Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

BLT dip

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by Revengeofthenerds, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

This is my go-to dip for parties, easy as hell to make. It tastes like the sandwich but in dip form. I would eat it with a spoon if it was socially acceptable.

Like a lot of people on here, I cook by feel and use recipes only as a general guideline and inspiration. Hell if I know the exact measurements on any of this.

First, pan fry a pound of bacon, then chop it up like bacon bits. Save the bacon grease for later.

In a large bowl, mix 50/50 mayo and sour cream. Don't be a pussy and go fat free, use the real stuff. You want it mixed together real well. Then toss in the bacon pieces, all of it. Next you add shredded lettuce. Then shredded cheese. I absolutely hate tomatoes, but if you like them, dice up tomatoes and add them in. Add some more cheese just in case. I use sharp cheddar.

I can't tell you the right amount of anything, but if you get to that point of thinking "maybe this dip has too much lettuce in it?" then it's too much lettuce. Same with the cheese. So don't get to that point. You can never have too much bacon though. The goal is to get the consistency of this dip not overly creamy, because that's disgusting, but it also should be able to be spread around smoothly with the back of a spoon (I've used this dip as a spread on burgers, for example).

Season with pepper, garlic powder, onion powder (or add in chives), and paprika. Top the dip with more cheese. I use shredded pepper jack usually, but Gorgonzola, blue cheese, anything that's different than what you used in the dip. Sometimes I use a culinary torch on the cheese on top if I'm feeling fancy.

That bacon grease you saved for later? Make homemade tortilla chips with them.