Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

MEGARANT: Motherfucking Direcfuckingtv. So after months of asking about a free upgrade to HD and arguing with several reps on the phone, I finally call to cancel my service since I now got exactly what I wanted from Dish network for FREE.

"Oh, why are you canceling, Mr. Tuffmen?"

I go into the long story of the ridiculous runaround I've been given: One rep telling me I'd get a free upgrade when my account hit 18 months, another telling me it would cost 300.00, calling back and getting a price of 160.00, then 200.00, then 250.00 from the same fucking rep in the same conversation, being transferred to a department that can "get it for me cheaper because they have more leeway in the system", having that rep tell me it would cost 400.00 to up grade, and finally getting a "supervisor" after being on hold for a half hour and her telling me the most my account would qualify for would be 300.00. Meanwhile they are currently running a promotion for an HD package with free installation and free equipment to new customers. What about a loyal customer of 2 fucking years??

"Wow, I'm sorry to hear that Mr. Tuffmen. That sounds very frustrating." (patronizing fuck).
    "Ya think?"
    "Well, maybe there's something I can do, since I have more "leeway in the system" and can do things even a supervisor can't".
    "Its too late. I already have new service with Dish network. Just cancel the friggin' account".
    "Well, I'm trying to work with you Mr. Tuffmen."
    "Okay, fine what can you possibly do for me that all those other people couldn't?"
    "Well, let me see." clicking, clacking, typing in the background.
    "I can get you an HD receiver and dish upgrade at no charge. Would you be willing to pay the tax and shipping?"
    "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? NOW THAT I'M GOING TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT AFTER MONTHS OF ARGUING YOU CAN SUDDENLY GIVE ME WHAT I WANT? On principle alone for all the aggravation I've had to go through. NO.

He proceeds to actually ARGUE with me about canceling service. Finally after screaming at him to JUST CANCEL THE GOD DAMN ACCOUNT he says this: "Well, we will have to charge you an early cancellation fee". At this point blood starts leaking from my eyes and ears and steam screams out of my nose.

I will never get service with them again, and plan on telling everyone that Directv sucks herpes ridden donkey balls.

2. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    RANT: Carpet removal. Doubly so when the carpet cutting tool works great on the carpet, but not on the underfelt, because whenever you use the carpet cutting tool on it, the fibrous underfelt binds and tears out in chunks. FUCK YOU FLOOR.

RANT: The cheap fucks who owned this flat/apartment before my parents GLUED the fucking underfelt to the tiles underneath. This now means that the tiles will have to be removed in the near future, since around the side of the room, the tiles are covered with glue and there is NO way to get this off without destroying the tiles. It's sad because the other tiles are in pretty good condition and are a decent colour (gray). This also instantly tripled the cost of reflooring, since now I'll have to pay an expert to come in. It'll take me weeks to remove the tiles if I try to do it myself.

RANT: Cupboards will have to come out, since the cupboard's present location is over said glued areas. FUCK.

RAVE: People that honestly think I am dumb enough to use sharp implements while under the influence of alcohol.

RANT: My fucking scissors are doing a better job of cutting up the carpet than the carpet knife. Jesus.

RAVE: I found my dad's leather gardening gloves. That'll make it less painful ripping out that cursed underfelt.

3. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave: My boss looked at my foot and ankle again. The sprain has healed.

Rant: It still hurts and it's getting weak since I've been walking like a goofball since the Incident. It still hurts to walk downstairs, and I tried running today. Not a good idea.

Rave: So, I went to work and ran with 40% of my body weight taken off. I ran a very slow (10 min mile) 3 miles.

Big rave: Solid A. I finished summer semester with the highest grade in my class. While working.

4. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I haven't drank enough to vomit in over a year. Very, very close. Plus I have to crap. One might set the other off in chain reaction. God, everything sucks.

Rant: The cat refuses to die. It's 17 fucking years old and I'm getting scared it's a Highlander. He spends all night doing cat calls while staring at the wall. He's losing his hair and he just looks utterly insane. If I wanted a parrot I would have gotten one. Now I have a cat that sounds like one and is molting like one. He's got to be running on empty; he's had kidney infections, tumors, MANGE (how the fuck does an indoor cat get mange?), stuck in the wall for 3 days, and now he looks like Foster Brooks after a bender. But no, he's in perfect health. Thriving even.

5. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: In an attempt to supplement my taste buds in light of the fact I cannot drink alcohol in any form for probably the next few years or so (meds), I have turned to trying...

Rave: different kinds of tea. There's some fucking delicious stuff out there.

Rant: That sounds incredibly gay. And I know it's only going to get worse. Fuck!

6. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: So my iPhone 3G this morning decided to become an iBrick. After trying to resynch it, and restore factory settings, it still shit the bed. Went shopping to see if anyone had the iPhone 4, no one had it, so I decided to get the 3GS instead for a mere $100.

