Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Skiing was awesome. Concert was off the wall. Weekend = best this year.

Rant: Some bitch and her studded belt landed on and then scrapped its way across my forehead (crowd surfing) and left a nice long gash.

Rave: Fuck yeah.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: More than a year without any real time off. Long hours and stress have started to take their toll.

RAVE: Vacation starts now. Fly out to Ontario this morning to relax and visit the family, then off to Toronto for a 4 day party, then visiting a friend in Winnipeg on the way home. All in all, almost 2 weeks of not having to worry about work.

3. NurseNikki

NurseNikki
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

RANT: After already suffering some PTSD from yesterdays shift, today turned into a complete cluster fuck as well. 3 code blues, one of which didn't make it, two of whom landed on the ICU doorstep, a packed ER which had to go on bypass (meaning closed to trauma and ambulances) and my 8 hour shift turned into a 12 hour marathon. Oh, and I get to do it all again tomorrow starting at 0700.

RAVE: I had no idea there were so many pedantic fuckers on here. I now realize that yesterdays post had FOUR words, not the promised five. Whatever. I still had the burning stench of liquid shit and blood in my nostrils when I posted that. And who knew some of you would actually REQUEST more details about a malfunctioning fecal containment device??? Believe me, you really don't want the specifics.

RAVE: New sneakers. Nike Pegasus. It's like walking on pillows.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Rant

Having your wisom teeth cut out fucking sucks the next day even worse. FUCK FUCK FUCK.

5. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: There's a bright glowing orb in the sky!? What the fuck is that thing.

Rave: My basement didn't flood and the rest of the week is sunny so it should dry things out.

Rant: Coming all the way into the office so I can courier a part back to a customer that is literally 5 minutes from my house. I hate it when $10 worth of clear plastic pipe can stop a $1M automation system from being started up.

Rave: Playing delivery boy means I'll be "working" from home at around 1 today.

6. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: It's 11am and already 12 degrees!

Rant: 5 Day Forecast shows this is gonna turn into snow again soon...

Rave: I know that in two weeks time it'll be nice again. The miniskirts will be out. And I will quickly remember why I left home for school.

Rant: Alot of time will be spent studying in the library where said miniskirts are going to lead to me thinking about how I'd ravage the wearer rather than wrapping my head around Reduced Instruction Set Controllers and Quantitative Stereology and the like.

7. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I should have bet money.

8. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT: I come back from Spring Break on Monday knowing I have a 10 page report and a 10 minute group presentation due Wednesday. I was expecting my group to have at least something started when I came to class on Monday since I've been lazy and haven't even met with them. I wrote down their names on a piece of paper and went to class. What did I find out? Writing down their names was the most anyone has done in our group. Out of 5 group members, 2 dropped the class over break, 1 hasn't been to class in 3 weeks and is failing and the other barely speaks English and was at the front of class asking who was in his group. I now have to spend the rest of today doing the entire project with this guy during his break from helping his family run a convenience store (not joking).

Fuck me

9. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- So if I end up sitting in the waiting room for a *minimum* of 45 minutes, why can't I show up for my appt 15 mins late?

I still have half an hour of sitting with the sick people while my sign--in sits there on the desk.

10. Rumble

Rumble
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RAVE

Made my last student loan payment

Did up my March Madness bracket

Got myself a shiny new passport so I can get drunk as fuck in Mexico next month

I had a big day, I think I'll need a nap after work.

11. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Nothing (in sports) pisses me off more than people who call Tiger the greatest player in the history of golf. He's the greatest player now on the tour. Learn some history you ass hole. Until he matches Jack Nicklaus's 18 majors, He won't be the greatest. You are selling Jack's accomplishments/ years of dominance short.

Rave: I love watching Tiger play. I'm excited to see him back, because I'm tired of the subpar competitition that's out there now. People have to play up to Tiger's level, and I love it.

12. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Finally someone else that thinks this way. And also when Nicklaus played he was playing against all the other greats in golf. Tiger has no competition like the way Nicklaus did.

13. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I was on my way to another 60-something (pre-curve) Macroecon exam, and was the last one in the room. The professor took a quick glance at the bonus section, saw that I aced it, and told me I'll get a 105 on the exam just for completing that part correctly. He said that section is the one he really cared about, and was proof that I understood the rest of it, even if I left many other questions blank.

14. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Just a reminder kids from page one:
    Don't quote or reply to people's posts.

I don't post to this thread often and when I do normally it's to poke fun, today that is not the case. My Aunt&Uncles dog is in the pup hospital awaiting test results for cancer. The poor thing is only like 3 years old and an awesome dog. They went through something eerily similar with their last dog that ended up having to be put down.

They are the nicest people you'd ever hope to meet, let alone say they are family. I just don't understand why bad things happen to such good people. I really don't get it. It's so unfair.

Anyway, send good doggie thoughts if you can and to all of us who are dog lovers, owners or not, go home to yours or your rommies or your realitives or whatever, and give 'em squeeze, a smooch and tell them you love them. I'm convinced they know what we say.

This week blows.

15. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Beer battered chicken cutlets and a nice Black & Tan. MMMMMM.

16. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

UPDATE: They lost the dog. Don't take anything forgranted you guys, you just never know. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going home to get drunk and love my dogs.

17. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: Brand new female roommate, and it took me exactly one day to walk in on her when she's in the bathroom. That wasn't awkward at all...

Rave: Done with class for the day, got no plans except drinking this 12-pack of beer for the rest of the day. Hopefully I'll get drunk enough to really embarrass myself in front of the new roommate.

18. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: Yesterday a patient was complaining about her stomach hurting. It definitely wasn't related to her spine...what she was in for. After some palpating/prodding the PT I work for told her something's not right and she needed to go to the ER or to her GP straight from our place. She left, kinda freaking out, and went to the ER. The PT was thinking it might be appendicitis, but it isn't. She called today to tell us she has liver cancer. I'm bummed. She's really sweet and way too young to deal with this. It scares the crap out of me that your life can dramatically change in hours.

19. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: FUCK WOMEN DRIVERS! They always seem to cause problems. I apologize to 5% of women because you are good drivers, but the other 95% of you blow fucking ass. It's because of you that my beautiful truck is now resting at collision repair. Get off your phones. It's because of you that my neck is fucking sore as shit and that I had to spend a couple of hours on a flat board with a neck brace on. Oh, I had to pee too. Have you ever tried to pee lying flat on your back? Let's just say it's not fun and I ended up spraying some piss on my female nurse too. I also do not have a vehicle and am supposed to have a job interview tomorrow morning. FUCK AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Rave: I got lots of la la drugs and my spine is not (luckily) damaged. I'm now about to lie on the couch and watch lost while popping some pills.

EDIT RANT: If I get held liable for any of this (my front end and the guy in front of me) I'm going to flip. I was at a complete stop 20 feet from the guy in front of me and that bitch plowed into me, forcing me to be the meat in the car sandwich. AKSDHFJRAHSFJHASDJLFHASDJLFAEWOIURASJLKHFAJKHSL

20. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE!!! ST PATRICK'S DAY!!!

RAVE!!!!! GRADUMATATING!!!!!

RAVE!! PANAMA CITY THIS COMING WEEKEND!!!!

Ah, nothing is going bad right now, all is well!
    and sorry Kratos, hope you're not too bad for tomorrow's festivities.