Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I've been "invited" to have a "little chat" with the government next week. By "invited", I mean compelled by statutory notice. And by "little chat", I mean subject to an examination under oath.

I can't refuse to go. I can't refuse to answer questions because there is no right to silence and I'm compelled by law to give reasonable assistance. I can't even refuse to answer on the grounds I may incriminate myself, because the act specifically states I can't.

These guys have more power than the police. And all they have to do to dig up evidence is find you, you've got to tell them the rest.

2. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: There's nothing like dealing with a hormonal, sleep-deprived, pregnant girlfriend. She may as well be labeled "Estrogen-fueled Nitroglycerine".

3. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Well, I'm single now. What a shitty few weeks this has been/will be.

Rant: I had plans with her for the weekend and thus booked it all off work, and now have no plans.

Rave: Bender.

?: Someone dispatch some rebound girls to my apartment...NOW.

4. BadBrains

BadBrains
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Am I the only one who fucking despises Keurig coffee makers? Everyone raves about these things, yet I know have one at both home and office and I find it nothing but a hassle on many levels.

- I'm constantly putting water in it, because the asshole who used it last thought it easier to pretend they didn't see the flashing lights indicating "add water" (this applies to you too, Wife).
    - Even worse than above is the asshole who only adds enough water FOR HIS FUCKING COFFEE. I've seen my fellow office workers do this.
    - After I've added water, I open the brewer only to find some lazy asshole left his fucking k-cup in there for someone else to toss out.
    - I have a long commute. I drink coffee. Now, because my wife bought this $120.00 dispenser of aggravation, I have to spend 15 minutes brewing coffee one cup at a time to fill my travel mug. Unacceptable.

I must be getting old. Even making coffee pisses me off now.

5. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave: I'm being dragged to the last one by my girlfriend. They're not that bad, but I could think of something I'd rather see.

Rave: At least I'll get a fantastic blowjob out of the deal.

Rant: Turns out that the Miller/Coors thing here in Minny wasn't the fault of the beer company, but rather the state. Why? Because Miller/Coors OVERPAID for their license in mid-June. Rather than issuing a refund, they refused the entire payment and said it wasn't completed.

6. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Asked an idiot customer if she was illiterate yeterday. She did not seem to know what it meant. (She was trying to return an electronic well past our 60 day policy and was claiming that no one "told" her, despite the back of the receipt and a poster on our counter carefully explaining our fucking return policy.)

Rave: Colorado has been absolutely stunning, huge thunderheads rolling through every evening, creating wild sunsets.

Rant: We have three cameras that all died within a week of each other for no discernable reason.

7. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Productive day! I may be occasionally drowning in work because my manager is a moron, but I got plenty done today and don't have to come to work at 5:30 tomorrow. That shit gets old fast.

8. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT/RAVE: Went to the street fair for lunch and had a bunch of deep fried food.

RANT: Not all the parts came in for the lift kit, the company is getting them sent out and should be here Wednesday.

RANT: I don't think there will be time to get the kit installed before Car Craft next weekend.

9. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I'm not the type of person that enjoys the misfortune of others, but I watched a guy walking across the street wearing some Sketchers Shape-up shoes slip and eat pavement as he was looking down at the shoes. It was hilarious. That's what you get for wearing shoes that rival Crocs in pure stupidity.

10. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: I finally got the newest Toadies album, Feeler! And it kicks ass!
    It's technically not "new," because it was originally recorded 1998, but Interscope records shelved it, so the Toadies came up with some new material that became Hell Below, Stars Above, another kickass album which was released in 2001.
    For this one, they re-recorded all of the songs, presumably because their original bassist, Lisa Umbarger, is no longer with the band.

Here's a sample of what is in store for you:

#10590 dixiebandit69, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  11. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Things aren't going so well in Poo Town right now. What do you folks recommend besides Exlax? I'm sure on or two of you have some all natural herbal remedy.

12. PeruvianSoup

PeruvianSoup
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: An incredibly whiny rant, spoilered just so I can bitch relentlessly.
    Sensing that my imminent departure would send them hurtling back into the stone age, my English-illiterate side of the family enlisted me to modernize them by "upgrading and fixing the Internet and their computers (read: plural)". Being the oldest and most experienced, let's just say I did just that. TWC was appropriately bitched at. The computers were wiped clean of junk and made secure as well as idiot-proof, as befitting their inability to process both technology and English. Hell, I even altered their host files so they would less likely catch malware while I was away doing my thang. I also loaded them up with $1000+ of the software (Office 2010, Photoshop) so they wouldn't go fucking broke. Doing this in addition to more shit takes time.

You know what? Not one word of thanks was given for the time and effort. As soon as QQ (China's answer to Skype/IM), one of my aunts flat out ignored me to talk to her friend.

Rave: I lied. Kind of. MiddleCousin has grown up and matured a lot. He was really grateful and respectful that I took a large chunk out of my day so that he wouldn't have to as a novice. I bought him a 360 hard drive so he could play Black Ops as a reward for having respect. There's probably a lesson in there somewhere.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Was feeling particularly energetic today, nothing got accomplished.

14. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/rave: my whore friends got excited and hit the mushrooms again last night, and again I couldn't join due to work commitments today. Consequently, they didn't sleep and are out of action now, at the beginning of my Friday night. I've been waiting to have these fucking things since last Friday, so I'm going to push ahead solo. Expect some very strange posts over the next few hours, until the rest of my friends finish their various engagements and drop round.

15. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just saw the last Harry Potter film. Rather poignant, considering I started the books when I was 11.

Rant: Overheard a bunch of girls saying, "It's like the seventh book all over again, now we have nothing to read AND nothing to see!" I think Harry Potter is great, but I'm not sure I could live in a world where it was only Harry Potter books/movies. People are weird.

16. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Going to Seattle for 3 days next month. It's been too long since I have been there and I can't wait. Love that city.

17. Chellie

Chellie
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Finally picked up Song of Ice and Fire series because all you Idiots were raving about it, enjoying it hugely.

Rant: Haven't got enough time to really sit down and read, I've had the books for 4 days and I'm only 175 pages through Game of Thrones.

18. Croftie

Croftie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: This is totally a #firstworldproblem, buuut I had 3 friends send out emails this morning about their birthday parties they want people to come to, all of which are tonight. These are all just bar-crawl type things, but still kinda frustrating to have to figure out how I'm going to hit up all these things or how to piss off the least amount of people.

19. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Ten miles this morning, followed by working my chest and lats (and everything in between..). It feels good to be strong again.

Rant: My car window started failing a couple weeks ago, the clip was broken. One of Mr.P's buddies tried to fix it the day before yesterday( whilst drinking a few beers) and shattered it. It has been pouring rain every afternoon for two weeks...

Rave: He's paying to get me a new window right now. Hooray accountability! I think he may have been mildly terrified my wrath as well.

20. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Fuck you amazon! You sent me a book I've been waiting six years to read the weekend I've got a paper to write about another book I haven't finished yet. Why couldn't you have waited until next Tuesday like your original shipping estimate said you would? Goddammit.