Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Site Upgrade Poll - No More Reps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Dec 20, 2017.

?

Update the forum software to a new version, but lose the rep system

1. yes

2. no

3. I'm just here to see shegirl's tits

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude, if that guy who gulps down liquid garbage can be a youtube all star you could be a legend.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As a naked traditionalist, I'd like to see the rep system stay, but I will wear socks from now on when I come to gawk.

4. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Question on the idea of the new system with a quick PM option, will it "link back" to the post it was about? IE; I post in TWD thread, someone reps me "lulz" and I can click on it so I know what they're referring to.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I don't even know if "quick PM" is something that is an option yet. So... sure!

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Or, in the spirit of killing Net Neutrality... if you want "quick PM's", that'll be $10. A year.

I'll even be nice and look out for your best interests by making that Canadian dollars.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Of course, in this case, you can tell me to fuck right off and not use the site and go somewhere else, or just not use the new fancy "Quick PM" feature.

In the real world, odds are very high that you have no real ISP competition in your area, and that if you didn't pay, you wouldn't get access at all. Like for Netflix. You want to watch? You pay... your iSP, AND Netflix. You don't pay you ISP? You don't get to watch.

Those are the "fast lanes". As in, you want to be stuck in a traffic jam in construction and not get anywhere, or do you want to zip into the HOV lane and go around? Yeah, that'll cost you $5. Oh, and we are the ones that set up the construction crew in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.