Rave: They were able to save my contacts list. The 3G was almost 2 years old, and had lived a useful life. Found out why my cell phone bill was almost $60 bucks more than anyone else I knew with the same phone. Cancelled some shit and am now back down to a reasonable amount.

7. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Set up the new laser printer in my home office and just printed out three research articles in mere seconds. Sweet Jesus, this thing is fast--and crisp output.

Rant: Now I have three research articles to read.

8. Pink Candy

Pink Candy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Rainy, disgusting weather. This summer has sucked in the PacNW.

RAVE: Three seasons of Arrested Development on DVD. Eases the pain.

9. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rant: going out in Cleveland tonight. I guess I didn't really want my wallet that much anyway

10. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Nice little way to end the vacation last night, my wife broke her foot and we almost go arrested for being completely shit-housed, falling all over downtown Napa. I should had known something was afoot when the restaurant we had 9PM reservations for looked at me and said: "I am legally obligated not to serve you anymore alcohol." To which I replied: "There are plenty of fish in the sea." and left. Classy. Not as classy however as my interaction with the police officer that watched my wife completely bust her ass, and dragged me down with her. We're dressed well and he gives us this look like really?. He gave us the option to either hop in a cab (that wound up dropping us off in the wrong place) or go to jail. I asked him what my first choice was again, and at least got a chuckle out of him. I had no idea my wife had broke her foot until this morning around 6AM.

Rave: 2 hours in and out of the ER Napa, plenty of time to spare for our 4PM PDT flight out of SFO. Crutches, a boot, and a script for Vicodin that I plan on stealing. Let's see you do that Canada!

Rant: This puts a lot of additional responsibilities on me as my wife can't do anything; exactly what I needed after an awesome vacation and only one day to rewind.

Rave: Nice to be back in the MD.

11. Wadget

Wadget
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RAVE: So just got high tonight and come home with all the sounds of an absolute awesome song forming in my head. Now i need to figure out a way to get it all down now.

P.S Anyone else have any experience with this?

12. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I should be in a rodeo.

13. ClaireV

ClaireV
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Everytime I fall asleep I am quickly woken up because my left or right hand has 'fallen asleep'. You know, feels all tingly and numb. This is completely wrecking any chance I have at a good nights sleep as it awakes me every half hour or so. It's fucked up and I'm pretty much ready to chop off both hands in hopes of getting a good rest.

14. Sean Daley

Sean Daley
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: Armageddon AND Deep Impact are on. I have such a hard choice in front of me.

15. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Was finally able to catch up on the HW thread...SO MUCH AWESOME right there!! Best of luck to him, and mad props to the enabler, whoever you are. If you haven't seen the thread, go check it out on the general threads page.

Rave: I get promoted tomorrow to 1stLT in the USMC. My bars will be silver instead of gold...doesn't seem like much of a difference, but it fucking is.

Rant: No flying tomorrow, I have duty again at night, good thing it's really not hard at all.

16. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Spent all day yesterday hanging out with the most beautiful woman.

RAVE: Not much better a feeling than having a beautiful woman on your motorcycle with her arms around you.

RAVE: Said beautiful woman spent the night with me.

RANT: Phone call woke me up, and it was very upsetting...

RAVE: Took that opportunity to get a piece.

17. roy jones

roy jones
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

guess who`s going to see 85 and to vie for biggest ego on the field? this guy!

18. Saint

Saint
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So fuckin pissed I posted this on 2 boards

Rant: My 12 year old just accessed some type of factory menu on my 60" plasma TV. Colors are all fucked up and everything is dark. Fuckin worthless tech support cant help me, so now I am stuck with an 80$ service call (plus what they charge me for whatever bullshit techie reason they make up to gouge my ass) and they cant even get to me until Tuesday. How is it that a 12 year old can get in but tech support has no idea? "you cant access that menu without a laptop sir.....bull fuckin shit, my 12 year old just did it by accident; FUCK TECH SUPPORT! To top it all off my dsl modem just died so I have to jack slow-ass wireless from down the street. "I'm sorry your 1 month out of warranty sir;" FUCK TECH SUPPORT!!!

Edit: The ballast in my bathroom florescent lights just shit the bed.....fuck this shit, BRING IT ON SKYNET!!

19. Bod

Bod
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Rant - Just fainted in the bathroom. Thought I could make it back to my bed, unfortunately I didn't even make it long enough to open the bathroom door entirely. Hit pretty much everything possible on the way down.

Rave - Luckily, my face remains unscathed, which is a good thing since I have a job interview and a date coming up in the next couple of days. At least it is winter here, and I can cover up the bruising under my clothes.

20. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: 1-month-anniversary head from a blowjob newb. And she was amazing.

Rant: No time outside of work with her for 2 weeks.

Rave: Visting colleges means a 2.5-day work week for me, plus a Zac Brown Band concert on the weekend in Mansfield, MA (never been to a real concert so it should be fun.)