Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. villagebicycle

villagebicycle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT: fuck beans, despite all your best wishes (thanks for that, I truly do appreciate this kindness of strangers) I was cunting declined for this sweet job. At least they had me call them and discuss it, rather than sending a soulless email.

I sent the recruiter an email, making sure not to sound overly desperate, but asking to prove myself in a different manner. I hope something comes of it, but worse case scenario, they just don't reply, so no harm done.

RANT: I have to keep applying to places. I probably sent out a good 15 to 20 applications since Monday, all meticulously crafted for the proper company and industry.

Question: Anyone here live in Chicago and work for a fantastic company that wants to hire me? I assure you, I am fucking awesome.

2. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Blue balls. Stupid bleeding vagina women have.

Rave: MVP for GFF is on tonight. The promos have made it look amazing.

EDIT: You don't think I tried?!?! I dont think I've said the words "shower" and "towel" so much in my life. I got the "No, I dont feel sexy" line and absolute refusal. I need to get her to open up to the idea; it's going to take a lot of work.

3. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    RANT: Sleeping worse than usual at the moment. I seem to lose 8 hours and feel like it's been 5 minutes. Fuck.

RANT: Right arm and shoulder feel like they've been through a wood chipper. Or maybe I fisted a gorilla's asshole in my sleep. My hand and forearm don't hurt, so it's not a wanking injury.

RANT: I haven't earned one but of money in three weeks from my part-time job. Fuck.

RANT: I have to plough through several months of purchases statements tomorrow at my dad's office. It'd be less painful if I repeatedly bashed my head into the wall until I passed out.

RAVE: I'm looking forward to Fallout: New Vegas. I'll be preordering that this weekend sometime. I wish I could check out the older Fallout games, but they weren't distributed here.

4. sharald27

sharald27
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RANT: Little boys can't man up to be honest.

RAVE: 9 days until I go back to school and fuck daily again =)

5. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Called the coach of my old men's league baseball team, and I'm all set up to play again this fall

Rant: Went to the batting cage to tune up (It's been 3 years) and within the first 5 pitches I fouled a ball off my ankle, which effin hurts. Then, <5 pitches into my last token I broke my bat, so there goes $2. AND, on the drive home a blister popped up on my thumb, even though I was wearing my batting gloves. Damn it.

6. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Had a pretty good week, got up early the other day and went to the beach, did some swimming in the lake. I neglected to buy sunscreen lotion....I'm a ripe tomatoe right now.

RAVE/RANT: Jersey Shore is such awful TV, yet I can't help but tune into it. Grenade Free America.

RAVE: The Feast of the Assumption in Cleveland's Little Italy has begun. I will be down there tomorrow, lots of food and alcohol are beckoning me.

7. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: This whole being on a diet thing blows, I'm hungry all the time, someone tell me what I can eat tons of and still not feel guilty.

Rave: Losing weight, gaining confidence.

8. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Off to Germany and England!

Rant: Working almost the whole 2 weeks...

9. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: my flight back home was canceled tonight.

Rave: they rebooked me tomorrow!

Rant: It leaves at 7:30am, meaning I need to be awake in 3 hours. sad Frebis

10. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

RAVE: Once again The Real World tops the list of Dr. Frylock's guilty pleasures this year. I love the fact that they have recently abandoned all pretense of the cast doing anything useful (getting a job, accomplishing a mission, learning some valuable lessons, volunteering) and just pick people with the hope that they will either 1) do a lot of hooking up or 2) bitch-slap each other.

This year they have 8 people instead of the usual 7 (more people = more drama!) They are Knight, who is now banging Jemmye (after stealing her "white boy virginity" and breaking up her non-relationship with a college basketball star), Ryan ("I'M A HAIRDRESSER BUT NOT GAY") and Preston ("I'M NOT A HAIRDRESSER BUT I AM GAY"). For those who watched last season in DC, Knight is this year's Andrew and, like Andrew, is the only reason the show is worth watching.

