Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Rant: Using power tools while drinking will result in burnt nipples. Who knew?

Rant: Never let it be said that I'm not the open-minded type. I was told to try a special kind of tea - which you have to drink out of a metal straw - with a casual side note that it will 'cleanse' your stomach. I thought "meh.. whatever pussies..." So far I've shit out a license plate, an anchor and Amelia Earhart's biplane propeller first.

Rant: In other news, the search for Amelia Earhart continues.

2. Sleeves

Sleeves
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Started actually thinking and realized I dont know if what I'm doing is what I actually want to do in life. Thankfully I'm still young. DAMN BRAIN.

RAVE: Started to get back into an old hobby. While generally really frustrating, im enjoying it a lot.

3. Joka

Joka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Found a cool avatar from the Chive.com. Gonna be using it for awhile

4. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Rave: Hahahaha!!!! <a class="postlink" href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100811/ap_on_re_us/us_blagojevich_trial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100811/ap_ ... vich_trial</a> Why am I not surprised? I'm not even from Chicago and I find this hilarious.

5. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Rave: Just read Moot from 4chan's testimony transcripts from the Palin email trial. Comedy gold.

Rant: I'm such a fucking dork. I'm voluntarily reading court transcripts and laughing at Rick Astley.

Attached Files:

6. NotaPharmacist

NotaPharmacist
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: 17 day road trip from the Jersey Shore to Tampa, most of it off of 95 and into what can only be described as NASCAR country. Oh, and I still get paid for work.

Rant: A massive vagina seems to be swallowing my mind. Have never done a trip this long.

7. FunnymanCharlie

FunnymanCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

8. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Final exam finished and submitted. 2.5 weeks off (from class at least) until we kick it up again.
    Rave: Nephew arrives tomorrow and we've got a lot planned for his visit.
    Rant: Some of those plans include my mother.
    Rave: The Red Sox game isn't one of them!

9. Croftie

Croftie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: FINALLY made the move to DC. Everything is set in the new apartment and things are getting settled.

Double Rave: Had an interview today for an internship at an NGO that I really really want to happen, and I think it went well. I think we had a good rapport during the actual interview, so I have high expectations about this one.

As an aside, anyone have any good bar suggestions for someone new to DC? Looking for some good dive-bars...something unpretentious.

10. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave, kinda I've finally pulled myself out of a relationship I no longer wanted to be in. This is part of what I hope becomes a much larger turnaround in my life. I'm not very happy with myself of late. Since getting out of the Army I've let myself deteriorate physically, I used to run three miles in 18 flat, now I doubt I can even run three period. I'm mostly disappointed with my performance in school, don't get me wrong my GPA isn't bad (3.1) but it's not where I want it to be (at least 3.5). I've narrowed the cause of all this down to having to much distracting shit in my life. Girlfriend, video games, laziness, all that shit needs to go. I'm also in debt, when I should have a good amount of money saved up, so bearing that in mind, no more going out to eat, no more $50 bar tabs etc.
    It's time to do a little mini-reset on my life. Step one, which was the hardest is complete. Step two (running/ lifting again) starts tomorrow morning at 7:00am.
    I hate to say it but the Army gave my life good structure, I need to implement some of that discipline again.

11. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Why is it so hard to find a decent used fucking car these days. All I want is a fucking inspection before I give you my money.

Pricks.

12. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: September 1st and new apartment and school year starting can't come soon enough. Summer vacation is a month too long.

13. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Football season.

Rant: Being a Seahawks fan. You know it's going to be a bad year when .500 is the measuring stick for success. Jake Locker lottery, perhaps?

Rave: There's nothing quite like punishing the bad behavior of a 14 year old boy in Madden 11. To his credit, he didn't quit when I was up 34-3 at the start of the 4th.

14. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why so drunk on a wednesday? Suchh a waste, there werent any cure girls out anyways

15. Saint

Saint
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Apology: To my 12 year old son (this pains me more than you know) The ADC menu automatically comes up when the main board is croaking to try to recalibrate itself. It could have happened at any time it was just a coincidence that he was switching inputs. As parents we automatically assume that the 12 year old fucked it up.....my bad

Rant: The main-board itself is 255 plus markup and install.

Rave:
    Still better than replacing a 2500+ TV.

16. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: This was recently in my school's paper.

"Two University police officers were dispatched to investigate the skunk, which they observed "running around [a] parking lot with a cup stuck on its head," according to the records."

Easily the best thing to come from the Minnesota Daily.

Rant: Went out with a guy last night that is the anti-Christ with women. Every single girl he talked to ended up rolling her eyes, sighing, and turning tail on us. God damn.

Rave: He finally paid up on some money he owed me.

Rave: My girlfriend's 21st is next week. It'll be one helluva weekend.

17. Obviously5Believer

Obviously5Believer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Brand new 25.5" monitor at 1920x1200 resolution. Soooo good. Now I just need to build a new computer so I can actually run games in HD.

18. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Went back to my place last night and had a little fun with the GF. She's been a real freak lately. I like it.

RANT: It's on me and another guy at work today and tomorrow. Gonna be crazy.

RANT: After over a week of not being seen I saw it this morning and it made me angry and want to cry.

RAVE: Some sort of resolution is going to happen.

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Weird.

RANT: I'm alone in the office until next Tuesday. Although you'd think that's a sweet deal with no boss around, unless it's busy, it's not because everyone is off vacationing before the start of the school year. It's slow as shit. I'm so bored I'm contemplating plucking my eyebrows and then trying to braid the teeny tiny little hairs. THAT is how bored I am.

I can't drive anywhere either because my car is having an oil change today. I think I may die. Someone do something, STAT.

Does anyone have a link to a good game or something? And not that damn Bubble Spinner.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: I just bought a set of bagpipes from a custom pipe maker's shop here in Edinburgh. I haven't played in almost 20 years but am so looking forward to getting back into it. Heading out for a pub crawl in a bit. I have visions of me coming back in the wee hours of the morning and firing them puppies up in the halls of the hotel. Surely that'll be just fine. It IS Scotland after all.