Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. DrunkBilliken

DrunkBilliken
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Raves: Tiger's coming back, Baseball season is just weeks away, and March Madness

Rant: Realizing that no matter how much I hate them, KU is one of the smartest picks to win it all this year. It pains my soul to admit it, but they are just damn good.

2. im2freakintired

im2freakintired
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Rave: God of War 3 kicks ass.

???: For the first time in my life, I bought and beat a video game on release day. I don't know if I am happy about this.

3. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Going to Providence, RI for the first and second round of the NCAA tournament! Looking forward to watching my Hoyas steamroll Ohio and Tennessee while getting gloriously drunk and missing class.

Anyone have anything good to do in Providence this time of year? 18+ please.

4. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

???: So I'm dreadfully confused. I was with this girl who's been friskin' me hard for quite some time tonight, and so I decide "hey why not" and start hooking up with her. After a few minutes she just suddenly gets up and says she has to go, and I have no idea why, seeing as everything was going swimmingly until right when we actually started hooking up, and it's not like she backed away or anything. It might have something to do with some guy I thought she had just broken up with? So maybe she didn't or is all ba;kjalsj;df;ajsldfjas fuck.

5. Creelmania

Creelmania
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: The fucking Canucks

The first regular season game I get to go to in over 3 years and this is what you do to me? Sure you got over 30 shots on Roloson, but 3/4 of them seemed to be point shots with nobody in front, aimed straight at his chest. I saw no intensity, except a few glimmers from Burrows and Kesler here and there. The Sedins were invisible the whole night, and on a night we need him the most, our Superstar goalie got pulled for the 4th time in 13 starts. I'll admit that 3 of the Islanders goals were scored from right in front of the night, while their check was standing right there. (Hey centermen and defensemen, when there's a guy open in front of the net, you're supposed to lift his stick when the puck is near, not stand there with your thumb up your ass). You can't exactly blame Luongo on some of these goals, but he's gotta be able to steal some games for the team near the end of the season here if they wanna take the division.

And then to top it off, you pull the goalie before a faceoff just outside your own zone? What the fuck are you thinking. I know the Isles were up by 2, but there was still over 2 minutes left. At least wait until they've got possession, preferably in the offensive zone before pulling Raycroft.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Rave: Since we missed Steak and BJ Day on Sunday, me and my girlfriend had hockey tickets and road head day today. Never a bad trade off, no matter what the outcome of the game is.

6. macduff

macduff
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Rant: So fucking annoyed, wrecked the OUTSIDE ligaments on my right ankle, just over a year since I wrecked the INSIDE ligaments on the same damn ankle. Same fucking sport, almost the same fucking circumstances. There goes the the half-marathon I've been training for, what a fucking waste.

7. WickedBitch

WickedBitch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You might think that 33 is too old for a hangover but you'd be wrong.

It feels like someone hot-glue-gunned my brain to the underside of my skull.

This was a RANT in case you couldn't tell.

8. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: To everyone who doesn't have to work today or tomorrow: Fuck you, I hate you. I so wish I could go out and drink green beer, Guinness and Irish Car Bombs all day long, but I can't.

Rant: My three roommates, however, don't have to work today or tomorrow as far as I know. I have to be up at 7am tomorrow, and I am going to be one grumpy Fern if I have to put up with sloppy drunk roommates at 2am, especially if they bring friends home after the bar to party till 4 or 5 which is a common occurrence at our house on weekends.

Rant: It was extremely foggy on my way to work this morning, which in and of itself is fine except for the fact that I exited one exit to early, but what really pisses me off is all the people who don't bother to turn on their headlights, or at least their foglights, when it is this foggy outside. Have some God damn common sense you lousy pieces of shit. Days like today make me wonder why I'm not completely misanthropic all the time.

9. Indiana

Indiana
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: I just accidently sliced my finger open with one of my field knives. Is this my demise for not wearing green? There's no one to pinch me so fate slices my finger like a chicken cutlet???
    It's all good, I may not have any band aids in the house, but I do have a tampon and some duct tape. Perhaps I will dye my blood green in the spirit of the holiday.

10. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: After much drama and irrational behavior, the ex has finally understood that I do have his balls in my hand and I will crush them if he fucks with me or my kids. I'll be nice as long as he behaves, it's really quite simple.

Double Rave: Freedom. It's paying off so damn well.

Final Rave- I am healing up so well, scarring will be minimal. I am starting to run again next week, fuck all this stagnant resting shit. Got a friend who is going to have me start lifting with him in a month or so(waiting for bones to be solid), I'm planning on getting conditioned for roller derby. Grrr...

11. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: VEGAS BABY

12. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Add-on, seeing as I was drunk as hell on that one.

Rave: Going skiing again next weekend, likely going to Marmot Basin near Jasper this time. I really hope the weather cools down a little so the snow will stay. Talked to the owner at the place I rented the skis from and he's got some other demos I can try out that they don't lend out to most people (so they say). Last pair was a pair of Dynastar Contact Cross and they're awesome. I was carving without even trying, just sit back a little and toss myself into the turn and it just carved the fuck out of anything I threw at them.

Super Rave: I blew out my ACL two and a bit years ago and it's been almost that long since I last went skiing. Wasn't quite sure how it would handle over two days of skiing but holy shit, no problems. I had better form over the weekend than I had in several years.

Rave/Rant?: My face looks awesome. Everything is all scabbed up and I look bad ass.

13. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

RANT: FUCK ALL OF YOU WHO POSTED IN THE FAT PEOPLE THREAD. And fuck karma in its asshole. I was wedged between a window and an elephant on the bus this morning. It was warm outside and I didn't need the lard blanket which this she elephant covered my legs with to make me even warmer.

Rave: Guinness and Keiths and Heineken and mmmmmmmmm.......

14. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/wreg-sony-millbrook,0,4743284.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nation ... 3284.story</a>

How many people do you think slept (or exchanged Earthly pleasures) in that bed with a corpse underneath it?

Rave: Thats why I live in Florida. You can smell a rotting body here in 48 hours, not 6 weeks.

15. Muney

Muney
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: I have to install a damn Tripod on the roof of my house so that I can get internet service. Its going to cost me $300 and the max speed I will have is 3.5mb/s download. There are xplornet towers all around me but the signal is being blocked by trees.

Rave: I live in the country again, and remember now why I love it (minus the whole lack of internet)

16. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Lost my credit card whilst extremely intoxicated this weekend. Oops. Also, no online shopping for 5-7 business days until the new one arrives.

Rave: Creepy neighbour moved! When I flew home for Christmas he decided to be "helpful" and literally shovel the snow off my car, resulting in a bent antenna and some scratches. I'll miss you, Bruce...

Rave: While I was out shopping yesterday, I was talking to the manager of La Senza and the conversation ended up with her asking me to apply there. Discounts on underwear = more underwear!

17. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't like greeting cards. I don't think most people even read them and if they do, they're reading an impersonal message written by some stranger looking for a paycheck. The whole thing seems like a stupid expectation that keeps being met because no one's willing to say 'fuck it'.

As such, my mother will be getting a great, big 'Happy 5th Birthday' from pop-up Batman attached to her gift this year. I'm taking a stand.

18. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:
    This is fucking awesome.

Someone needs to photoshop a small globe into the first picture where the starling is. Then, we create the new American flag.

19. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rave: Just heard on the radio that Pearl Jam will be in KC in May. The concert is on a Monday night, but it's the week of my vacation so there's nothing keeping me from going.

Rave: Went up to the salon to give the owner a 10 minute chair massage and ended up walking out $45 richer. Everyone that was in there ended up getting a 10 or 15 minute massage. Apparently this town responds much better to the chair than the table. Looks like I need to focus more on that.

20. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I need to find a job when I graduate. I decide it'd be amusing/motivating to not shave until I get an interview. I look pretty awful now as it always comes in patchy on my cheeks. I'd apply for something at Taco Bell just looking for a reason to shave, but I'm afraid even they wouldn't call me back.