Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Rant? Rave? No idea? I'm going with the last one.

2. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My pooch is going through a dog equivalent of "terrible twos" right now. Went from being very obedient, calm, and good to a complete little fucker in the matter of days. The worst part is that it's skunk season in New England and I just know he's going to wander off when I let him out at night and get sprayed in the face.

Rant: It's the end of the last day of a trade show and this is when all the sales people descend on exhibitors. Hey fuck face we spent money to rent this space to meet CUSTOMERS, not to have you pretend to be a potential customer only to pull the switcheroo and try to get the name of a buyer at my company. Fuck off. I don't want to relocate the business to West Virginia nor do I want your resume.

Rave: I just heard some crotchety old man call some little Indian dude a "fucking Gump". Awesome.

3. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just bought a lot more pillows for my bed. There is literally no better feeling than collapsing into a large pile of pillows after a long day.

4. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Spent today putting in work for more paycheck money.

RANT: I didn't sleep last night. 5 Hour Energy is the only thing keeping me functional. I'm pretty sure that once this bottle burns out of my system, my heart is going to simply shut down in protest of its mistreatment until I agree to get some sleep.

RANT: Going without sleep turns me from a somewhat funny but socially awkward guy into a very funny yet offensive, and still socially awkward and just generally awkward guy. Seriously, I'm a fucking annoyance to myself when I'm on an all-nighter, I don't know how the rest of the world copes without kicking my face in.

5. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE Passed my 2nd of 7 exams for Architecture licensure. Next one scheduled for next week.

RANT This 2-3 hours a day during the week and 5-6 per weekend day of studying is getting old very quickly. Only about 4 months more to go and I'll hopefully be done.

RAVE The baby is now sleeping through the night. It is remarkable how amazing an uninterrupted nights sleep is and how I took it for granted. Never again. It's making all the studying that little bit easier.

6. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Canadian gas prices. I am lucky at 1.29/L which is with exchange around 5/gallon. Consider yourself luck at what 3.50/gallon or so.

7. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Gas prices.

They keep the poor people off the road, and on the bus where they belong. This makes my commute way easier.

Rave: Gas Prices.

I'm in the market for a new SUV. The last time gas prices spiked, I got my current car for 9k under sticker value. Here is to hoping the prices continue to rise!

8. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:

The little girls running around my office are apparently committing a human sacrifice ritual. I can think of no other reason for so much damn shrieking. And here comes the crying. O joy.

Rant:

Summer is going to be absolutely dreadful with all the kids running around all of the time. They are terrors from 3:00pm to 10:00pm (yeah, they run wild until then) I can only imagine what's going to happen when they have even more free time.

Rantier:

I just typed out a giant diatribe about kids and poverty. No one needs to read my thoughts on the matter, so I deleted it, but now I am going to be depressed. Fun fact of the day: I heard a stat on 60 Minutes that 20% of kids in America live below the poverty line.

9. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE!! Got signed up for a Cross Country flight from here to Key West next weekend!!
    RAVE!! Our instructor is on his very, very last flight with the squadron, so he wants to go out in style!!
    RAVE!! He told my roommate, whom I'm flying with, to basically forget about planning anything and that we're just going to follow the other Helo's going there!!
    RAVE!! That takes care of at least 5 flights, getting ahead is fucking awesome!!
    Rant: The flight's out there total about 12 hours...looooooong day. Who cares, Key West!!!

Rave: Confined area landings are AWESOME!! I landed a small Helo in an area about 250ft x 75ft TWICE!! It was so cool.
    Rave: Another tactical flight tomorrow dealing with carrying external loads, then its on the the the better model Helo with a Stab!! Hooray!!!

10. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Sometimes I really love memes.

[​IMG]

Personally, I was a fan of "LOL Holocaust."

11. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I haven't been on much due to a ridiculous school work load... BUT...

RAVE

Made the cut for the Gypsies Mens Select rugby team. Played in the St Paddy's tourney here in Savannah over the weekend and as a result of playing for the Gypsies, I got recruited to play for a Division I team up in the Northeast when I graduate college. One step closer to playing professionally...

RAVE

Just finished finals for the Winter trimester. Created medical first response backpacks for Bombardier Inc. and they fucking loved it. Win.

RAVE

As a result of the Bombardier success, my department chair invited me to Hong Kong for 10 weeks this summer. I'll be going.

RAVE

ST PADDYS TOMORROW! HOLY FUCKING SHIT MY LIVER IS GOING TO GET GANGBANGED BY GUINNESS, JAMESON AND ALL OF THEIR FRIENDS! FUCK YES!

12. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Interview for my residence/work permit tomorrow

Rant: It is in San Francisco. I really don't like that city.

13. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: 86 on my advanced financial management midterm and I thought I bombed it! SUCCESSSSSSSS

14. Moose

Moose
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Relationship Rant: Spoilered for length
    It would appear that the GF and I are on the outs. She's been super busy between a full time job and nursing school. I was recently fired from the same job that she's doing, but at a different location. I'm also going to school full time (business administration). Found a temp job delivering pizza while I look for something better. She just keeps making snarky cracks about being a pizza boy. I'd rather be doing something and making shitty money than sitting at home collecting unemployment and going stir crazy. What little time we do spend together seems tense. No sex in almost a month. She's tired and grumpy all the time. I feel like everything I say just ends up annoying her when all I'm trying to do is communicate and be good partner in the relationship (which she refers to as me doing my 'doctor phil shit'). She doesn't want to talk about her feelings and I can't force her to.

Her spring break is this week, mine was last week. Last Friday she said she wanted to take a few days to decompress and lose some stress before she hits her breaking point. I told her to take all the time she needs 'cause I don't want to contribute to her breakdown. I can't get answers to my questions because I don't want to have a conversation like that over the phone and she's been too busy/sick/annoyed/tired for face time. We're meeting up for coffee on Friday, and I get the feeling she's going to call it splitsville for us. If not, then that's great. Hopefully we can have a real, honest conversation and get ourselves back on track to being happy. Either way, I just want to know where I stand instead of being strung up on tenterhooks not knowing how she feels. I quit drinking for this girl about 4 months back because I said some things that made her feel like shit one night. I decided I never wanted to do that to her again so it was an easy call. I'm in the worst state I've been in emotionally for years and I'm starting to drink again which is NOT how I want this to play out. My best friends tell me they've never seen me this way. I've always been the happy guy with a good outlook and always saw the bright side of things, fun to be around. Coincidentally, that was when i was single. Now I'm a miserable fuck.

Sorry to unload this on y'all but I need to vent and none of my core friends are available at the moment.

15. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT/RAVE/BIT OF BOTH: We have two new staff members at work. One of them decided to send me a friend request on Facebook. That being dumb move number one, the second dumb thing she did was not make her profile private. So, me being me, I trawled her history to see if there was anything untoward.

I find a number of post made during work hours and a thread from Monday saying how she and the other new employee are so awesome at their jobs that they can post on Facebook during the work day. It also has the other employee (who has the sense to make her profile private) responding in agreement.

Stuuuuuuuupid.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Sunny day today, for a change. Just had a fantastic meal, and am about to settle into a hot tub with a bottle of wine to watch The Rundown, a hugely underrated film that features one of the best Tooth Fairy references of all time.

RAVE: There may be some gas in the immediate vicinity, but at least it's not radioactive.

17. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: I think I'm in love with the girl who made my sandwich at Safeway today. She didn't even seem to mind my awkward flirting! And what's this, extra cranberry sauce AND extra cheese? Oh, she wants me.

RAVE: FINALLY, after pulling a muscle in my lower back like 3 weeks ago, I'm back on my old swimming routine. I was about to start a harder routine before the injury, and now my old routine is fucking hard again, but whatever; at least I'm back butterflyin' like a motherfucker.

18. lyle

lyle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Only 2 weeks away from finishing work in Goa before heading off for my last leg of travelling around India. Pretty much should be able to fit in most of what I want to see in the 2 months I have left.

Rant: However because I'll be going pretty much from the top to the bottom of the country I'll be spending the best part of a solid week on a train altogether.. and thats assuming all my trains run on time

Rant: Vodafone once again has made it virtually impossible for me to pay my bill. Their website is seemingly designed to cause stress induced aneurysms so now I've got to call the uk to get connected to their call centre in India 200 miles away from where I am right now.. it'll actually be easier and cheaper to get a train to Mumbai and talk to the person at the call centre myself

Rave: That seriously is the only thing causing me any stress out here.. Just one thing. Can't argue with that.

Rant: Still got to come back home at some point though.. Good job I've got a load of festivals sorted to keep me distracted once I get back

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: lost $1100 in three hands
    Rave: still leaving Vegas with more money than I came with

20. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I miss my friend Joe this year more than ever. He passed away 4 years ago, and he was the most driven, inspiring person I've known. He also gave the BEST back rubs ever. Today will be tough.