Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] HAPPY 4th of July DAY! [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Sangria, bitches.

Before:

6C842707-FD72-487E-BE7A-088ACCC47736.jpeg

After:

49DB5D52-B2E2-4C7B-88C9-8F29F9842B21.jpeg

Fuck yeah!

Happy Canada Day Weekend!

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Damn it. My water pump is leaking. I've held off for as long as I could, I think it's time for a new vehicle.

Fun fact: You can pick up a 2006 BMW 3 series for about $5K. Now I need y'all to talk me out of it.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If you can’t replace your water pump do you really want to take on the 2006 3-series? I had 2 older 3-series and it’s not like they were light on maintenance.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Isn't that what ballsack drove?

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

It's not like I can't replace the water pump, it's more that I'm beyond the sunk cost of the rig. I bought it for $3K and have put more then that into it with a new computer, new fuel injection system, new starter, new tires, etc...it's lasted me 5 years and 20K miles, so I'm not entirely displeased, but I really can't see sinking any more money into it.

And yes, I'm more then familiar with the maintenance costs of a BMW. I know it's through the roof, but that Saab 900se turbo I had kind of made me appreciate how much fun a European sedan can be.

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I believe he said that everyone in the BMW community looks down on 3 series owners as posers.

I'm not terribly concerned about that.

My other thought is a well maintained, unabused late 90's Z28 with a 6 speed.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Because they don’t have an extra $500 in their bank account?

8. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Who knows? As someone that's been into cars my entire life, I hate car snobs. I've had imports, muscle cars, and trucks. Each has their own merits. Hell, even a Northstar Caddy would interest me right now if I could get one at a good price.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Happy canada day and happy 4th and all that. I'm leaving to the lake this weekend, and while we're there we'll be celebrating my 30th birthday which is later next week. It's drier than a male hooker's asshole right now in Texas so fireworks are off the table, but my wife has been acting awfully mischievous around me. She's either fucking around on me, or, more likely, about to fuck with me. Given the amount of shit I've done to my other siblings on their 30ths, I have a feeling karma is about to cash that check.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s going to be hotter than the most centre part of the devil’s asshole this weekend. For our American friends, we are expecting it to hit 122 degrees this weekend. Ouch.

I’m walking the dog and I hear what sounds like raindrops hitting the trees but it’s clear skies. No dude, that’s the pitter-patter of zillions of giant, gross junebugs feasting on every tree while crashing into everything. Yecccch. It’s still hot as hell out and it is far past dusk.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The name’s John Fitzgerald Page.

...Esquire.

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I'm an idiot. All this talk about a new car and guess what I just made an offer on? Another first generation 300ZX.

At least this is a special Z31. It was converted to a convertible back in the 80's by a well known coach builder, they made 352 of them at a cost above the vehicle of $6-8K.

And it's a turbo, it has a 80's body kit on it, has only 55K, and appears to be well optioned.

I'd rather it hadn't had the top cut off and didn't have the body kit, but I can live with it. At least I don't have to worry about modifying it.

300ax.jpg

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

All I'd be concerned about would be the fuel enrichment "technology" from the 80's... definitely get that shit checked out. Or don't spool up that turbo and have any fun with it.

I blew up my Porsche's engine because of that Andial crap that was "cutting edge" back then.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He made Craig T. Nelson the man he is today.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah... I'll be relaxing in the shade, drinking some gin and tonics, and doing a whole lot of SFA... Sweet Fuck All.

If it gets bad, I may go get me a kiddie pool for the back yard so I have somewhere to sit in my lawn chair while I drink.

Failing that, the central air is kicking up a storm and doing its job.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I had an '87 Z31 turbo a few years ago, y'all may remember it:

PICT0012.JPG

It ran fine even being over boosted to 10lbs instead of the stock 5lbs. In fact she seemed to love being boosted hard like that, she'd just scream and go like hell. God I miss that car.

I'm imagining that convertible Z with my old Z's lowered suspension and wheels and tires. It would look awesome. Not much available for upgraded performance, but a boost controller would make it a bit more lively as long as you kept it around 10lbs.

That 80's Kaminari body kit belongs in the dumpster though.

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Just curious, is that a Porsche thing? I passed on an '84 944 turbo the other day, not because of that, but it just seemed a bit shady to me. I'd love to get my hands on a 944 Turbo, but if they have some underlying technology that would keep me from having fun with one I'll cross them of my list.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

A few years back I was given the keys to a Porsche Panamera and asked to make a liquor store run. My wife and I got some weird fucking looks when we walked in, me wearing a swimsuit and her wearing a cover-up.

I know fuck all about cars, and the cashier was not happy with me for not knowing about that one specifically.

Drove great though. Just wish it was standard instead of automatic.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My car was a DP-935, kind of a high-end aftermarket Porsche Turbo 930... so it had a bunch of engine and turbo upgrades that gave it almost 400 HP. The stock fuel enrichment couldn't handle it so they used the state-of-the-art racing application by Andial.

Biggest problem with a Porsche is finding one that is stock... especially the 951's (944 turbos are called 951's). They are cheap, and EVERYONE who owns one just goes to town on it.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

People who aren’t aware of that have no idea how soaking your feet outside just chills you. The fuck. OUT. It is so marvellous. Dump in a bag or two of corner store ice and you’re good for hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.