Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave Yesterday was my wife and I's second anniversary. We had a fantastic dinner at the Capital Grille, and had a great night.

Rant I woke up with a massive fucking migraine.

Rant I have to finish up a paper by tomorrow, so I can turn it in to my d-bag professor.

Rant I have a final exam tonight, and another tomorrow, so I'm under a bit of a time crunch. God bless open-outline exams.

Rave Once I finish the paper and exams, I'm done with school. I'll have a LLM in taxation that I don't want to use, but at least I don't have to suffer through the torture that has been the last year of schooling anymore.

Rant Still don't have a job lined up. Its gonna suck to be (statistically speaking) among the most educated people on the planet, and applying for a job at Starbucks or something. Kids, learn the lesson, don't go to law school.

2. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I am so fucking pissed right now. Apparently Sentry safes are a piece of shit. Their lock is inferior even to the one on a 9 year old girl' diary. Seriously, don't buy Sentry. When it' crunch time they fail miserably. DO NOT BUY SENTRY SAFES.

3. lyle

lyle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

rave: I think I've given up smoking. It's been 3 weeks now since I decided to stop, granted in that time I have slipped up a few times and smoked a few cigarettes and joints but essentially I have broken the habit of smoking. My cravings have near enough gone and when they do appear they are gone as quickly as they arrived.

rant: my hairline has started to recede.. Fuck you male pattern baldness, fuck you.

rave: Got my review after being promoted this week and have been nothing short of indispensable recently so expecting quite a favourable review and pay rise. I fully realise that my over confidence might bite me on my ass so have been actually working hard all of the time recently, not just when I think I'm being watched by my boss.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Rave:in Scotland on vacation. iPad with a local sim card. Big tittied Scottish lasses. Ancestral castle.

MONDO RAVE: Ancestral distillery. Glenfiddich. Fuck yeah.

5. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I may have well and truly fucked myself. The best part? I have to pay around $8000 to find out.

6. Nick

Nick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Have been sick for the past 7 days, and finally feel like I'm back to normal (at least 90%). My fiancee was less than thrilled that I came back from my bachelor party and was basically bedridden for a week. Sorry for partying.

Rant?: Maybe I'm just too old and too far removed, but why does everybody hate Justin Bieber? I can't say that I like his music, nor can I say that I dislike it. It's kind of out of my demographic. From what I know, he was some sort of Youtube phenom when he was like 12 years old, he got discovered, and now is selling millions of records to tweenage girls. Is he some sort of fraud? People are genuinely excited that he got hit in the face with a water bottle at a recent concert. Did I miss something? Isn't being 20+ years old and hating Justin Bieber kind of like being 20+ years old and hating Trapper Keepers? I guess I just don't get it.

7. villagebicycle

villagebicycle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: I had an interview with a company I really want to work for today

Rant: Our of the 5 people that interviewed me, 3 were genuinely excited about having me, one was just rushing to get it over with and didn't seem to care one way or the other, and the 5th guy gave off this bad vibe. He tried to sound optimistic, but his demeanor (or my gut feeling) made me think he had no hope for me getting hired there.

Rant: I declined a very similar position at a much larger company this morning in hopes of getting this one, because they refused to extend the deadline til the end of the week. They only have me 4 days to decide, and only 2 of those were business days.

Rant: If I don't get this job, which I think I may not now, I'll have to move in with my parents again. Whoopee.

Rant: I was already declined by one company on Monday. If I don't get hired here, I feel like my spirit will be crushed and I'll be the bum on my parent's couch, lounging around all day.

Rave: I wanted to throw in another rave here as to not sound too pessimistic. Wish me luck, internet friends.

8. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: New puppy!
    [​IMG]

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Without a doubt the single finest ass I have ever seen.

10. LukesBoxHero

LukesBoxHero
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: I fucking hate when I feel like I'm on the outside looking in. I'm not sure what's going on right now, but I think it boils down to the usual BS where I'm thinking about my situation in life too much (alone) and blowing a certain event out of proportion to make it worse.

Rant: No word on if the family ski boat has been fixed to be ready to go Thursday.

Rave: If it's just the battery as we think it is, I'll be skiing again within 36 hours. You know the "tell the class something about you that we wouldn't know" question ? Mine is that I love to water-ski and I'm quite good at it for living in the northeast (only a 4-5 month season).

11. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Reading the Missed Connections section of the personal ads on Craigslist. It's a fine place to witness the difference between men and women. Virtually no W4M posts, but page after page of "M4W - You were the checkout girl at Wal Mart today and I was buying pizza rolls. You really seemed to like me because you said you had pizza rolls for your lunch break. I'm kicking myself for not asking you out when I had the chance." Seriously, these guys are fucking stupid. A girl gives them a smidgen of attention and they're convinced that the girl is soaking wet for them and hunting down CL posts to find their lost love.

