Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Vacation over.

Rave: Don't have to go back to work until Sunday.

Rant: Lots of fried food over the vacation, which means I couldn't eat much. This also resulted in endless taunts from my (fatter) dad and brothers. My dad brought a deep fryer, which he bought specifically for this vacation, and which he never intends to use again. What the fuck?

Rave: Discipline means I came home and weighed in one pound lighter than when I left, and at the end of the trip my older brother finally admitted that he was just pissed that he didn't "have my will power" when it came to food. Plus, the cabin was awesome, and I was able to relax and get some reading done. Not a huge fan of the shopping that we did (as I could care less about shopping in a bunch of tourist-trap bullshit stores that sell knock off purses, fake diamonds, and stupid souvenir crap), but otherwise it was a lot of fun down there.

2. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I would really like to complete my back squats sans interruption.

3. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Rant: I don't know why it bothers me so much, since it doesn't affect me in the least, but every time I see someone squat with the manpon (the pad) I have a bout of apoplexy. Quit being wusses.

Rave:IPL (IGN Pro League) Season 2 under way! I really should have posted in the Am I a Geek thread. Anyone else keep up with the StarCraft 2 pro scene? It will be interesting to see if Idra will be able to repeat. Honestly, if he had kept his play style the way it was, with heavy macro and straight mass roach no matter what the opponent did, I would say no, but he really has improved in dealing with "cheese" and varying his play style, although he is still the king of macro. Still want to see a rage quit though. So far after Day 1 Vibe looked the best overall, with Day 2 being casted right now. Looking forward to Socke vs. Destiny. Also, this presentation for Season 2 is kind of weird, with the steampunk look and the weird character drawings. I liked the comic book style of the player intros for season 1 much better.

4. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Absolutely nothing to do at work today, since all the maintenance is done for the week. Sit around, do pull-ups, avoid master sergeant so we don't have to do the Marine Corps version of a Soviet Marxist-Leninist conversation. Boooooring.

? Pallbearer for a funeral tomorrow. Taps, rifle salute, whole nine yards. Not sure how it's going to be. Apparently we do these all the time.

5. BrianH

BrianH
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm on the beach, drinking beer, surrounded by beautiful women, loving life. But this IS my life, some portion of the time, and why would I have anything to rant about. Sure, sometimes I get shot at, some sometimes I have to shoot back, but the rest of the time (and even those times) is pretty fucking awesome. My life kicks ass.

I guess my only rant is that Hooker hasn't posted a new pick of her tits. Or a pick of her vag. Or something. And I'm way drunk, but not drunk enough to realize that pinkcup (that's her name, right?) will never post her tits, but boy do I want to see them. I think I want to see every girl's tits, though. Just a part of being a man, or whatever.

B out.

6. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Many, many beers into an early night from work, playing video games and surfing the net in my underwear, and I get the call. My sister's been killed by some fuck who didn't bother with a stop sign.

I'm out. If I don't come back it's because I've killed the worthless fuck and I'll be spending the rest of my life in prison.

It's been real, TiB. Thanks for all the good times.

7. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Took one of my daughters to Bob's Steak & Chop House for dinner last night. 14-day dry-aged, 18 oz. bone-in Kansas City strip. The aroma from and look of my plate could have converted the most ardent of vegans.

Rant: Again, the weather. We've already exceeded our annual average of 16 100+ degree days, and there's no relief in sight. Texas summers suck, but not as bad as New England winters. I don't have to shovel heat (but I do have to mow in it).

Rave: House to myself, at least until this evening.

8. thabucmaster

thabucmaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just got back from the vet for Tyrone's yearly checkup. Clean bill of health, and no ticks! He even lost a few pounds!

Rant: Vet bill. $225. Ouch.

9. Pink Candy

Pink Candy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Remember how I posted last week about how happy I was? Let's call that Pride Goeth Before the Fall.
    Spoiler'd because it's going to sound emo and retardedly depressing.
    Facebook is the fucking devil.
    I find out ex-Mr. Pink is dating a mutual friend, which is all fine and good until I see all over his page/her page that they're off doing things I had begged him to do. Like what? Oh, hiking, LEAVING THE FUCKING HOUSE, not spending every single waking moment in front of the idiot box...and I lost it. In a most impulsive move, I asked him if he now understood what I had been talking about when it came to making an effort in a relationship. He responded that yes, now he understood what I meant. In the middle of the courthouse parking lot, I had a full on screaming, crying and god knows what else breakdown. This was Monday. I have had crying fits every single day since then. And, of course, because I'm incredibly self destructive, I start with the mind torture: "was I not a good enough wife? Did I not do enough? Why can he make the effort for her but not me? You deserve everything that's happening right now." I'm sure it's all because the relationship is new and in about six months when the fun wears off it'll be back to business, but it's just a most awful feeling to have right now. I'm going to tell my therapist on Monday "Forget about the parents for a while, because we've got a whole new set of issues." God, I just re-read what I typed and I feel so goddamn pathetic.

