Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND! [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

The end of summer is drawing to a close, and as is tradition Americans across the country will take a break for Labor Day weekend.

As I am currently a lady of leisure, I will be cooking up lots of food for those who work harder than I do right now. I will be making about 4 homemade pizzas for our group of people with lots of drinks and snacks to go around. It will be a good opportunity for me to showcase of my abilities as I will be picking up a little catering business on the side again.

Now that we are mostly moved in and unpacked, I have access to all of my kitchen gear and will be cooking all weekend too. I made chicken shawarma meat and herbed potatoes last night will be making carne asada street tacos night, and we'll use some chicken with the meal kit a neighbor gave me tomorrow.

Focus: Labor Day Weekend! What are your plans and what are you cooking? I would love a signature cocktail to go with my pizza for Monday. Perhaps @Nettdata 's sangria recipe needs to be tried out for this occasion.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

What are the temperatures like for you right now? Since you already gave us the food, the weather is the other half of the drink equation we need to know before recommendations.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just be warned, it needs some time to steep.

I just had a friend finish off the last mason jar that I gave her almost 2 months ago, and it was insanely good... flammable, but delicious. It had just sat in the fridge for 2 months getting better, and better. (I have yet to have it last long enough to go bad... I think 2 months is the new record, and only because she cleaned out her fridge and forgot it was in there).

4. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nett, can you post the recipe again? I tried searching but apparently we use the word "sangria" a LOT on this site.

TIA

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I saw that you recommend a minimum 4 day steep. Maybe ill make some for later but do something else for the party.

Honestly it gets chilly here at night, warm drinks might be in order.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

@GTE here ya go

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Chilly night and bourbon are made for each other. Depending on the amount of people, a make-it-yourself Old Fashioned bar might be in order.

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Party starts at 2pm, more people coming around 5. We are around 55 at 6am, warms up to aboutn 85 or 90 in the afternoon. We have a cool firepit area too so we might be outside. Crisp air, low humidity always (hallelujah). Breezy. Fucking gorgeous to be honest.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    There you go.

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

No time! I found out about the party yesterday and the drinks should have started making last week!

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

A few years ago for our Xmas party I made a 5 gallon container of mint chocolate martinis.

I’d tell you the stories that came from it but I don’t remember them.

12. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Is there a recipe for this?

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

https://www.theidiotboard.com/threads/wdt-happy-4th-of-july-day-nsfw.254715/

Basically, just grab some fresh fruit, slice it up (even grapes, so that the insides are easily exposed to the liquid), put in mason jars (or one big jug if you want).

Then add a bunch of triple sec. I put anywhere from 1.5-3 oz in a mason jar.

Top up to about 4/5ths full with a red wine. I prefer shiraz, personally.

Let it soak for a while... a couple of weeks works best in my experience.

When you serve it, add a few ounces of Sprite or 7-Up... something a bit sweet and bubble. I've always been tempted to try some champagne, but never had any around when I needed it.

That's about it for a "recipe".

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You can drink it the same day, if you want... it's just night and day different.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

One of my favourites for Christmas parties is something we had in the military called Moose Milk.

Basically tons of booze and ice cream... like a grown-up float/milkshake. Fucking deadly if done right.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/230533/moose-milk/

Usually make it up in a cooler (with a few sealed freezer packs in it) and then just ladle it out as needed.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Sentence of the day:

"Police in San Antonio say a man is in the hospital and undergoing a psychological evaluation after he threw an ax at a moving train, and the ax bounced off and hit him in the head."

17. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ll be watching it rain in my weekend. Again.

BBAE6C93-1310-4C3A-9EE5-39637BC6AC86.jpeg

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Dummies pick a fight with MLB players Carlos Martinez, (The late) Oscar Taveras, and then-Marlins outfielder Marcell Ozuna in 2014.

At the 45 second mark Ozuna (I believe) is being restrained while a mouthy little fuck is screaming at him "You want to get shot?" So Ozuna pops him. At the end of the video you can see the mouthy little dipshit writhing on the sidewalk.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I bought a lot of fruit for this sangria project so I am going to let it rest for several days before drinking. Does it start to go bad once you open the Mason jar? I Googled sangria recipes and they all say to drink within a couple of days or it starts to go bad?? It might also be because they also call for adding sugar to the recipe and putting in an open pitcher.

I bought a case of beer but I really like the idea of that as a dessert drink. I also have some cute milkshake glasses and never get any use. Let's goooooo.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I also put a bunch more booze in mine than normal.

I don't know, like I've said, I've gone weeks in a sealed mason jar in the fridge without any issue... and they only seem to get better, and I've never had one go bad.

Keep it cold, keep it sealed, and I don't see the problem, personally.

While I don't add sugar, I rely on a ton of fruit and the Triple Sec to kick up the sugar content to help it ferment.

In the end, it's the fruit that will knock you on your ass, and it's always tasted good to me.

First Google result I found for "preserving fruit with alcohol".

https://www.amy-pennington.com/blog/preserving-fruit-in-alcohol

If in doubt, add more alcohol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.