Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Michigan State! Just watched the game with the ex and his dad! Not even that awkward! But only cause his dad is the best! Whoo!

2. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One year ago today I made my first bacon explosion. I would like to thank Effin Shenanigans for posting the recipe the first time, and all the arteries ive clogged with the 25 or so I've made since that first one.

Rave: Holy week is kicking off this week. And I'm celebrating by eating a different pork product daily. Today was pepperoni. Thank you jews!

Oops wait, I don't even believe in that stuff. I guess I was just looking for an excuse to eat pork.

Rant: Today was my 8th straight day of work. It ends at 13. Then I finally get a weekend. Fuck overtime in it's ass.

3. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: I won a $100 Tim Card 3 minutes ago on the roll up the win. After loosing 17 times I finally won.

4. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Life lesson learned: It's never a good idea when talking to an off duty policeman working at your bar when conveying the desire to hunt wild boar, to use this phrase: I feel like killing some pigs. They do not take kindly to that wording.....

5. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I have no alcohol and no one to drink with.

Rave: Its monday and I'm not at work.

Mega Rave: We won the Grand Final and I got man of the match and I don't care if I'm repeating myself.

6. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Duke is back in the Final Four where they belong. Bring on Huggy!

somewhat rant: Kentucky failed to make it out of their region, I was looking forward to a Duke-UK matchup. Those are always classic.

RAVE: two more wins and Coach K gets #4

7. thatone

thatone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Are online quizzes bullshit? I just did one for depression - a mark of 9 or higher means you might be clinically depressed. I scored 24.

Fuck.

8. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Go the Dockers!!! First round 1 win in 5 years. Hopefully they keep it up and have a decent season.

9. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: This weekend went really well. Hockey game was fun, and the conversation I had with Angela went really well.

Rant: There's still a lot more we need to talk about. The future is really in question.

Rave: I don't have to work till Wednesday!

10. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just realized that I quite like "Uptown Girl" and "For the Longest Time."

That's probably really gay, right? Yeah. Probably really gay.

11. gfh

gfh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant: I thought I would be like Mr. Lahey and "let the liquor do the thinking" but forgot that the liquor would do the talking too. I ended up asking "who are these raggedity bitches" in front of my friend and her other male friend. Those raggedity bitches were her friends and my friend, her other male friend and the raggedity bitches who heard me ask the question weren't happy about my asking that question. So I did what I could and went and bought more drinks for myself from the bar.

12. senorviper

senorviper
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Rave: Thank you to everyone on the board who's supported me the past few months. My grandma's health declined until last week, when she passed. It was painless, and in her sleep, and I thank God for that. I loved her very much, and the support I got here made it easier to deal with the whole process, so again, you beautiful minions on the Idiot Board, I do love you, and i do genuinely thank you for your kind words. This is a Green Rep to all of you.

13. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rant: at the emergency room with my brother. Possible heart attack.

14. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rave: wasn't a heart attack

rant: because he's paralyzed he has really bad muscle spasms and that's what they think this is related to
    and they're admitting him.

semi-rave: he's quite funny on morphine.

15. Virty

Virty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE: Oh my god, so where I work. It's retail, we are pretty busy around Christmas time. So typically we have our Christmas party in March. What a fucking shit show, like holy shit.

It was in one of our local bowling establishments. They gave us one over worked bartender, lots of pizza and cheep beer. What a completely awesome clusterfuck. I saw more shit last night, than I ever cared to see. But despite the huge clusterfuck, how fun! God I love my job!

RANT: As absolutely amazing as this cat is, she is kind of a bitch. Seriously, I didn't clean her litter box out yesterday. She took all of her food and put it in her water. Now she is hiding under the bed staring at me. God she is such a fucking woman, I love her, I want to please her. But she will not give me the tools to do so.

16. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Neurosurgeon said there is basically no longer any chance of my brain tumor ever returning, and that there will come a point when I no longer will have to get my yearly MRI.

Rave: Went skeet shooting yesterday; haven't gone in a long time. Not only did I get pretty accurate after a box or two of shells, I also got increasingly intoxicated. We turned it into one of the greatest drinking games ever.

Rant: Have to return to my eye doctor in a bit so she can tell me how fucked up my eyes got from the damn tumor (that at the time was making them go all crazy, a la Mr. Deeds). Hopefully there won't be any major problems, but I am not overly optimistic.

Rant: Despite using a (shitty) recoil pad, my shoulder is killing me. Fuck!

17. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: After having a great year with my brackets I go into the elite eight with all 4 of my Final Four teams remaining, looking to win my bracket pool. After the last two days, I now have not a single team left in the final four. I don't even understand how that is possible, but watching the games made me want to tear out my hair. KState, Baylor, Kentucky, Tennessee...WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU GUYS ON THE COURT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Rant: Anyways, I just lost 5 dollars.

18. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I hate it when really strange, creepy coincidences happen. Woke up at 8 this morning, showered, and decided I wanted to watch something for a few minutes, discovery channel type stuff. Looked through my External Harddrive and found my Megacities episodes I downloaded, threw on the one about New York. This concentrated heavily on the subway system and talked about terrorist attacks and accidents on subways around the world. Then I look at CNN around noon and see this shit about the terrorist attacks in Moscow's subway. Fucking creepy the way that works... Haven't even considered watching these episodes in the 2 years since I downloaded them, then today of all days...

19. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Only one more week until Brewers opening day! I'm not going to be able to attend for the first time in 4 years due to starting a new job, but I just can't wait for the regular season to start. Usually the last week goes so slow, but at least the Bucks are in the playoff hunt so watching them still matters and will help pass the time.

20. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave: (still undecided) The fiance said I could buzz my hair (not that I have to ask permission, but I'd prefer it if she asked me before she cut her hair real short, for example). I am torn on this. On one hand, I have very thick hair and hate the fact, especially in Texas heat, that it grows quickly and makes me feel hot as shit. On the other, I am completely terrified of what my head may look like buzzed. I have a quarter-sized birthmark that is just a bald spot on one side, and the back of my head looks like the back side of the moon from surgery. Good news is I mostly work from home now, aside from going to classes; bad news is, it has the potential to still make me look like a recovering cancer patient.

Rave: Took a bunch of empty beer cans, stuck them in holes in trees around my backyard, and am now shooting them for target practice. The fact that I just got my eyes dilated makes it that much more difficult. This is an awesome game.