RANT: I'm guilty of it too at times. I don't post shit on craigslist, but a girl says "hi" and my initial reaction is that she totally wants me. But in my defense she probably does because I'm so attractive and great at stuff and things.

12. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Running a fantasy football league should not be difficult or stressful, but leave it to my asshole friends to make it so. Long story short, one of my buddies (mike) was in an argument with another, and the result was that Mike wasn't sure if he was going to join the league this year. I started the league, which last year had 14 teams. 12 signed up, and then started screaming that they refused to have 14 teams again. Meanwhile, Mike and the other guy make up, and now Mike wants in, but everyone is, for all intents and purposes, telling him to go fuck himself.

Double Rant: Same thing happened last year, where someone didn't sign up but showed up at the draft anyway, giving us 13 guys. Last year we accommodated him by getting a 14th and having our draft as scheduled. This year, everyone is being a complete fucking dick about it. Seriously don't know if this shit is worth it.

Triple Rant: Mike paid his fees last year. One other guy that already signed up didn't. I can't kick him out, because he is another guy's brother, and kicking him out will turn the whole thing into even more of a cluster fuck, and everyone will get all butthurt. This is despite the fact that the asshole who didn't pay is a giant fucking douche and I seriously fucking hate him, but I have to put up with his shit all fucking season cause he is another guy's brother.

Quadruple Rant: Two new people signed up, but if I kick out either of them for the guys who have been in it for going on 4 years now, again everyone will throw a hissy fit and end up quitting.

Basically, Mike is fucked, and my options are either tell Mike, one of my best friends, that he is fucked, or kick someone else out of the league, which will result in a few others quitting, and shit hitting the proverbial fan. Either way, someone is going to be pissed and friendships are going to end, all over fantasy fucking football.

Rave: Going on vacation next week. 5 days of beaches and booze with the wife, and none of this silly distracting shit.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: People who don't understand proper horn etiquette. If I am jogging and you approach me and you know me (or think my legs look good), then just give me a quick "toot-toot." If you give me a "BRLOOONK!" just after you pass me, then I assume you're being a dick and I will flip you off and grab my junk at you. (Sorry, Mrs. Murphy . . .)

14. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Back to the grindstone after having 5 days off from work.

Rave: Vacation was awesome. I love going up to Colorado to spend time at my buddies cabin, but this time was the best. We had a good group of six people and I was able to bring The Girlfriend along as well. The weather was amazing, early August and the temperature never topped the mid 70's. No cell signal, no internet, no television and we only had electricity when we turned on the generator at night. I may be addicted to the internet, but it was so relaxing to get away from everything for a couple days and just enjoy nature.

Nerd Rave: I have the sudden desire to get back into comic books, so I ordered a couple Batman TPB's yesterday. Should arrive tomorrow, I'm pretty excited.

15. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Li'l Bandit and I are in New Braunfels, Texas, and we are going to spend the next two days at the biggest water park in the US (Schlitterbahn, New Braunfels)! I always wanted to go there, but my mom would never take me. I've been telling him for the last two years that I would take him, and now I'm finally going to.

RANT: FUCK COPS.
    On our 250 mile trip up here, we were pulled over twice; once for no front license plate by a Jim Wells county sheriff (Who proceeded to give my car a sniffing-down by a canine), and for speeding by a Texas State Trooper just south of San Antonio (I was traveling in a pack of cars all going the same speed; he singled me out of the crowd. I was going 76 in a 70 zone, by the way).
    The sheriff just gave me a warning, and actually seemed like decent guy, but the trooper was a redneck asshole (really; his skin was so pale that his capillaries were visible, giving him a rosy complexion). He asked how many times I'd been arrested (which unfortunately is more times than I can count on both hands), so I just told him about the stuff I was actually convicted for.
    He goes back into his cruiser to check my story. He comes back and tells me in an accusatory tone: “Well, yew been arrested a whole bunch of times, haven’t ya? You didn’t tell me you were arrested for drugs.” (prescription pills a few years ago), and I told him that’s because the charges were dropped.
    “Nooo, yew gotta tell me everthang.”
    “Ok. Sorry officer.”
    Then he asked who could come and pick up the car. I said no one, and he said that I better find someone, because he wasn’t going to let me drive out of there because my license was suspended (we stopped in a truck stop parking lot).
    When I told my son that the trooper wasn’t going to let us leave, he looked like he was going to cry and said “So we’re not going to Sclitterbahn?”
    “I don’t know Li’l Bandit.“
    The trooper left, and we went into the truck stop to plan and get something to eat.
    “Cops ruin everything,“ lamented Li’l Bandit.
    While we were eating, I saw the trooper (SOME trooper anyway) driving by every 5 minutes or so to make sure my car was there. After awhile I stopped seeing him.
    I looked at my options:
    A) I could play by the rules, call my dad to drive 250 miles with someone else to move my car, and let my son down.
    B) I could break the rules, take off, risk getting caught by that pig and get arrested, STILL have to get someone to pick up my car, and still let my son down, OR
    C) Take off, take a side road off the Interstate, hope I don’t get caught and look like a hero in front of my son.
    I took a calculated risk and opted for C.
    As we left, I was sweating like a whore in church, but we made it.

