Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Patriots Bowl 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengeofthenerds, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

The Superbowl is next weekend and the Patriots' challenger this year is the Eagles.

I'm torn on who to root for because I have a seething hatred for Brady but I really respect Belichick and Amendola is a badass.

However, I've been a fan of the Eagles since McNabb and win or lose I think their fans are awesome because watching the world burn is fun for me.

The Superbowl always marks my first brisket of the year, and the start of my BBQ season. This year I'm going to try out a new rub, as well as chunking out the brisket into roughly 1.5-2 lbs pieces and smoking them that way, to where the whole thing is basically all "burnt ends." I have no clue how it'll turn out, but I know it'll be delicious.

Focus: The game, your party plans, commercials.

Alt. Focus: Superbowl food. Unless you have a vested interest in one of the teams, this is the real star of the show. Share your recipes. What are you making this year?

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My house is 5 miles from Gillette Stadium. A bunch of friends and I are going to post up at one of the bars there for the game.

I hope they win, but I wont be heartbroken if the Pats lose. Its not like watching the Red Sox break The Curse or anything. But I do hope Philadelphia burns down. That city is awful.

3. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I think Philly will do that regardless of the outcome.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Almost all of my inner circle of friends are Eagles fans. The city is horrible but nobody would waste a nuke or matches on it trying to burn it, but I don’t hate the Eagles franchise.

And Boston fans have nothing to whine about for as long as they live. They are THE most spoiled sports fans of the last 20 years. 5 Super Bowls, 3 World Series, a Stanley Cup and an NBA championship. That’s enough for now. Of course I cheer for teams who almost ALWAYS suck.

5. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I’m a die hard Eagles and Toronto Maple Leafs fan so I have never seen my team win a championship. Hopefully that changes Sunday. I don’t dislike the Pats, I can say that Brady, even with all the controversies, is the GOAT, but maybe, just maybe, the sports Gods will let me have one.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I’m a spurs fan and I only for the first few years of me following the team did they ever suck. Then Tim Duncan happened, then Coach Pop came into his own and they’ve been one of the top 4-5 teams in the league every year since (even this year without kawhi).

I really feel for the fans who have never tasted success so I almost always pull for the underdog. Except Cleveland fans. Cleveland fans can suck it.

7. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I make a dish of that Frank's buffalo chicken dip and that is my dip, everyone better keep their dirty dick beaters off of it. I make my wife whatever she requests every year.

I'm a Panthers fan, have been since they were created, so go Eagles.

8. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

The Menu. The SO and I were just talking about this last night. I have no clue what to make for Superbowl. I know I don't want to be trapped in the kitchen at all. That dip sounds good. I love buffalo wings, I use Crystals not Franks though. Franks is too salty for me. Google gives me about 3 million recipe choices for it.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

BLT Dip is my go-to dip for the superb owl. Easy as hell to make, tastes like an orgasm feels and I've never had any complaints.

10. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here at the restaurant we're going to give away wings at halftime(like we do every year), but we're also going to serve something that we're thinking about putting on the menu as an app. Guinness pork belly meatballs served in a Sweedish meatball type sauce. We've made a few small batches and I think they're awesome, but we'll have a lot of regulars here on Sunday and that should give us a good barometer of how well they'll do as a special or menu item.

We're also going to run a vegetarian "beef" Korean steamed bun taco with sesame garlic sauce topped with a pickled daikon slaw.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I'm not making this up, I swear.

In Philly they applied Crisco to light poles, in an apparent failed effort, to prevent fans from climbing them. This weekend they're going to use an even slicker substance. I hope it's flammable.

Capture.PNG

#11 toytoy88, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You mean, you're not making one of these? Complete with iPad jumbotrons?
    upload_2018-1-30_16-52-42.png

If your orgasms compare to BLT dip, you may be doing something wrong.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It didn’t hit me how big that is until the ipad jumbotrons clicked.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I'm just worried about how long until the hot and cold items on there get below and above safe temperatures? That thing looks like food sickness city.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

As if you wouldn't be shitting funny for a day or three anyway... a little food poisoning isn't likely to be noticed.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Actually, those aren't ipads... now that I'm not on my phone it doesn't look THAT big.

But still.... bigger than the one I'm not going to be making.

17. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, it must have sucked with them being either first or second in their division for seven straight years before that one year when Robinson was hurt. Then twenty-one more straight years of first or second. How did you cope?

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Sorry man I can't hear you over the sound of me watching David Robinson win and retire with his ring.

I was in the stadium for two titles. It sucked. I promise you.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The Spurs were entertaining. In the same way people who fake soccer injuries are entertaining.

This is what I like to call the “Spurs Face”. It defines the franchise to perfection:

6D8E02E3-27E6-4490-AF27-3DB958AF3466.jpeg 66AB1C3B-82B6-46BA-890B-782B2F62834D.jpeg 017963E0-182A-47D0-8A0D-F23899B87852.jpeg D2461571-8D10-4BCA-AB47-FB10C9250884.jpeg 7C39D2B4-BD44-431B-911D-54D1E076BC85.jpeg

20. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We'll be throwing our annual party, with the usual - beer, chili, beer, wings, beer, sandwiches, and bourbon. And whatever anyone else brings. One family is kind of weird, so they'll likely bring something vegan, gluten free, dairy free, GMO free and dolphin safe. Luckily another friend of mine always brings a variety of meat he smoked himself, and bacon.

As for the game - I hate the fucking Eagles. If ISIS were playing the Eagles I'd be rooting for ISIS. Between being a Giants fan, and living in New Jersey where I'm constantly exposed to the ass-hattery of Eagles fans, there is no way in hell I could ever root for them to win. Besides, the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl not once (18 and uh oh) but twice. I'm sick of looking at them, but I have no reason to hate them.