Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. sartirious

sartirious
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Got my copy of A Dance With Dragons last night

...handed to me by George RR Martin.

3. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Rant: They better resolve this shit, like, RIGHT FUCKING NOW. If I have to drive to fucking Hudson [Wisconsin] just to get some fucking beer I'm NOT going to be happy about it.

4. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Dear Terrorists, please stop letting off bombs. I am in Mumbai and really wanted to go out for dinner tonight. Dicks.

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Fuck you comcast for not warning us that most all of our stations were being shut off and went mostly digital. Always nice to wake up and have no channels anymore.

6. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Read in the paper this morning about a missing 8 year old who asked his parents if he could walk home from his camp by himself for the first time. He was seen on a video talking to a guy with a beard. Just saw on the news that the police found the man and asked him where the kid was and he pointed to his fridge. Inside they found pieces of him.

Rant: Can't we just shoot this mother fucker in the head.

7. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: I have been sitting in front of this computer for almost an hour and still can't motivate myself to write this midterm exam. I've taught this class before but can't use any of my old stuff because they changed the book and thus the curriculum. Fuck me.

RAVE: Giving the midterm tomorrow which means I get paid to sit and watch the "kids". There's nothing funnier than watching people take a test/exam...the looks on their faces are absolutely priceless from the ones who studied and smugly breeze through it to those who are probably still drunk from the night before and are kicking themselves in the ass as they muddle through. It's awesome.

8. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Instead of cake this year, my boss got me an 18 pack of Bud Light* and a rack of ribs. That'll work.

* I love Bud Light. You beer snobs can kiss my white trash ass.

9. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: It's just the Miller-Coors pisswater.

Rant:
    My internship will be ending in a week, which is sooner than I had hoped. It has been a week since I last met with the company I'm interviewing at so if I don't get a job offer soon (if at all), well, shit.

Rave: I'm still confident I'll get that job and I managed to turn a paper in two weeks late in my summer class and still get a B+. Smooth sailing so far.

10. ASL

ASL
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant Jesus christ. Why must people blare house music when they live in an apartment complex? The bass is starting to give me a headache. It's like sitting in traffic with some ass hole playing music so loud your mirrors shake, and all you can hear is the thumping of the base.
    I need to upgrade my stereo equipment so I can exact revenge. Or go buy a gun.

11. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: It's only Miller, and I guess driving from St. Paul isn't that bad (live in downtown).

Rave: I live across the street from the Bulldog and they weren't fuckups and renewed their license. Yay for on demand beer.

Rant: Work sucks.

12. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

... So yeah, the hits just keep on coming.

I get home from work today to find that the inside of my house is about 90 friggin' degrees. I get an AC guy out here right before they closed, but the news was not good.

According to the guy off the top of his head, I'm looking at around $1500-$1600. So just this month alone, I'm about to have flushed around $2000 down the fucking toilet.

I'd have a drink, but instead I have to load up The Wife and baby to go stay at my parent's tonight.

God-God. Damnit-Damnit.

13. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Ever since sunday I've been getting killer headaches behind/above my left eye. I had a sinus problem last week but I thought it got all cleared up without going to the dr, I was still congested over the weekend, went out some really stupid shit went on Saturday night and from basically 3am-6am it was non-stop drama/stress.

Woke up Sunday feeling fine until about noon when the headaches started. The one on Sunday only lasted for a couple hours, Monday it hit me about noon again and lasted all day/night (it'd subside for a little bit but then come back). Went to the DR after work on Monday and he gave me a scrip for some antibiotics thinking it was related to the sinus thing. (He didn't think it was a migraine) Tuesday woke up feeling pretty good, I could still kind of feel it, but at 10 it came back and almost made me puke, so I went home and laid under my blankets till about 2 and after that I was fine. Today is basically the same as Monday. I'm tired of this shit.

14. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Afternoon sexy time.

Rave: Strapped my girls new shoes on finally...see auto thread.

15. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Patched things up with my roommate. After a few weeks of ignoring each other, we basically said at the same time, "We're being fucking stupid. Let's just drop it." And just like that, we're good. We probably aren't going to be best buds, but things are doing pretty damn good right now.

16. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant So the mood in my house went to shit yesterday, my wife who is/was 7.5 weeks pregnant scheduled a trip to the gyno to see the heartbeat for the first time and after the doc stuck the wand up her hooha said doc gets very unsettling look on face and says, I'm sorry there is no heartbeat, you are not going go to term with this pregnancy. So now my wife is walking around with a dead something in her waiting for it to come out. I am really that upset about the pregnancy but do not like to see my wife so sad.

Raveshe has a lot of family and support around her to go through grieving process

biggest rave there are bluefin tuna within 80 miles of Point Conception and I am fishing next week for 3 days.

17. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: July 13th. Buckets of rain for the last two days.

Rant: Could have just said 'Oregon.'

Rant: Haven't had one opportunity to wear a swimsuit this whole summer.

18. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave- This Harry Potter bullshit is almost over!

19. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Tomorrow is going to suck more dick than an 18 year old actress new to L.A

Rave: Out of this town...at least for a while. I applied for a gubmint job in this very town and it would actually be a really good one for me as I am all sorts of qualified. Odds are about 15:1 that I even get a callback though. It is for the BIA and is Indian preference.

Rant: Moving back to western Kansas which is so ugly and boring it makes my soul hurt.

20. ASL

ASL
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant Inexplicable craving to smoke. Not so good.