EDIT: Before anyone says: "Well, that cop was just doing his job," yeah, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
    Abortion doctors, IRS agents, and pharmaceutical testers who experiment on animals have important jobs to do too.

16. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant:True to form I waited until the last minute possible to do my online defensive driving for a ticket I got 3 months ago and it has to be done by today.

Rave:This time I didn't just pretend it never happened and hope that the courts forgot about it until a warrant was issued which result in a arrest... baby steps.

17. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: People who don't know basic class etiquette. On three separate occasions this week someone has positioned their mat directly in front of mine. 1. There's plenty of room in the studio. We're not packed in like sardines today. 2. Have you heard of staggering? Six year old kids can stagger a line once you teach them. Why is it so difficult for grown-ass adults to grasp the concept? Thank you, Clueless, Flabby Suburbanite for blocking my view, making it impossible for me to spot-check my alignment in the mirror. I'm super stoked you have a perfect view of yourself. Oh wait, you obviously don't know what you're doing or looking at because you're all over the place like a fucking wet noodle. Still, totally glad you have an unobstructed view of yourself. You really know how to use it. Go back to 24 Hour Fitness/Gold's/LA/wherever you came from. Thank you, TX.

18. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I let my employer know about 1 month ago that I would be ending my employment with them on September 3rd. I e-mailed my manager and she e-mailed me back confirming that she got the e-mail and thanking my for letting her know so far in advance. A week ago I talk to her in person and she tells me she never received the e-mail and that I needed to tell her more in advance that I wasn't going to be working there anymore. Fortunately I kept the e-mails and that ended that whole argument rather quickly. Now she's telling me I need to stay on longer because she needs more time to find and train people.

First off, I would hardly call what I'm doing a job because it is so easy, and it's part time. The hardest thing about it is memorizing names of several hundred people, and that got simple after the first month of working there, the second hardest thing is that I'm currently working 7 day weeks because we lost two people recently and I took over most of the time they gave up. Training people is a non-issue as long as they know the basics of using a computer, and there are several people I know trying to get into contact with her about the jobs. I don't know what the fuck she is doing.

Secondly, I'm leaving for basic training September 21st. If this bitch thinks I'm going to sacrifice the two and a half weeks between when I stop working there and leaving for BMT to help her out because she didn't start looking for new hires in time she is insane. Sorry, seeing my friends and family is more important to me

Third, 2 weeks is common courtesy. Fuck you, I let you know 7 weeks in advance.

I like the place. Most of the customers that come in are nice, I've known the owners and a lot of employees there for a long time even before I started working there, and the job is easy money. This bitch is a relic from when her sister used to own the place, and she still acts like she can reign her almighty will down upon us. Unfortunately the new owners are way too nice and bend over backwards to keep her happy because she will complain nonstop to everyone whenever she is slightly inconvenienced and no one wants to be sprayed with crumbs while she is talking seeing as how she is stuffing her face every minute of every day.

Rave: Halo: Reach comes out on September 14th.

Rant: I'll only have a few days to play it before I leave for BMT.

19. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Slept on the couch which means my back is fucking throbbing today.

Rant: Had strange dream about a friend from high school. He wanted me to be the girlfriend that pampered him and gave me a messenger bag with a small pocket that was to be used for fruit roll ups. What. The. Fuck?

Rave?: For the past couple of weeks I've been loving being on top during sex. Craving it even.

Rave: Mid-week fuckfest.

20. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: The incompetence of the cuntlicking sows at my apartment complex is driving my to the very edge of my tenuous grasp on sanity. My blood pressure rises at the mere thought of having to interact with these simpletons. How many times should I have to fill out a rental application when I have been here nearly THREE YEARS!? You keep losing my private information how? Is it getting stuck in your gelatinous rolls sheathed in spandex? Is it so hard to enter payment information? I pay my rent and yet have to prove it to you every so often. There is nothing like coming home to a motherfucking eviction notice on my door when I paid on the fucking first, like I ALWAYS do. My four and five year old could do your job with ease, why can't you?! I don't have time to fill out an application for a shit apartment I already dwell in. I don't have time to track down my payments into your fucking account. AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH.

Sorry kids.