Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Rave:
    I'm so glad I'm not oblivious to huge red flags waving in my face.

Rant:
    Fuck spring. This wet and dreary shit is depressing. I'd rather have winter.

2. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Good day yesterday. Picked up blu-rays of "American Psycho" for $8 and season 2 of "Fringe" for $16 at Costco. Bought a new Echo string trimmer and went to town with yard work in the front and it looks immaculate. Can't say the same for the back yard...yet. Picked up some take-out from a new Thai restaurant. The green curry chicken and the shrimp pad thai were awesome.

Rant: Wake this afternoon, funeral tomorrow. Seeing his wife and son is going to rip my heart out.

3. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I must stop making an ass of myself by getting too drunk!

4. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Being fat

Bigger Rant: Knowing the only way to change that is giving up drinking for a while

BIGGEST RANT EVER: Actually following through with it, sobriety is a dirty conniving whore

5. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Got a call back for a job. I'm still a full time student, and it is a full time job, so if I get it, it will be quite the juggling act for about 8 weeks.

Rave: I know I'd be the leading candidate for the job (its a case manager job for a mental health clinic). I have four years experience and glowing recommendations from former bosses and current good friends of mine. The only way I wouldn't get it is if my school schedule precludes me.

Rant: Only reason I applied for said job was that wife was giving me shit. She knew it was going to take me 2 years to get through school, but she only made it a year before she was upset at me for not having a job.

Rave: Means it is win/win. I get the job, and I have a job. I don't get the job, and it isn't the end of the world, and it shows my wife I'm making the effort.

Rave: Fantasy Baseball draft tonight went well. Got a lot of guys I was aiming for.

Rant: Spring break is over, classes start tomorrow, and I have to register for my Maymester class. The class fills up extremely fast, so I have to be there at 8:30 am to register. This means missing a class.

Rave: Maymester class is Environmental Economics, which sounds fairly interesting, and is also "distance learning." In other words, it is an online course. Excellent.

6. vex

vex
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Cannot get this smell out. I have tried rubbing alcohol, lemon juice, baking soda and salt with minor results. If it's not gone in an hour, I'm cutting my hand off.

7. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Electronics lock project is slowly sucking the life out of me.

Rave: Got to drink two 40's and go out last night, since I finished what I planned to do on the project around 3 hours earlier than expected.

Rave: Yesterday marks the first time where I've been at a party, looked up, made eye contact with a cute girl, smiled at her, had her smile back and then I actually went up and talked to her without making myself look like a fool. I have a terrible confidence problem, so this was a huge step forward for me.

Rave: Short hair worn well by a girl.

Rant: As we are making out upstairs at said party, she stops me and tells me she has a boyfriend...but doesn't consider making out cheating. I had to stop it then and there because of the bullshit factor. I would hate to be her boyfriend.

8. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Marquette!

9. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rave: Super productive day! I have a large island in my kitchen that has a butcher block top; I sanded that and re-sealed it. Then I grouted all the backsplash tile I installed last autumn. In my "down time" I cleaned out the fridge and mopped the floors, as well as doing seven loads of laundry. Even the socks are sorted and folded! You should have a sharp inhale of surprise at that last chore.

Rave:
    Dogs spent the day at a friends; they had fun and are now completely exhausted.

Rant: Weekend? What weekend?

Oh, and if work is as crazy this week as it was last week then I may have to find a shotgun and a bell tower.

Rave: An hour-long Charlie Sheen interview is on TLC at 9pm. Guilty pleasure Sunday!

10. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I have an addiction. I need a Sally's intervention. My hair changes color weekly.

Rave: At least I know what I am doing, my hair looks killer and I am getting clients.

11. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: This times 50. There is nothing more fun than being in a crowded bar and having the place erupt when the team that everyone is rooting for pulls out a huge win. I honestly blacked out for about 30 seconds. Love March...

12. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:
    Oh man is my bracket fucked.

Rave:
    Who gives a shit. I watched basketball all day yesterday and all of these upsets have made things incredibly entertaining.

13. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Why the fuck am I so anxious. I have literally nothing to be anxious over. I have no papers or anything like that due, I haven't even called to set up my job interview yet, and somehow my heart is pounding and I am just feeling anxious and nervous and weird. You know that feeling on the first day of a new job, when you're not quite sure where to go or what to do? You get that anxious/excited heart thing going, and a bit of adrenaline going? I've had that feeling for about an hour now, for absolutely no reason.

14. lyle

lyle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Qatar airways are awkward fuckers. An hour ago I was close to declaring a fatwa on the Airline due to their policy of having to endure an aneurysm before they will let you the change a return flight date for anything less than $600.

Rave: Got the flight rescheduled for under $50, giving me an extra month to finish off running around india and puts off coming home and having to deal with everything there for another month

15. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: God damn, finally feel a little better. I had people in my class asking me if I was okay because apparently I looked like shit, and I was a bit shaky. I didn't really calm down until I was home. That was the weirdest, most fucked up I've ever felt. I've always had mild anxiety problems but never anything like that. It was like three hours of pure, anxious energy.

16. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: The annual barrage of idiocy because people think that not buying gas for ONE DAY is going to revolutionize the fucking world. Has it been a year already?

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: The rental house that my parents own and that I will be moving into this summer was just re-tiled and it looks fantastic. The house has kind of a neutral, sandy/brown/cream porcelain tile throughout the entire house now and I started deep cleaning this weekend. Previous renters were not so fond of cleaning so it is quite an arduous task. It took me a 2.5 hour session to clean one room completely (wiping down walls, doors & surfaces, sweeping and mopping, etc etc). There are also repairs to be done, but nothing too horrible.

My parent's fridge went out, so they're buying a new one. The old one is actually pretty sweet and in excellent condition, but the compressor went out on it. If they can find someone to repair it for less than ~400 bucks, they'll stick it in the house that I'll be moving into and write it off on their taxes. Sweet!

18. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Got sent home from work because I hurled in a trash can. I don't know why I am so nauseaus today, fucking weird.

Rave: Laying in my giant, fluffy bed watching It's Always Sunny. I am cool on money, so I'm not stressing. Plus, pot cures my ailment....

Edited to add: I am not pregnant, so it's okay for me to do drugs. Promise.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Major life decisions have been made in the last 2-3 days. As I've previously mentioned, my new company (of which I'm the most recent of 4 founding partners) is now financed quite well for the next year, at least based on our development forecasts.

RANT: I've decided to liquidate some assets in order to equalize my stake in the company with my other partners and have a bit more cash on hand, so I've just finalized a deal to sell my 2 race cars, and have a deal pending on my truck and enclosed trailer. I spent the winter upgrading the car with a new engine and custom gear box, and haven't even had the thing on the track yet, so it's a bit of a pisser that it'll be going. But, in the end, it's only stuff, and if shit goes well for the next couple of years or so, I'll be able to get another one. Much, much better one, even.

RAVE: Until then, the owner of the race team I manage has offered me a stupidly insane deal on renting one of his cars if/when I need to scratch the itch, so it's not all bad. And my other buddy has just finished building up a new Porsche track car, and has offered me free use of it at any of the track days he puts on (usually about 12 a year). Gotta like good friends. And I'll actually have empty space in my garage for a change. Novel concept.

RAVE: I've found a really nice older Jeep that's been properly done up as a serious off-roader. All the mods are functional, not flashy or overboard, and it looks solid as hell based on what I've seen. It's off at my shop for a more detailed inspection today, and if it looks good, it'll be my new ride as of tomorrow. It'll be nice to have a proper, small wheelbase off road vehicle again to get up into the local mountains for some fishing and hunting. It's been a while, because the big-ass turbo-diesel isn't really the best of rides for that stuff. The guy's spent a TON of dough building it up, and is now moving to Europe so has to let it go. It need a bit of rear floor replaced, but that'll be a no-brainer with the TIG welder.

RANT: Indentured Servitude for the next couple of years. Here's hoping it has a payoff at the end.

20. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Fun wedding in Austin.

Rant: Not so fun recovery at work.