Wait, is that only 4? Because the other 4 do not do anything interesting and do not matter at all. I recall seeing some chick with ENORMOUS lips that look like a parasite glued to her face providing color commentary from the confessional. It looks like this:

[=====]

on the front of her face every time she talks. I am also vaguely aware of some other chick that is an "aspiring musician" (there's always one). These may or may not be the same chick, I honestly do not know.

Knight and Jemmye fill the show's "hooking up" quota and Ryan and Preston fill up the "who will get kicked off the show for shoving the other one off the balcony" drama queen quotient. The police have already been involved because Ryan and Preston put each others' toothbrushes up their respective asses.

The best part of recent seasons is that without anything motivating the cast to even attempt a semblance of responsibility, they can drink 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Which they seem to do. Every 2nd scene, the entire cast is slurring at each other. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be young and absolutely drunk every waking moment for six straight months with no consequences to speak of.

Frankly, I'm a little jealous.

11. Pink Candy

Pink Candy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Had a team building exercise today for work. It was an awesome day full of soccer, kickball and delicious food. And then I somehow kicked the ball wrong and wound up with a wicked bruise on the front of my ankle. It's painful.

RAVE: 10 days in NJ and Atlanta.

RANT: 1AM flight. I am not one of those lucky types that can sleep on planes. Nor am I one of those lucky types that can take Ambien and have a jolly good sleep. I will seriously rip out the throat of some parent if they do not keep their fucktrophy quiet.

RAVE: Taylor ham for a week. Fuck. Yes.

12. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: This one's going to be pretty long and it's just me bitching about this week's shitty experience with Best Buy and Visa, so I'll use the spoiler tags and you can skip it if you'd like.

I visited Best Buy's website on Wednesday and they were 6 days into a "Deal of the Day" promotion. Wednesday's deal was a nice set of Altec Lansing computer speakers. Regular price is $149.99 and they were on sale for $49.99. Nice. I've been looking into buying new speakers, so I decided to buy these. There was no need for me to even go to a store because of the free shipping. I logged into my Best Buy account, made sure my information was updated and placed the order.

I get an e-mail from Best Buy a few hours later and it says that they're unable to process the order because of a problem with the billing address. I have a look and knowing that I'm using my secondary credit card, they're probably right. I know that the address is correct, but perhaps I forgot to update the phone number or something. No problem. I log in, change from that credit card to my primary card, the Visa, and resubmit the order. I know that the info is right for that one.

I get another e-mail after that. Still can't process the order because of an address problem. Odd. I call them and they tell me what the e-mail did. The billing address that I gave them doesn't seem to match what Visa has on file, but I know what Visa's information is and I know that it's correct. I confirm the address and have the ordered submitted again. I also took a minute to make sure that the credit card number and expiry date were correct. And they were. Now... Remember that. It'll become important later in the story.

I get the "unable to process your order" e-mail again, so I call Best Buy again. I once again confirm that the address is correct and the person I was speaking to suggested that the problem may be how the address is formatted. He suggested that I call Visa. Good idea. I did so. Visa confirmed that the address they had on file for me had the apartment number on the first line and it was listed as a unit. That must be the problem. Cool. So... I call Best Buy back and have them update the address. It's now in their system exactly how it is in Visa's. Order is submitted yet again.

What happened next? That's right. An e-mail. Best Buy are UNABLE TO PROCESS THE ORDER. I called them. Woman goes into the speech about how the address appears to be wrong, puts me on hold for a minute or so, comes back and has me confirm the address again while asking me if I'm sure about it. Woman... I know what my address is. Hell... Even if I didn't know what my address is, Visa fucking TOLD me what it is. The order is submitted again. I make it clear that I'm going to cancel the order if it doesn't go through this time.

The next e-mail broke the trend. The order was processed! Finally! The e-mail after that, though... Not so much. Unable to process the order. I'm just about to cancel said order and move on when I see the reason... The charge was declined. Now I'm confused. I called Visa. The woman was able to tell me that the charge was declined because Best Buy submitted the wrong expiry date. What Best Buy gave was nothing like the actual date. At some point during this little ordeal, Best Buy decided to not only update my address, but to also change my Visa's expiry date for no discernible reason. They didn't even notice that they'd done so, apparently. I avoid the urge to slam my face into my desk, I call Best Buy again and I tell them to correct the expiry date. The order has been submitted for the 4th or 5th time and it SHOULD go through fine now. There's no reason why it wouldn't.

