Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

You're out!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trakiel, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Found an amusing article on Yahoo News. Basically it says that according to an 1800 year old tombstone a gladiator died because the ref fucked up a call. I don't know what's more remarkable, that they had referees for gladiator games in ancient rome or that the researchers were able to gleen all of this from a picture on a tombstone.

This reminds me of when I got fucked out of a home run during a softball game for gym class in high school. Since I was neither particularly athletic nor popular I was one of those kids who was always picked last, and when it was my turn to bat the kids on the other team decided to make fun of me by playing way up. Well, I fucking crushed the ball all the way to the fence, which should've been a double, but since the outfielders were playing so far up by the time the center fielder got to the ball and got it back in I was able to leg out an inside-the-park home run. How did the shithead gym teacher record it? A fucking error. Considering we were being graded on our performance the teacher's bias (he pretty much favored the athletes) knocked me down from a probable A (since I had another hit) to a C. Fucker.

Focus: Tell us about a time you got fucked over by a bad call during a game or competition of some sort.

2. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Some asshole claimed I made the 600th post on a thread once and now I'm stuck doing this shit.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

We could fix that for you, you know...

4. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I was in year 9 or 10 in highschool we were playing cricket while supervised by a teacher.

Now, I sucked at cricket. But this particular time I was bowling and managed to bowl the ball straight, the batsman missed the ball and the ball passed through the stumps so perfectly that the stumps nor the bails move in the slightest.
    I called for the batsman to be called out, the fucking teacher said no.

I was robbed. Robbed I tell you.

Fucking cricket, fucking widely placed stumps, fucking teacher.

5. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've told this story on here before but it fits so here you go again.

Back in the days of 3rd grade YMCA soccer I got kicked out because I yelled "dang" and the ref either thought I yelled something else or "dang" was a cuss-word because he blew his whistle and kicked me out for swearing. Dumbfounded I stormed off the field and unleashed a tirade of cuss words. My mom was talking to one of the other moms about how I had started to get my temper during games under control and it was weird that I got kicked out for "saying dang because that wasn't in his repertoire of cuss words" and about that time I yell..."dang? that's not fucking cussing...I'll show you fucking cussing you fucking asshole" and my mom says "now THAT sounds like Ryan."

6. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow. Even the dumbest people I know finished high school in 4 years.

7. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My story is from the other side of the stripes (or in this case a blue polo shirt). During college I worked one season calling intermural softball games. I don't really know why I decided to apply for this job and I don't know why they hired me; I never played baseball or softball much and don't particularly like to watch baseball either. I was the worst umpire ever. I think I exclusively made bad calls. There were a couple of coed teams that had a hot chick as the catcher and I was distracted to the point where I completely lost count of strikes and outs. Good times.

Fortunately, most of the players realized that it was only intermural softball and weren't to upset except for the Baptist Student Union men's team. They were the bitchiest, nit-pickingest assholes. They wanted a team of japanese students who barely spoke english to forfeit because they used a baseball bat and not a softball bat a couple of times.

8. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Focus: Tell us about a time you got fucked over by a bad call during a game or competition of some sort.

Seahawks fucked by ref's during Super Bowl. Fuck the Steelers.

9. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

When I was 8 I hit my first ever home run in Little League. This wasn't lame T-Ball, it was underhand "pitches" from your coach. It was a bottom of the 9th walk-off. Everyone celebrated.
    Then the asshole coach from the other team bitched and said that he called a timeout. A timeout? In a game played by 8 year olds?
    Umpire relented and I had to bat again.
    Guess what motherfuckers? Out of the park again. Game over. Eat shit.

10. heideman

heideman
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

At the age of 14-15 my soccer team made the finals in a HUGE tournament in town, against teams that were supremely better. We should have renamed ourselves "The Ducks" cause holy shit we sucked but that weekend we were unstoppable. We end up taking the finals into overtime that had a "golden goal" rule.

I got an amazing through ball and scored. It was beautiful, Maradona would have been proud, BUT the fucking net wasn't nailed in on the corners so the ball went through the goal and down a hill. The center ref called it a goal. The cunt ref on the sideline said I missed wide(yea, cause she had an amazing angle on it...) and said it was a goal kick. The center ref then for whatever reason calls it her way. We lost in penalty kicks. Fuck her and everyone that looks like her.

11. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: My wrestling coach always said, "It should never come down to the ref's decision. If you lose because the ref blew a call, you didn't deserve to win anyway."

With that said, we got dicked over in a pretty close match. It didn't really matter, although we were "rivals" on a personal level; we went over to their gym to practice, and they came to ours.

It ended up being a really close match; going into the last match, we were down by five points. Not a problem, our 125 was a monster. First period consisted of the guy on the other team getting the shit kicked out of him. The second period, he got turned a couple times. Score was 10-2.

Third period, our guy finally got a chicken wing and started cranking the fuck out of it. Opponent got turned and got pinned... except the ref didn't call it. For ten seconds. Dunno what he was looking for, but he didn't see it. The kid then scooted out of bounds, and it went back to the center. Kid stalled for the rest of the period, and we lost. There was a LOT of booing.

Anti-focus: I was in a tournament; first match, I got put against the #2 seed in the state. I was a nobody. The other guy's team was talking shit as I walked onto the mat, and I could see the smirk on the other kid's face as he saw that he wasn't facing someone good.

He started toying with me, and I got pissed. I ended up headbutting him as hard as I could. He staggered back, tried to push forward against me as I came at him, and I headlocked him. The ref didn't say shit, and I pinned him. Dude was pissed, but I considered it his just desserts for being an asshole.

Then I lost to a kid from our rival school and got a concussion from (irony) a kid headbutting me in the face during my third match. Oh well.