Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

2. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apparently I'm on hugging terms with a Senior VP (of the opposite sex) here at work. I'm still evaluating if this is a rant or rave.

3. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Good news! (Not great, just good), I talked to the guys who are crunching my numbers for my winging. There's a ton of different gears and numbers and all sorts of stuff to be input into the system. This is good because they told me that they are doing whatever they can to get my situation sorted out. They even called up to the programmers of the grading system to see what kind of glitches and whatnot they have heard. They are optimistic at this time and are 100% on my side.

4. Chellie

Chellie
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: If I have to hear this 'Rolling in the Deep' song one more time I will freak the fuck out. It's getting so bad I have to turn my radio at work off every 5 minutes to avoid it.

Rave: String cheese!

5. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm bored and certified.

6. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Tonka is home from the vet, he was neutered this morning. He only weighs 90 pounds, my scale at home must lose it's shit when I weigh he and I together because it was registering over 100 for him. He's doing fine, other than being really, really groggy. Trying to get him to lay down and go to sleep.

RANT: He's panting like a motherfucker because it is hot as the pits of hell here. 95 degrees plus about 75% humidity. Ever wanted to know how it felt to be a sweaty ball sack? 95 degrees and 75% humidity. That's how.

RANT: Fucking Uncharted (the first one) and the goddamn room of zombies. I've died at least 15 times today. That's after I was already frustrated from dying about 30 times last night and turning it off. Damn you TiB and you recommended this game! (Just kidding, the game is actually totally amazing. Can't wait to finish this one and start Uncharted 2.)

7. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You fucks ranting about your girlfriend not getting a period are ridiculous.

Rant: I'm on vacation currently and my girlfriend is on her period. The only thing I want to do is drink, eat, fuck, swim in the ocean, float around a lazy river and fuck my girlfriend. But the only thing I can do is drink, eat, fuck, swim in the ocean and float around a lazy river.

Rave: This vacation is exactly what I have needed. You think I'm a dick on this board, you should see how my real life has been. Work only has two speeds. 80 hours per week and no work at all. I still get paid. But do you know what it is like sitting in a cubicle and being forced to sit there when there is nothing to do?

I have almost 0 stress right now. I have read three books in three days. I have ate like a King. I have done this while sleeping 10 hours a day and being drunk by noon. I can't wait to hit the lottery and do this for the rest of my life.

8. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Surgery went well. I'm already home. And thank fuck I didn't need a catheter.

RANT: My abdomen feels worse then the time I got kicked in the belly a couple of times by some guy wearing cowboy boots in a bar fight. Atleast with that asshole I was able to get back up and kick the shit out of him. I'm in so much pain it hurts to fart.

9. mrburgundy

mrburgundy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

RAVE- Ran for 10.66 miles last night, by far the longest distance I've ever done. I've lost 62 pounds since October, but last night served as an awesome moment of awareness that I'm actually getting into pretty decent shape. I still have about 20 pounds to go, but goddamn that was a fulfilling experience.

Disgusting rant-
    Since I'm new to this long distance running, some of the more unpleasant results of extending jogging have taken their toll. Last night, after about 4 miles, my chest started to sting from chafing. I looked down at my white t-shirt to see two large circles of blood, perfectly outlining my nipples. I started to notice people staring in disgust at my shirt, so I took it off. Instead of blood, they could then enjoy my hairy, chubby body!

Rave- Decided that I'm going to take the money I'm not spending in this terrible, boring summer and put it toward an awesome gift for myself. I'm going to buy an iPad, since I don't have a Kindle and my laptop has now fried twice. I hope that if I just leave the laptop in my dorm and use the iPad for notetaking and portability, I can increase the lifespan of the computer.

10. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Damn you Netflix, damn you for raising prices to a level that is still well below fair market value, DAMN YOU!

11. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rant: Family drama. Long story short one sister is being an idiot and taking advantage of my parents, my other sister got tired of lying for her and presented mom with a nice dose of the truth. I was pretty close to stepping in myself and kind of feel bad that my little sister is catching all the fallout for doing the right thing. Don't get me wrong, my sisters can do whatever the hell they want and mom and dad don't need to know about any of it but when my parents are helping her legally and financially they need to know the whole story. Hopefully this is a nice lesson in consequences for my sister but somehow I doubt it. It sucks that my 21 year old sister has such bad judgement. It sucks worse that my niece gets caught in the middle of the bullshit.

Rave: In my little corner of the world things are swell. I can't complain other than...

Rant: The heat. I've already had enough of summer and it's only going to get worse. I don't know whose idea it was to be 7 months pregnant in July, but I'm starting to think it wasn't the best idea.

12. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant I'm getting ready to go back to school in the fall. Because of this I've applied for student loans and just got my award, or so it says. It can't be the full award because it doesn't even cover tuition. My estimated cost of attendance at this school is somewhere around 29,000, the award I was given is seriously 12,000. This is insane, I have no idea why I was awarded so little. I'm going to call the financial aid office tomorrow to see what happened because this can't be right. If I don't get enough from these student loans my alternatives are private loans or working full time. I'm still shocked at the whole situation. I may end up having to pan handle because I am literally going to be that desperate for money.

13. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT/RAVE: Crazy storm last night. 60 MPH winds that left 19000 without power, and many of those will be so for up to a week. Thankfully I'm not one of them.

There were a lot of massive tree branches taken down in my area, though thankfully the trees lining my parking lot held. I went outside to smoke once I though things had calmed down...nope. Lightning everywhere, multiple strikes per few seconds, a few close enough to have a camera flash effect, and the resulting thunder literally made me jump back and hurt my ears. This of course AFTER the wind gusts that were actually stopping me from standing still. I was pushed around....by fucking wind.

Do not fuck with nature, because she is a vicious and authoritative bitch.

14. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/rave? I host a weekly poker game which turns into a drunken clusterfuck 100% of the time. Last night was no exception, everyone got blitzed and I am the only sucker that had work scheduled today. (Here, a large number of people are fly-in fly-out workers, so they tend to work one or two weeks up at the mines, then have a full week off afterwards). They all decided to have an epic mushroom binge, which I would have sacrificed at least one finger on each hand to join. Normally I would have been the one to suggest it and use up some of my many weeks of accrued sick leave, but there's a catch; my boss is awesome. He's the sort of guy who schedules a meeting for 3pm on a Friday afternoon, and when I arrive I find 2 glasses and a bottle of Macallan 30 yr old waiting for me. He is currently on vacation on a tropical island, and so I am all that remains of our department. I have absolutely nothing to do that couldn't wait a day, but occasionally things go to shit at the last minute and someone needs to manage the fall out. I would have felt... disloyal if I'd called in sick when he was expecting me to manage things, so here I am. *edit to add: the worst part about this is that I gave them my goddamn mushrooms. Fuckers.

Rant/rave? My housemate is awesome and considerate, and is always quick to keep the noise down once I sleep. However, his guests last night were retarded and loud, and while I normally would have told them to shut the fuck up, I didn't want to ruin their trip, so I got fuckall sleep. I saw housemate this morning and assured him that I heard nothing - no need to make him feel bad for something that he tried his best to prevent, but it is emotionally unsatisfying. Especially when one of the fuckwits blocked my car in, and I couldn't wake him to consciousness this morning when I needed to go work. However, he did say "No Mummy I don't want to go to the Coke tree", so there is that.

Rave? One of the guys over is a huge politics nerd, so they spent their trip debating things like the Chinese occupation of Tibet / Taiwan. This is a rave because I didn't have to listen to it, as my preference would have been the spa and The Doors discography on repeat.

Rant/rave? My responsible, quiet evening still resulted in me drinking a bottle of rum and then starting on the bourbon. I am, bar none, the most hangover resistant person I know, through a combination of genetics, alcoholism, and spending the last part of the night drinking water / eating bread. Didn't save me this morning, and I feel decidedly average. On the upside, no-one else is in the office and I have the Shadow trilogy by Brent Weeks on my kindle, so life is comparatively kind. One day I am going to learn how to write a post of less than a page.

15. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I was totally being a girl and snooped a bit earlierand read something I shouldn't have, but's a GOOD thing. Damnit, I have to be surprised....

Rave: It was after attacking my man in a dark bedroom as a thunderstorm rolled in and unleashed hell. The bedroom got soaked (from the RAIN, perverts), but it was well worth it.

16. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today's one of those days where I'm not sure what really happened but I still feel like I've been hit by a truck...
    Rave: great classes today. Hard work all around.
    Rant: fuck me can we get some relief from this heat!?

17. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Not digging this work thing.
    RAVE: I have work.
    RAVE: Just turned 21.
    RANT: Can't fall asleep.

18. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Lasersailor's posts in the Crime & Punishment thread. I can't think of an eloquent way of putting this so here it goes: after reading the New Yorker article on Willingham I want to stab that douchecunt mother fucker in his face. I hope you get wrongfully convicted for raping your mother and fry for it you little bitch.

I should probably just treat this troll like the Westboro Baptist Church and ignore it but that cocksucker makes my blood boil. Sorry in advance for whatever forum rules this violates.

19. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave: Laying in bed and can hear the waves crashing. It's so calming. I'm having
    an amazing time!

Rave: Boyfriend and I plan to be engaged soon! I don't care how/where he proposes...I just want to be surprised.

20. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:
    Power went out at work yesterday afternoon, so a bunch of us went to the bar and drank from 4 until 11.

Rant:
    Girlfriend got all pissed that I didn't come home for some reason, despite the fact that I told her at 5:30 that I would be getting dinner and having some drinks and would call her when I was on my way later. Apparently, to her, this meant "I'll be home before 8." She was wrong.

She then expected me to apologize (for what, I'm not sure). My response was--shall we say--less than happy, and I basically told her to eat shit. Naturally, this lead to many angry texts, which I gleefully ignored as I stared into the bottom of multiple empty glasses of Makers.

She's still pissed this morning, and if I get home tonight and she still hasn't let it drop, I'm calling up my buddy and going to the bar.