Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SPEAKER CAB I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALL DAY i keep looking out the window like a little kid on Christmas, I can't concentrate on anything WHERE IS IT UPS

2. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Left work today and the big boss informed me that the money I have been trying to get since August 2008 has been approved by headquarters marine corps. We did it. Got the necessary funding to improve a critical system that resides on USMC helicopters that has not had baseline of accounting in almost a decade. I am pleased, but I need another me. Therefore, I would like my promotion now thank you.

3. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My Grandma's funeral was today. I only lost it twice. Once was in the car, and once was while carrying the casket to her grave site.

Since not everything about funerals can be depressing- I have a cousin that I've known was a lesbian for years. She was in the closet to pretty much everyone including her family. Apparently she is not in the closet any more! She showed up to the funeral with her partner, which my aunt and uncle called their daughter in law. It was awesome seeing the family so accepting, which is something I never have seen from my family.

When grandma was getting up there in age, I thought for sure that this was the way she would go- We come in for Christmas, my cousin comes out and Grandma would die of shock on the spot. And that would be the last time the Frebis family probably ever got together.

Let's go drink some Tequila!

4. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Bought tanning minutes (yes, gay, I know) to get ready for a trip to Florida last Thursday. Apparently the owners then closed the business down on Saturday without letting anyone know, and fucking off with the money. What the fuck?

5. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

SWEET LORD IT FINALLY CAME I LOVE EVERYTHING

THIS AMP SOUNDS LIKE A CANDIED JESUS I WANT TO TAKE IT APART AND RUB IT ALL OVER ME

6. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Heading to Minneapolis this weekend for a Twins game. They're playing Baltimore so I should get to see them win. I'm really looking forward to outdoor baseball, I don't give a shit what the weather does as long as the game doesn't get postponed.

EXTRA RAVE: Drinking in a different city! That's always fun. Plus I'll be hanging out with my chick friend who is incredibly hot. I hope she has friends with similar qualities.

7. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant Is Lady GaGa a hermaphrodite?

Sometimes I'm attracted to it. Sometimes repulsed.

8. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Rave: Bubble wrap. No explanation needed. Don't hate.

9. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Exams are finished, celebrating with a bag of Mrs. Vickie's jalapeno chips, a few gins on the rocks, and watching Top Chef.

I have blood sugar issues, so I can't really do hard alcohol for any extended period. God do I miss gin.

10. WickedBitch

WickedBitch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: No Cinco De Mayo drinking thread? Boo!

11. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No shit.

RAVE: Goose Island Oatmeal Stout. Tasty! It's even better because I BOUGHT IT MYSELF! Hallelujah for finally for being 21!

Rave
    : Leaving town tomorrow to spend the weekend with my girlfriend. She leaves for Europe a week from Saturday so we'll make it a quality weekend.

Rant: M'lady is going to be out of the country for half of this summer. Fuck. I am really going to miss her.

Rant/Rave
    : One paper and two tests before summer starts!

12. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: The aforementioned fictional pseudo holiday that has existed, primarily in the minds of shitty American breweries, for all of about 5 years or so.

Real men (or Wickedbitches) don't need such a pathetic excuse to drink.

13. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT of all TIME: So my baby was due on May 1st. Well, that didn't quite happen. We're still waiting for the baby to come. My wife is going to be induced on the 10th. Instead, I went on a nice long bike ride on Saturday morning. Nothing new. The ride was 45 miles.

What happens next......

I have a fucking HEART ATTACK!!! I'm two weeks away from my 32nd birthday. I'm a week away from having my first kid. How the fuck does this happen. Well, I was stupid and didn't get a physical in the last 3 years. Hell, I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and my blood pressure was a little high, but nothing showing bad signs. I don't eat perfectly, but not to any level that should have caused this. I exercise pretty regularly. Hell, I have been riding 60-70 miles and running about 6-7 miles a week. I could stand to lose a few pounds, but nothing that would lead anybody to think I had any bad problems. How does this happen.