Oh, and to be immature (or so I don't keep torturing myself) I blocked them both on FB. Did I mention I'm going to be 32 years old in 9 days? Maturity, I haz it.

10. wilder111

wilder111
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave last year I decided to take up the game of golf, just because it was an activity that got me out of the house, and hanging out with some of my friends. I started with a frankenstein-ed set of clubs, some of which were my dead grandmother's, and have slowly bought, and acquired a new(er)set of drivers, irons, and a new bag. Thursday I decided to really make them mine and went and had them all re-gripped. plus I finally dropped my ego and signed up for some lessons this weekend.

Rant that would all be awesome, if I hadn't neglected to pick up my clubs yesterday, and realized today that the shop closes at noon. Awesome.

Rant if Ricky Fowler wins the open, I think I'm gonna have to light my bag on fire and dump it in the river. that clown-looking emo-douche, sucks. Hard.

11. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rant: I just fell down the stairs. I have a super steep/narrow set of stairs to the basement (think "going below deck in a ship" stairs) and as I started to walk down my big dog HAD to try and run down past me. Why do dogs ALWAYS do that? Why can't they go first or last?

Anyway, he caught me mid-step and down I went, square on my tailbone, catching a bit on my elbow. It hurts like hell right now...I can only imagine what it will be like in two days.

Remember when falling down the stairs was simply funny and/or embarrassing, and didn't mean that you would be physically crippled afterward? Age sucks.

12. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Living with my dad is going to suck.

If I'm paying half the rent and utilities I want to be treated like a roommate instead of a 12 year old kid.

Rave:

Not homeless.

13. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Rave: Thsi place is still here?!

Rave: I'm about month into my second South American backpacking trip. I really, really like this continent.

Rave: Colombian women. For a variety of reasons really, but especially their willingness to teach me salsa. Or try to teach me salsa. I am a genuinely terrible dancer. Also especially the fact that they're super hot.

14. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Top wisdom teeth are coming in, which means nothing to me except

RANT: I don't think there's room in my mouth for them.

15. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: good beer, steak, appletinis.
    Rant: fucking idiot women who genuinely believe that squatting 75# is heavy.

16. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: The girl turned into the girlfriend yesterday. I'm pretty happy right now because she's definitely worth it.

RAVE: Everything is doing well after the surgery the other week, and I'm pooping regular again so that's good.

RANT: Was fooling around with the girlfriend on Friday night and we got carried away. We started having sex and I felt a pulling on one of my incisions. I honestly thought one of them opened up but it just turns out the tape holding the incision closed came off. We had to stop sadly.

RAVE: She finished me off with her mouth. I think I'm in love with this girl.

17. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: It's fucking hot. Suddenly Denver is humid. I feel like I am in Texas again.

Rant: The ex is making life difficult.

Rant: Mr. P and I have been going through a rough patch.

Rave: We are doing better. I love him, so I am going to keep making it work.

18. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: some days I honestly believe that a large percentage of my country's population is cognitively impaired in some way. Western Australia decriminalized marijuana a few years back, but as of August 1 personal possession of up to 30g (less than an oz) can now be punished by 2 years in jail and a $2000 fine. According to our Department of Corrections, it costs $99,707.50/a to house an adult prisoner (3x more for a juvenile!). So, assuming that the maximum penalty is applied, and 100% of the fine is levied against the costs of incarceration, each offense will cost the State $197,414.10.

Now, let's factor in that our prisons are horribly overcrowded. I'm again quoting the Dept. of Corrective Fucking Services (and considering recidivism rates, that strikes me as an incredibly generous name):
    So, let's spend a stack of money we don't have, placing pressure on an already overcrowded prison system, to jail people that have committed the devastating crime of... smoking a plant which relaxes them. Let's lock them up with violent offenders and imbue them with a grudge against society. Let's teach our kids that the Government has every right to regulate what you do in your own home. What really shits me, though, is that every time a kid commits a jail-able offense, i.e. smokes a joint, without getting arrested, he's going to learn that 99% of the time when you break the law, you won't get caught. Pot's a gateway drug? Fuck that, not getting arrested when you break the law multiple times a day is a gateway to believing that the legal system is laughable.

What the fuck, Western Australia?

19. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave: drunnnnnk.

Rant: waking up in 4 hours. Cue trombone.

20. Chellie

Chellie
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I think my transmission is shot.

Rave: Warranty!

Rant: The damn Jeep was just at the dealership for a new power steering pump.

Rant: I've only owned the goddamn thing for 8 months, this is getting tiring.

I had damn well better get a courtesy car.