Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: First day back at work after 4 days off.

Rave: Free steak dinner courtesy of some SVP tonight.

2. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

????: This guy sitting in front of me has a case for his banana. I'm not talking about a jockstrap or anything here, but an actual yellow plastic case shaped like a banana with a real banana inside. My mind is blown.

SGEDIT:
    [​IMG]
    Yup.

3. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Just got a call that a friend died last night, and it's not the guy I posted about a couple of weeks ago who was shot by his ex. The friend who called was at a bar with him last night, said he was pretty depressed, bitching about his wife, marriage, and was hitting the booze much harder than usual. Apparently, he got home, wife saw he was drunk, says he passed out on the kitchen floor, she went to bed, and then found him the next morning in the same spot. 30 years old, in good physical health. wtf?

4. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Both: Torrential rains and.....THUNDER! My shephard is going apeshit right about now. She ought to be nice and riled up in the 45 minutes it takes me to get home.

5. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: March Madness is in our midst. Chirpy gets her honorary penis this time of year!

6. villagebicycle

villagebicycle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: It's Tuesday, and I'm at 70 hours for this pay period (averaging 10 hr workdays, plus an hour commute and my hour lunch, then the 2 hours of gym on 3 of those days and sleep....being grown up sort of sucks)

Rave: Might hit the "century club" if I bust out a few more 10+ hour days.

Rant: the above rave should probably be a rant

Rave: That overtime will cover my rent for the month.

Super Rant: Got my first cunting wisdom tooth pulled today, and still put in 5.5 hours after my appointment like a champ. Forgot my pain killer prescription at work, but I doubt I would have taken it. It's such an uncomfortable feeling, but at least this fucker was mostly grown out so they just yanked it rather than cutting open the gum and whatnot. I have 2 left which brings me to...

Rave: Coworker told me having only 3 wisdom teeth places me at the top of the evolutionary chain because my genes are slowly but surely phasing out the third molars. She might have made that all up, though.

7. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My instructor cancelled my flight today because some Coastie did something bad enough that the Commodore was briefed on it.

Rave: I'll do the flight tomorrow, no big deal.

Rave: I started a new workout routine as said in the workout thread, and I'm pumped for it. Can't wait to get back into awesome shape.

Rave: Starting to plan a Cross Country flight with my roommate next weekend. Gotta find an instructor who wants to go somewhere awesome and then plan it out to the T.

8. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I'm glad I decided to be responsible and check my bank balance. Looks like I get to bitch out my internet provider for double billing me. On a lark, I decided to check my points balance on my checking because my bank was phasing them out. Whoops, doesn't look like you have points anymore, even though we sent you a letter explaining how they would never expire.

Fuck Chase. And fuck Frontier Communications.

9. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave?: Just went to watch a movie and noticed that I have a few other new movies downloaded as well. Specifically Godzilla v Mechagodzilla, and Godzilla v Destroyah. I vaguely remember downloading these while smoking and watching CNN a few nights ago, win for me I guess.

10. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Gastro. And I can't take time off work.

11. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Xanax'd out and my wonderful labradoodle is passed out hogging up my bed. Life is good.

Also, why did it take me so long to realize that Disgustipated was a super obvious tool reference? You, sir, are the man.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- I should be raving right now since Im heading to Hong Kong for the weekend. But travel arrangements were once again last moment, though not as last moment as last time. First a great flight I had booked was overbooked and they canceled it on me forcing me to get a new flight which times basically kill my Friday night plans. Im staying Friday-Monday, first flight got in around noon so Id have had all day to fuck around, new one gets in at 10pm Friday night and itll take me an hour just to get to the hotel. Fuck.

Second booking a hotel has been a bitch as well. I used the first decent looking site I found (should have used a big name like priceline). They quote a super cheap price, which I guess you get if you book far enough ahead, but then take up to 24 hours to contact the hotel and see if theyll accept the quoted price, so for no go and Ill probably end up paying a non discounted price. They only have 2 or three hotels (out of hundreds on the site) that they know actual rates, they are shitty as fuck. All of the others they have to request the discount price first before letting me know if the hotel accepts that price or if they have any fucking rooms left to bgin with. I wanted to be planing my fucking sight seeing/drinking tours with this time. Now Im fucking stressed as shiiit. I kind of honestly wish I had just winged it on the hotel situation like last time but not stayed at the infamous Chungking Mansion (a hostel/hotel) thats filled with scary brown people and prison bar gate systems for security.

Rant - The girl Ive been hanging out with has been dodgy this past week. I gave up cranking it last Thursday to see how long I could go while I had a semi constant hook up. She is an insane lush and lightweight that had to be put into a cab for home before I could meet up with her Friday and last night. We don't kick it more than a few times a week so I missed out twice so far. I cracked once in my semi-hand chastity Saturday. Unlike the insane slumps Ive been in before and tried with holding to see how long I could hold out, it is ten times more insane with a semi-constant hook up. It's crazy how the mind works when you don't get that release. Itll drive you mad.

13. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant- Nate Dogg died
    Rant- Have to make the decision on which job to continue interviewing with and I have no idea on which I should pick
    Rave- Slept with the patio door open by mistake and its still warm in here, spring, I can smell you.

14. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:
    Went to the mom's last night for corned beef, cabbage, and potatos.

Rant:
    Drank wine--about half of a magnum bottle. Forgot how bad wine hangovers are and how my wine tolerance has apparently disappeared. This morning was rough.

Rave:
    Excedrin+1 bottle of water+20 minutes=no more headache. Excedrin is king, people.

15. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Apparently, my friend had been smoking a substance similar to K2, bad enough by itself but definitely didn't play well with the alcohol. They're performing an autopsy on him today. He leaves behind a wife and 5 year-old son.

My other friend who was shot by his ex has been taken off the ventilator, but is breathing through a trache-tube and still has 2 bullets in his back. He was formally charged with aggravated assault yesterday. The last two weeks has just been totally fucked up.

16. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave: Trip to Hawaii is booked for this summer! This is my first full-out vacation in a while.

Rant: I really hate flying. As in, I need a physician to write a script so that I can chill and not drive myself crazy. I'm already dreading the 5 hour flight. It only takes one rough flight to change your view on flying!

17. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Every now and then I leave comments on articles on a site I often frequent. Well, lately someone has decided to use my username (there's no checks done, just put name in box and comment) to make completely retarded comments. I love it.

18. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Fuck you Charter Communications. I left your unreliable ass a long time ago because your company sucks big fat donkey dicks and your "independent contractors" are stupid, useless, irresponsible morons. Thanks for cutting my DSL line and making me lose a days pay.

RAVE: The harvest is complete and I have a mason jar packed with herb in its final stages of curing.

19. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Guest satisfaction data from Marriott and Hilton is actually much better than I thought it would be.

Rant: Starwood? Not so much. Their data fucking blows.

Rave: Amazing (and free!) dinner at III Forks last night.

Rant: I really need to get back to the gym.

20. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Killer lifting session yesterday. Such good pain today.

Rant: Went to a photoshoot yesterday and left because they were running FIVE HOURS behind. I am not going to stand around for my turn, it's not that interesting to me. I was aggravated as the shoot was 45 minutes from my place.

Rant: Gas prices. It is starting to interfere with how much pot and alcohol I can afford. I drink less, lately...