Seems a combination of slightly high blood pressure over time and a day that included over exertion, high heat outside, dehydration and probably the fact that the last couple years have been very stressful, led to the perfect storm where after my ride or very close to the end of it, an artery ruptured and a blood clot formed. Thankfully I called 911 right away as I thought it was heat exhaustion. The ride to the hospital and and EKG showed a weird number. They thought their machine was broken as nobody my age has this problem. Lo and behold, problem it is. I'm rerouted to a different hospital that deals more with heart and 1.5 hours later I've got a stent after they vacuumed the clot out.

RAVE: I'm fucking alive!!! This seems to be similar to how some football players drop after high heat two a day practices. So many people who are young and have ruptures like this don't make it. I'm lucky as fuck.

RAVE 2: I don't have heart disease. I don't have congestive heart failure. I do need to make some changes, but as long as I do so, I'll be off all the meds within 1.5-2 years and will be much better than I was before this. There is no long term damage to my heart as it was caught so soon after it happened.

RAVE 3: It's only been a few days but I am feeling fantastic and have full clearance to be fully involved in all aspects of my daughters birth. Exercise resumes in two-three weeks and I should be doing normal level exercise within two months. I worked today. I'm lucky as fuck.

RAVE 4: People have come out of the woodwork to help us out in this tough time whether it being helping mow my lawn to food to just caring and giving a call. Feels pretty special. I have a lot of good people in my life.

RAVE 5: My wife is a fucking rock! She is the greatest women I have ever known and has been so strong through this being so close to delivering our baby. Every fiber of my being is fully devoted to spending the rest of my life making sure that I am the best possible person to myself, her and our child. I'm the luckiest man alive.

All of you on here. I'm about to be 32 years old and am now a heart attack survivor. I was not very high risk. This shouldn't have happened. I'm lucky. Most people who are young and have problems like this don't end up making it. If you haven't been to the doctor in a while, go. Anything you can do to make sure this doesn't happen to you, do it. This is some real real shit!

14. Obviously5Believer

Obviously5Believer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Studying Roman history is like reading some sort of weird fucked up phonebook where names merge, change, and disappear only to reappear in a completely different section. Fuckkkk.

Rant? Anyone reading this and can tell me why it could be argued that the army was the Empire's salvation but also the bane of its existence? Anybody?

15. Tope

Tope
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: One week to go before this semester is over, then onto summer school courses.

Rave: I've had my eye on this girl all semester, we just started talking last week, went out on a date and hit it off. It's been 3 years, and I am back!

Rant: 8:30 am class. Fuck that course.

16. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Fuck this facebook shit. after all of this privacy bullshit that they have been getting attention for, I deleted all of my info from facebook. But that's just not enough. The levels that facebook has gone to these days are over the top, and its just not worth it anymore.

Facebook account: deleted.

I dare all of you to follow my lead. Need proof or reasons? PM me and I would be happy to share with you some links.

17. Roundhouse

Roundhouse
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Warning, here be British politics.

Rave: I have just returned from casting my vote under beautiful weather.

Rant: I learned that so far just over a hundred people have bothered to vote in our constituency. There's almost 100,000 people living here, bitching about the current state of affairs every day, screaming they want to do something yet feel helpless. Now they have a long awaited chance to voice their want for (I hate to say it after the bandying about of the word over the last year) change and this overwhelming lack of effort to mark an x on a sheet of paper is what they have to show for it.

18. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave for unintentional comedy. I almost choked on my own asshole when I just saw this on facebook:

Original poster bored out of my mind, this is becoming a problem!! lets do something kay thanks :)
    Yesterday at 12:35pm · Comment · LikeUnlike
    Welcome to my lifeeee!
    Yesterday at 12:55pm
    Original poster replying to the reply
    yeahh but u have a baby u gunna be able to play with so its worth ittt :))
    Yesterday at 1:23pm

Teenage girls are the real idiots.

19. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Huge family reunion starts today. It's going to be ridiculous.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: The entirety of my inheritance consists of gold-filled mason jars buried around my back yard.