Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Mother fucking selling my stocks (my savings) before I lose another grand. Holy fuck. If Sack didn't mention something I wouldn't have logged onto E-trade until tomorrow morning. The only silver lining is buying everything back on the cheap. I only lost about $30 on Taseko Mines. SHEET.

2. ElNombre

ElNombre
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: Just voted for the first time in UK General Election. Tonight I've got an election themed drinking game planned - 650 seats up for grabs, a shot of beer for every seat that your designated party wins. It's going to get messy.

3. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

4. slothers

slothers
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave - <a class="postlink" href="http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/web/home/home/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/web/home/home/index.htm</a> - I just found a way to become smarter. Hell yes.

5. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Quarterly bonus time.

Since I knew I was going to "win" the top management bonus since January they asked me what I wanted. I didn't hesitate. Flight lessons.

Hell yeah. Starting next week I'll be learning how to fly over Central MA. I wonder if they'll let me buzz my own house?

6. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant / Rave: Just been 'Rick-rolled' for the first time ever. I know it's one of those pointless and annoying internet fads, but it seems so long ago now, and to get done over this late in the game made me laugh.

7. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: In 6 hours and 22 minutes, it will be my birthday. I'm going out tonight, tomorrow night, and then apparently a bunch of out-of-towners will be here Saturday. It looks like I'm going to have a weekend that will see a large amount of alcohol consumption and regurgitation, and I cordially invite everyone from TiB to attend.

8. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rant: The dentist informed me awhile back that three fillings need to be replaced. I went in for the appointment today, only to be told that they're doing one filling at a time. So! Not only do I get to have my mouth frozen for half the day and ache like a bitch, but I get to do it twice more next week! Woo-hoo!

Rave: At least the weather has turned nice, and I can walk my dogs without all three of us coming home soaked.

9. Gainesvegas

Gainesvegas
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Rave: free Benefactors tickets for the next three rounds of TPC. Free booze, a killer view of the 17th, friends coming in from out of town, etc, etc. Life is good.

10. Virty

Virty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE: Things are getting exciting. New job is looking really good right now, just have to get through the interviews.

RANT: Drug test, thus begins sobriety for a while. Sad times.

11. Aelric

Aelric
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

12. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Really, really sick again. I've been sick since November it seems.
    RAVE: Don't have AIDs.
    RAVE: Making myself chicken soup. My chicken soup is homemade and out of control good. I got people in Texas and Georgia requesting it when they're sick.
    RANT: Why doesn't anyone ever do that shit for me? I need a chick that dotes over me, badly. My ex-wife is the only woman that ever did that shit for me, she'd get a nurse outfit sometimes to take care of me in... In the beginning. She was a bitch though outside the bedroom/kitchen.
    RAVE: Buy one get one on almonds at Publix.
    RANT: One of the cans looks like it's been opened.
    RAVE: I don't care.
    RAVE: I have a 12 pack of Red Stripe, fucked up on meds, can do all my work from my bedroom computer tomorrow and <a class="postlink" href="http://www.movies-links.tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.movies-links.tv</a> is my new favorite movie streaming site so I can watch whatever movie I want.

13. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Guess who owns a new Bass! Yep, I do! Bought myself a Peavey Cirrus 5 string BXP. My first bass with active pick-ups and five strings - mind you, it's also my first bass I've bought. It sounds fucking awesome! I need to raise the action on it though, kind of rattles but no big deal.

Yum.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Went out and had a good time drinking last night.

Rave: Went shooting today and shot up some clay pigeons. Shit was fun as hell. Then I got to practice my draw and fire with my two police officer buddies' belts and side arms.

15. falconjets

falconjets
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: Oh look, in the fridge there is orange juice that I didn't buy. Hmm. Let's open it and drink out of it like we've been doing all semester even though we've paid for 3 containers in the past year.

16. Dyson004

Dyson004
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

MUTHAFUCKIN' RAVE: Finished my last final of my first year of my PhD program approximately 30 minutes ago.

Rave: Undergrad chick is on her way over.

Rave: Life is good.

17. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave- Found a 200 homedepot gift card in my garage tonight, like winning the fucking lottery.
    Hello more tools.

18. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Well kids, I'm god damn drunk. Went on a pre-birthday pub crawl and got free drinks at all but 2/9 places since they know me and I tip well. Birthdays rock.

Rave: See above.

Rant: See you fuckers on Sunday, when the birthday binge is done and we get to add up the body count. Among my UWO friends I am known as the loose cannon of the group, and a friend of mine from Halifax is flying in tomorrow to stay here for a few days. When they meet him, I will be known as the motherfucking pope of the group compared to him. I fucking love this time of year.

19. T W

T W
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I have a feeling they're lucky they got sent home. The only reason to wear such ridiculous pro-American getup on Cinco de Mayo is to be a dick, plain and simple. Being that they're high school dudes, that's not too surprising. Like the Mexican girl in the interview said, "it's just disrespectful. It's a Mexican heritage day, and we wouldn't come out and do that on 4th of July." I agree with that, what fucking imbeciles.

"/Rant"

20. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I might agree with that if the kids involved weren't also MEXICAN themselves, and to tell anyone what to wear on any day is bullshit. The Mexican girl has every right to wear Mexican colors on 4th of July. Just because she chooses not to isn't anyone's fault but her own.

RANT: Fuckwads that don't understand the constitution and the meaning of freedom. This doesn't just refer to the issue above either.