Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: God Dammit. I really didn't want to spend $30 on worthless crap today.

2. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Happy ginger appreciation day! You guys get to be like I am all year round, drunk and trying to fuck the soulless!

Attached Files:

3. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Asian girl mindfucking the shit out of me. Probably a sign I am not ready for a relationship. Will be hard to try and go back to casually banging anything that will let me. Ah, decisions.

4. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: The 2 reasons why I know car audio install will never be a viable career choice for me: 1) my hands are too big for the tiny spaces under the dash. 2) I just installed the stereo upside down

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: We don't have Coke, is Pepsi okay? Hell, no it's not okay, you moron. Who still thinks these are the same? If you like Pepsi better, then, whatever. But, don't act like it's a substitute. We don't have steak, is spam okay?

Rave: Ha ha ha ha. Oooh, BURN, Pepsi. Ha.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112372/diet-coke-wins-battle-in-cola-wars

Hahahahahahahahaha! How's that working out for you?!!?!?!

6. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Atlas Shrugged Part 1 comes out next month. They were smart enough to immediately make it a multiple part movie, too.

Rave: Contrary to rumors I had heard a year or two ago, no Angelina Jolie! No real big names at all, actually.

Rant: It's opening on less screens than IHTSBIH did, and there seems to be no major ads for it. Hope that's all it has in common with IHTSBIH.

Rant: If I hadn't stumbled across a random banner for it on another forum, I wouldn't have even known.

Trailer for those who haven't seen it:

#8746 $100T2, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  7. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Instructor (this bitch doesn't deserve the title 'Professor') took 10% off of my grade for a small paper because I made it "too long," and it should have been much shorter. It was a two page assignment DOUBLE SPACED, and mine was just under three pages. I received this grade after she complained to the class about having so many papers to grade and hated doing it. Had no time to dispute it so I have to wait until her office hours to tell her to shove the paper up her cunt.

8. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Pregnancy Related Raves:
    Rave: Had an appointment on Monday. We got to hear the heartbeat! Makes this seem a little more real.

Rave: My next appointment isn't until May 2nd, which means that we don't have to make the hour+ drive up to the doctor for seven weeks.

Rave: The reason we don't have an appointment next month is so we don't have one in four weeks and then another in three to find out the gender. So our next appointment we get to find out what we're having!
    Rant: Took my piercing out yesterday. I knew I was going to have to but it still makes me sad.

9. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Stuck at work while everyone is out green beer drinking it up.

RAVE: Boss left early so beers at work. They just seem to taste better.

10. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Call me gay, but I just spent thirty minutes enjoying barely-tolerable hot water in the shower. I'm notably less tense now.

RANT: I'm getting really tired of companies trying to demand how I pay my bills. When I send a payment online, and it is specified by YOU as the one-time option, that does not mean I'm fine with you automatically debiting it the next month. I almost overdrafted tonight because my asshole power company decided that instead of taking the final 1/4 of my payment tomorrow and me paying the $5 late fee, they could just debit it out of my account without any authorization from me whatsoever.

RAVE: Steak hoagies. Eat it.

11. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I've been awake 36 hours and don't feel tired at all. Wtf is happening? I have not drank alcohol or done drugs in the past week.
    Rave: things seem to be going well with the girl sleeping next to me right now

12. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: I have my first cardiologist appointment in 3 years and I'm a little worried how it's going to go.

RANT: I hate taking support calls. This week needs to end.

RAVE: I'm getting my motorcycle fender painted this weekend.

13. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Droid does... NOT work underwater or after being dropped in a stream. Put it in a bag of rice, then a bag of salt, and all the moisture is out of it but the screen won't light.

Rave/Rant:
    The double edge sword of not having a cell phone. On the plus side it's nice being in a cone of silence. The negative is that I can hear my text & email alerts going off but can't fucking check them. Off to Verizon to get a new one.

14. whatisinaname

whatisinaname
    Expand Collapse
    Hoping to be even a fraction of the man Jim is.

RAVE I had a conversation with a certain Mod last evening where I told him that the Stuttgart factory won't install the M&M exhaust system on the Turbo like I was originally promised. While this is not a big deal to most, I do like a nice sound to my cars. I told the Mod about an alternative car and after his rage subsided, I now have a new moniker.

BEST RAVE I so fucking love this place. No quarter is given; nor should be expected.

SERIOUS RAVE People, never step on this Mod's lawn. I'm not even kidding. Don't do it.

15. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Hell yes! My work doesn't block cbssports.com, so I can now watch the Texas game!

Rave: Austin this weekend for a wedding; I am going to get hammered.

16. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Stayed in on St. Paddy's Day for the first time ever. I feel like a loser.

RAVE: I can honestly say I watched 13 hours of college basketball yesterday, nonstop.

RAVE: The reason I stayed in last night? Leaving for the Collegiate Peaks Wilderness right after this post for three days and two nights of climbing. Target is two mountains that are rarely attempted in winter. See you suckers Sunday night (I hope).

17. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like a douche posting twice in one day but this is incredible...

Rant: Verizon doesn't have any Droid 2's available so after inspecting my phone (no water damage! yay) their diagnosis was that the screen is dead. Ok great.

Not so much. The plan is to send me a new screen and have ME replace it. I'm thinking a few tiny screws, and some snap tabs and I'll be done. Not so much.

This is a video of the steps for replacing a screen... holy shit I'll never get this fucking thing reassembled.

#8757 Guy Fawkes, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm sure it'll be fine.

[​IMG]

19. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I just signed my 1 year apartment lease last month alone.
    Rant: I just found out 2 hours ago I was being laid off. Fuck.

Anyone have a job lead in the DFW area?

20. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: One of our clients at work are big Autodesk users. I have to create 3 network deployment images, setup a license server, upgrade all the engineering stations to the new software, and upgrade the SQL database. I started at 9 AM and it's now 12:30. I'm going to be here for the rest of the day.

Rave: I'm actually doing stuff I never would have thought I'd have done not even a year ago. Goddamn, I'm awesome.