. Three beds, three big couches, and other assorted heavy shit.

At least there were no stairs.

9. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Well, everything happens in threes. It started on Thursday and tonight was the third. That's about the only silver lining I can see right now.
    http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/mar/27/rendezvous-founder-charlie-vergos-dies/
    A great man with a huge heart and even bigger spirit is gone but will never be forgotten. It's unreal--to know what little he came from and then to recognize what he built, his life and legacy, and his incredible philanthropy is something of which I am truly proud. And yet I've never felt so humbled. Love ya, Uncle Charlie.

10. Kittie

Kittie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: Damn you to hell West Virginia! God I hate living in Tennessee right now. Someone please tell me the Volunqueers will be taken out quickly?

Rant:
    On my way to reunion, sober, going to have to stay sober even though Kentucky lost.

Rave:
    My hair looks cute.

11. Ferris

Ferris
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant/Rave: Woke up this morning in a daze, not knowing exactly where I was or who I was. My head hurt, my belt was ripped in half, and I thought I'd missed my first class before figuring out that a) it's Saturday, and b) I was half an hour late to work. Must've been one hell of a Friday night.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: Found out yesterday that my sister has a 90%+ chance of contracting MS within the next 2 years. She had a strange infection near her optic nerve that caused her to be temporarily blind in one eye, and in the process of getting that sorted out, the doctors had her go through some pretty extensive tests. She has a few bad early indicators. I now have appointments for the same tests next week.

RAVE: They are kicking off a new MS drug trial in a week at UWO, and they want to get her into it. Odds are really good she'll make it, as they're rushing her through all the pre-trial tests. She's also a government employee so she won't have any financial issues if shit gets bad.

13. uzisuicide

uzisuicide
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: New iPhone. That thing is bad fucking ass.

14. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Finally seen I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell, and I can see why it didnt do so well. It seemed like all the actors/actresses tried WAY too hard. It was funny dont get me wrong, but it was stupid funny, and I cant remember half of what I seen, where as The Hangover (and Old School, and Super Troopers and even Mrs Doubtfire for instance) was funny, it had great flow and you can remember it because it was done so well. It had a B movie feel, which I wasnt expecting due to all the hype. I think I got jewed out of 7 bucks for this one.

Rave: Bought a Remington Model 700 SPS in .300 WSM (Stainless and Composite) today at a gun auction. It was brand new in box and I got it for $500, which is a sweet deal considering they are $934.99 new at my local gun store. I think its going to fight with my A-Bolt in the gun cabinet tonight lol.

Also bought a Mossberg 535 three barrel combo today for turkey season in a few weeks. Kick ass shotgun for the money.

15. BeerMonster

BeerMonster
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Mega Rave: UFC Spoiler
    Three letters...GSP.

16. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Beer, baseball, beautiful weather, beautiful women. Scottsdale may feel as "authentic" as the post op recovery room at a plastic surgeons but it certainly earns high marks in many categories.

Rave: Hit every single bet I placed on UFC 111. Every straight bet, every parlay, everything. I feel like a genius this AM.

Rave: Spartacus: Blood and Sand. Goddamn I love that show.

Rant: Indecisive customers. I need to book a flight and would love to know before the day I actually have to leave if I'm going home or to Detroit. Fuckers.

17. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Massive Super Mega Rave: Won the Grand Final. I got man of the match. I'm drunk as tewnty men. I keep my record intact as never having lost a grand final I've participated in over the years.

18. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

GODDAMNIT VIRGIN ATLANTIC IF I DON'T TALK TO A PERSON I'M GOING TO PUNCH RICHARD BRANSON IN HIS SMUG FUCKING FACE.

19. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: fucking stupid retard girls

20. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

MEGA HUGE FUCKING RAVE!!! FINAL FOUR YET AGAIN!!! HELL YEAH SPARTANS!!!!