Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Fuck you, I'm sick of this shit. I feel as though I haven't moved forward one step in the past year.

2. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Next three days off, and drinking Arrogant Bastard. I'd prefer if it was slightly less bitter, more like a Guinness, but I don't gag with every sip* like I do with piss Bud.

*Was going to say swallow, but that would have been too easy for you assholes.

RANT: My mother might have MS. This might explain part of why she's fucking crazy...it also might make her a lot worse, and despite how fucked up she can be, I definitely wouldn't wish that disease on anyone. What's most fucked up is that based on how she is, my first thought was that it might be an attention ploy.

3. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:
    it's good. It sucks, in so many ways, but it's also good. I see it now and it's fine.
    Rave:
    Work is busy enough to keep me busy.

Rant:
    The goddamn check engine light is on on my car and I have limited time to take it into the shop. Fucking fuckity fuck.

4. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: First time off in about 8 months. Headed to the parents house to relax and see family, then to SLC, DC, and NYC to see friends I haven't seen in a very long time. God I can't wait.

Rant: Have to figure out moving stuff with the people on base tomorrow before I leave. I don't know what's involved, and it could be a lot of annoying as hell paperwork.

Rant: God fucking dammit. All these move.mil websites are complete garbage. Not only do they not work on 90% of the internet browsers out there, but when You find one that it does work on, it shits the bed and sits in a loading screen forever, unable to click on anything. I'm going to be pissed if I have to drive back up to base to do this shit.

5. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ditto, fucking fuck, makes me want to start leasing.

6. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Lot of stuff waiting for me at home. New cell phone, first disc of season 5 Dexter and bunch of car parts.

(shimmered and Frank- Take your cars to any auto parts store and they will scan it for free and tell you why your check engine light is on. It could be something surprisingly simple)

7. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rave: I took this week off work.

In the last five days I have:
    - Painted my house (incl. trim)
    - Stained my fence
    - Took delivery of three cubic yards of gravel, spread it out and leveled it in my back parking area
    - Finished reno'ing the garage
    - Detailed my truck*, including removing the canopy and hanging it from the ceiling of the garage
    - CLEANED (as in, like my mother would clean) my living room, bathroom and master bedroom

Still need to clean the rest of the house, finish up my truck, level off the back yardstones (which is why I still have three bangs of quarter down) and put one more coat of paint on the south face of the house.

As an example:

Garage before (note how it looks abandoned, and perhaps suggests that I kidnap neighbourhood children and hold them captive there):
    [​IMG]
    And now:
    [​IMG]
    From the back, when I used to be a serial killer:
    [​IMG]
    And now (with Abraham demanding that ball):
    [​IMG]
    Question for everyone...my truck is rusting, so I threw some Rocker Guard on the wheel wells to buy me some time and look less ghetto. Does this look totally ridiculous?
    [​IMG]

*except for the chrome

8. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Master sergeant came to work out with us for MCMAP. We did ground fighting for two hours. I'd thought I was coming along pretty nicely, but that dude just fucking humbled all of us. He doesn't use any energy at all... he just sits there, waits for an opportunity, and BAM, your shoulder is coming out of its socket.

He completely trashed all of us, but I learned a lot.

9. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: I just won $130 in a chicken McNuggets eating contest at work.

RANT: Hoooooooly shit my stomach feels like a lead pit.

10. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Additional rant: my powertrain light came on. Emissions problems maybe?

Rave...I got to help a blind girl climb tonight. Amazing.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Rave

Looks like this ol' bird is going back to college. At least I will once again be around people who actually like smoking weed.

I shall now sit back and wait for a R&R Visualized roasting.

12. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant?: What is wrong with me? I have a bunch of productivity related things I should be working on, but instead, I am drinking the random assortment of beer left in the fridge and watching Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome, on AMC, with commercials. And I already just watched the last 15 minutes of it when AMC aired it in the first of this double showing.

[​IMG]

This movie sucks compared to the Road Warrior, who run bartertown and all.

13. thabucmaster

thabucmaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Found out from my mom that my cousin is doing blow. Fuck. I've been there, and was able to kick the habit, but it seems like she's not doing so hot. I don't have her email or cell phone number, so I've reached out to my other cousins to get her contact info. I really need to talk to her and figure out where she's at with this. I hate being the voice of reason, but my parents know I was able to kick the habit and expect me to help her out... I really hope I can.

Rave: Had this in the preview window for a while... Just got off the phone with my cousin. She's going to call me (I HOPE) whenever she feels the urge. I guess she's going in to rehab at some point next week. I really hope it works for he.

14. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#11154 konatown, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  15. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: The look on my wife's face when she realized that Sarah Silverman was not in fact Amy Winehouse, and that a different person than the one she imagined was dead.

16. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant It's been about two and a half weeks since I've been not working. On a temporary layoff from the job because things are that slow. Waiting on another unemployment claim application to go through.

Rant Need to kick this cabin fever badly. There's only so much you can do around the house before your mind starts to unravel.

17. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: Almost said something I shouldn't be saying in front of a business contact. Rant for being a dumbass. You'd think I'd know by now not to shit in someone's house, right? My defense (to myself) is that my client brought it up in an empty gym and I was jokingly agreeing with her and moving on to something else. He walked in right as I finished speaking. I'm about 99% sure he didn't hear anything, but it was a really shitty feeling hearing him walk in. It was a good reminder to stop being such a dumbass and to watch what's coming out of my mouth.

Rave: Three more years of school? Is it wrong that I've started looking at places in HI to do a clinical? I want to go back!

18. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Rant/Rave/? Having a party on Saturday. Was expecting maybe 20 or 30 people. Looks like 60 or 70 people will probably show up. Rave: I'm popular. Rant: I think my place will hold that many people? Maybe? Fuck.
    Rave: R&R Visualization thread for this one should be ... interesting.

19. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I will officially be showing up at The Avengers movie naked, because after seeing the trailer on the big screen, it's obvious I'll end up in that state anyway. May as well get a jump on things.

20. slothers

slothers
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Just got back from a night of Karaoke. I thought my voice sucked, which it does, but not nearly as bad as I thought according to Natasha Montgomery - World Champion sky diver!!! - who is insanely hot and friendly. Had no idea who she was at first till her friends mentioned it.

Rant: Becoming totally enamored with someone that is way out of my league.