In theory.

13. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Because of the medicine I am on (and will be on for probably another few months), my libido has recently seen a significant decrease. Several members on here warned me about it, as did the warning labels on the medicine itself, but I just didn't believe it would come true. Two months after marrying my beautiful wife I no longer have the urge to fuck her till she walks crooked several times a day. Is this what it's like when you get older? This sucks!

Rave: On the other hand, I have been getting a lot more done lately...

14. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I'm 25 today.

Rave: I didn't have to go into work

Huge Rant: Because I've got a 100.5 degree fever

I haven't been sick with anything, not even seasonal alergies, in probably two years and I have to be sick on my birthday? Fuck this. I'm not happy.

15. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My apartment complex just gave me an eviction notive from an outstanding balance from JANUARY. They claim they have tried to contact me numerous times. BULLSHIT. I have never received a phone call, letter, email, nada. All the late fees they have tacked on rounds it out to $900. They want it by Monday.

Rave: I have the dough. I have proof I paid on time in January. I am fucking moving out in a couple days. I am taking these jackasses to court.

Rant: Why must stupid people ever be in charge of anything. The apartment manager looks like downs kid that was drop kicked into a woodchipper. Her second in command is a methed out crackhead I think I have seen soliciting on a corner. I am pretty certain this is some sort of fucking scam, other neighbors have gotten the same shit. The hell of it is I don't live in a bad neighborhood, they must commute from a trailerpark miles away...

Rave: I am going to stay with the boy for a couple of weeks while I try to find a place less mentally crippled.

16. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- I would rather felch Katherine Mannheim than visit the DMV today

17. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: I may have a new job opportunity. A high level local entrepreneur just started up another business (in generic terms, tech business) and emailed the CEO of the company I work for looking for "young sales proteges." The CEO referenced me and now the entrepreneur wants to talk.

There is a ridiculous amount of potential sitting in front of me... I may need some advice.

18. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: Yesterday I noticed a dashboard light flickering and the god-awful scent of oil burning. "Where is the white trash El Camino?" Um, it was coming from my 2009 Honda Accord. I'm the white trash. And the light flickering was the oil lamp. I took my car in this morning, and the loverly Honda people found a really fucked up oil filter. When Car Spa changed my oil 2 months ago they banged it around, put a hole in it, and glued something else to something (I'm a girlie girl-I know jack shit about cars). Now I have oil coating the bottom of my car, and the dude said that I just have to wait for it to burn off. WTF? Dallas Idiots, don't go to Car Spa. Ever. I think I'm going to show them the filter. I'm not expecting any compensation or apology, but the manager should at least be aware that people are doing shitty jobs.

Rave: No damage to the engine, and everything is covered under warranty. Also, I have today off from work and a meeting this morning was rescheduled for this afternoon. For once, my car picked the most convenient time possible to be in the shop. Thank you, little accord.

Rave Dos: New studio, more clients, better pay. My boss-lady referred me to someone looking for instructors. I've bumped into this woman several times because this community is so small, and after talking to her on the phone and rehashing our little history she wants me to work for her. I'm not sure how I'm going to fit this into my schedule and what's getting cut out, but this WILL happen.

Rave Tres: My uncle is bringing my cousin to visit this weekend. My cousin is 14, and her mom died from cancer 4 years ago. To top it off, her family just moved back to west Texas from Columbus, Ohio. She doesn't have any female figures in her life out there, so my mom and I invited her to come to Dallas for the weekend. We're taking her shopping for school clothes and jewelry, swimming, going to the movies, eating out, and doing whatever 14 year old girls like to do. I can't imagine going through half the things she has, much less moving to Bumfuck, Texas to start high school. It feels really good to do something nice and have this weekend be all about her. I hope she has fun and that we can develop a closer relationship. I'd like to be a big sister to her.

19. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: This:

[​IMG]

Rant: Which cannot be shipped to Canada.

Rave: I have American friends and I'm totally having one of them hook me up.

20. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Just got face-raped by my calculus final.