Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] TATER DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Mar 31, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Y’all, it’s fucking April fool’s day. I’m not getting divorced. My wife is the only one who can tolerate me and I’m certainly the only person who can tolerate her.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Eventually the HAVE to go to a care facility. They can hurt or kill someone. Jim Carrey’s dad died by pouring himself a boiling hot bath and sitting in it.

It’s nature’s cruellest disease, and the flagship for assisted suicide.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My grandmother kept walking off in the night. The police brought her back a number of times. Really what broke the dam of putting her in a care facility. It would have been a matter of time before she wound up hospitalized or frozen to death. It’s also fucking criminal what care facilities charge but the workers are a different level of caring. I don’t know how they do it.

One of the sadder subplots of The Sopranos because it hit so close to home was Uncle Junior sinking into dementia.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My grandpa’s wasn’t too bad until he slipped and fell outside, then the dementia went into overdrive very quickly. Apparently it’s common when there’s an accident or something.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Or a stroke. My mom’s accelerated after a series of mini-strokes. These days our conversations are usually the exact same six sentences, over and over again. Dad doesn’t get out much.

6. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is what we think started my mom's dementia. It quickly turned into she didn't know who my dad was. She kept leaving the house because a "strange" man was there. After a frantic search and finding her in a ditch along the road halfway to the neighbors one night we had to move her to a care facility.

In the end she didn't recognize any of us and wanted to know where my brother and I were. She was looking for us as little kids.

The fear in her eyes not knowing who any of us were and not knowing where her family was is the most heartbreaking thing I've ever gone through. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

*proper thread now*

ran 10 miles today. Last time I did that I was in high school and weighed 135 lbs. I'm 185 now. What's even more insane to me is that just a few months ago I was struggling to even walk up a flight of stairs, struggling with long-covid.

8. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And yet it was more entertaining inserted into the other thread.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This one was gnarly even by the standards of the channel.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I do think that for some animals it would be an asset. Now that I have my endurance up, I might be able to get a croc pissed off enough to chase me, then tire out, chase me, then tire out, repeat until it dies of exhaustion. Or it catches me. 50/50 chance.

funny thing is, humans used to be persistence hunters. Meaning, if we couldn’t kill our prey right away, we could chase it until it couldn’t go any further. You can thank our ability to sweat, as well as our ability to move efficiently, for that. An antelope, for example, is faster than us, sure, but they have to stop to take breaks. We’d hunt them in packs. When it would stop, we’d catch up. It would take off, we’d track it and catch up again. Eventually thirst and exposure would get to it.

so, can you out-run an antelope? Not initially. But eventually.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

OK. Just ran across this in my feed... and it was fucking awesome.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

My fridge smells like a fart right now, but I got some eggs boiled and decorated for an egg hunt this weekend.

IMG_20230404_144719_(2100_x_1700_pixel).jpg

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I watch this channel and Nate the Hoof Guy before i fall asleep every night.

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The drain clearing guy is a great channel to fall asleep to as well.

15. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Nate is my go to guy. I also recommend the Lock Picking Lawyer clips.

16. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

https://www.theidiotboard.com/threads/wdt-spring-is-here-nsfw.255151/page-2#post-686437

I feel vindicated. The neighbor that hit the dog in the linked post swore up and down that he didn't hit him. The dog owner and the driver called me, drinking together, to "get the honest truth" about what happened to the dog. I think he was trying to imply that my dog got ahold of the hound, right behind his SUV, and hurt him enough to kill him.

We were all pretty certain he was dead even though he limped away. He was missing for eight days. The driver was just trying to pass blame onto our dog.

Well, the dog was found with with broken leg or hip, other obvious signs of getting mashed by a car. And he was still alive.

It'd be nice if people were fucking honest. It's not like he was at fault, either, there's no way he even saw the dog coming.

#36 Fiveslide, Apr 5, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
  17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well, this has already been a long week... so I do believe I'll be calling in a couple of float days and I'm now on PTO until Tuesday.

Looking forward to cleaning out the shop and garage and getting back to doing shit.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Doing that today. The baby woke my wife and up and 4 so we’re both exhausted. We just looked at each other this morning and decided to both take a sick day. Fuck it.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Oh yeah. It is spring cleaning weekend, especially considering the unseasonable warmth coming this way soon.

20. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

These last two weeks have been nothing but manual labor for me. Helping my cancer friend finish his half renovated garage and clean up his motorhome so he can sell it. Then at my house, I've moved 2000lbs of pavers and 1-1.5 yards of dirt in preparation for the gazebo. BTW, dirt is heavy. Like really heavy. I loaded up my half ton truck with what looked like a reasonable amount but even with my helper bags, I was dragging ass. Thankfully I only had to go >2 miles or I would've been shoveling some out.
    And unfortunately, the dirt was about 4' higher than the bottom of the fence and rotted out all the fence board ends which need to be replaced. Went to Lowe's yesterday, loaded up 75 fence boards, went to the check out and apparently, someone put the wrong boards in the wrong area and instead of grabbing $2.50 boards, I had loaded up 75 $4.98 boards. Nope. So off to Home Depot today for the correct boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.