Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

You're a f*cking c*nt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, May 14, 2013.

?

What's the worst swear word?

1. C*nt

30 vote(s)
    25.4%
  2. F*ck

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. N-word

69 vote(s)
    58.5%
  4. Something else

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. I'm just here to fuck Kojak

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Revengeofthenerds? No, just no. All of that is just no with Nigger. It's all wrong. Unless you're black its wrong. And your dick probably isn't big enough to be referred to as black, even the most offensive derogatory word for it possible. So doubly no. You might want to get some black friends and run that by them.

Vanilla, nope, they do not cancel out. I can say it because only because I'm black. I have the qualifications and understanding to have been called the word with its full intent and feel all the feelings associated with it. I have a deep understanding of both sides of it. You do not and never can possibly achieve that. I have two parents born and lived adult lives before the civil rights movement and knew exactly where they were when MLK was shot. No and no. It is not debatable. I rarely use the word, but guess what I can use it. Deal with it. Just like Nom said, we can try to take it back, but in all reality, we never will.

Absolutely ridiculous and patently false statement. If one word is "Nigger" and the other word is "Stupid." Children are being taught in school not to say stupid because and refer to it as the "S word". That is the dumbest thing in the world and if my kid ever comes home with that, I'll tell them to get over it. Cunt has no history, therefor the logic stands. Doesn't make any argument wrong. You can replace word B with any word in Western culture and my statement stands perfectly. Now if you wanted to switch word B with a Jewish, Chinese, Hispanic, Indian, Middle Eastern, African racial slur then my point is wrong. Because you're specifically targeting a group of people who were that way at birth. No one calls nice boys and girls cunts, you had to do something to deserve it. There is no history with the word. It just is new, and still has edge based on that. Nigger is 400 years old, maybe even older and still hurts because of the on going issue. Trying to equate the two is the dumbest thing you can do as an educated person, even dumber when you have access to the internet and media.

2. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is kike, spic, chink, gook, Hymie, pollock, guinea, dego, towelhead, camel jockey, sand nigger etc. any better than nigger, or do y'all think nigger is just in a class of offensiveness all it's own?

3. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Oh, let me be clear: I don't use either word. I don't HEAR either word very often (hence why it surprised me today). I'm in the same boat as TX...it feels uncomfortable even typing them out.

I find it interesting, though, that two people have so far said, "Women need to get over being offended by the word 'cunt.'" If someone said, "Black people need to get over being offended by the word 'nigger,'" would the reaction be the same?

I pointed out the office makeup because Parker asked if we were all white. I don't see how a random conversation about words implies that we are less smart, though. What actually started the conversation was me asking, "Have you ever called your wife a cunt?" The consensus to that one is almost all 'no.'

4. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

See Nigger is so offensive, it gets incorporated into insulting other races as well. Also, the textbook reason why cunt isn't as offensive as nigger. Neither is most of those. Incarceration rates, and gross income percentages by population.* It all depends if you're on the bottom of the totem poll. Asians aren't, Jews sure as fuck aren't, Polish people are just white people with accents and different names, same for Italians, Irish, etc.

*White people love to jump to "What about sports athletes! They're black they make millions!" Yes but their Jewish, White, Italian, Irish, etc owners sign their checks. Look at the Fortune 500 CEO list. Look at the people running the Hedge Funds and Wall Street. That is the difference between "Holy fuck this is a bad word" vs "Oh that's just annoyingly offensive." Cunt isn't anywhere as close to offensive because

1) It gets used on men just as often as its used on women. Also men have their own equivalents that we get called just as much. Dick, Cock, Douchebag, Prick Bastard, Asshole. Women just get Pussy, Cunt, Bitch, Slut Whore, etc. Same shit different pile.
    2) Women in the Western countries aren't "oppressed" the income numbers are always thrown off by the fact women take time off to have children, and the women who are on the top of the Forbes lists most of the time waited to have kids or never did. So that's a different beast there.

Anyway, I'm out of this. Y'all need some minority friends to teach you shit.

5. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

And you think that a casual discussion about swear words makes US ignorant and racist. Riiiiight. Moving on....

6. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Parker,
    Can I call you Sexual Chocolate without it being racist?

Alt Focus:
    This list sprouted by far my favorite swear word.

Shit Rooster...

#26 Popped Cherries, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

A few weeks ago I beat my girlfriend in Mario Party on the N64 I got her for Christmas and she called me a "nigger lover," then just got up and walked away.

8. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, sounds like a keeper.

The reason "Nigger" is so taboo is because of the ass beating you'll receive if you're white. It's a soft subject, for good reason. We're not talking about the impoverished Irishmen over in Europe centuries ago. This shit happened a couple generations back, a lot of us having direct ancestors that treated Africans like dogs and are still profiting from it, directly or indirectly.

Nothing says "I'm uneducated" like dropping a racial slur or two.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It's an odd dichotomy when we pride ourselves on our progressivism as a society but still have to tip toe around certain words.

My black friends didn't care if us white devils threw it around in general conversation. And not everyone has crippling white guilt about something they had nothing to do with.

10. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, I'll grant that perhaps you were not being stupid when your colleague said that the word nigger was just a common word for black people and really wasn't being used in a derogatory sense by slave owners. But you're not helping your case with statements like this:

Yeah, I really fucking care whether some white girl whose idea of diversity is the presence of some francophones in a country that's nearly one quarter francophone would rather be called a cunt or a nigger. Your opinion as to whether you'd be called a cunt or a nigger is really going to bend the moral arc of the universe that much closer towards justice. Honestly, reading this now, it reads exactly like a quote that Jon Stewart would play because it just reeks of a complete and utter lack of self-awareness.

This thread and the one about how you'd rather save a drowning dog than a human being really makes me wonder - in a profound way - about you and your coworkers.

11. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

That was me trying to keep the thread light, because it seems we can't have many discussions around here without you devolving it into a bunch of smarmy barbs designed to make yourself appear worldly and far smarter than everyone else. Oh, wait...

There it is. You can tick this thread off your list.

Someone out of the blue calling his wife a cunt - and meaning it - wouldn't touch off a discussion in your group? Really? Not a, "Wow, that was crazy. Do you ever use that word? What's the worst word you can think of?"

And yeah, it appears that my office can hold a more tolerant discussion of topics than you.

12. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I heard someone calling his wife a cunt, I'd just assume there was yet another divorce in the works, or that there was "trouble in paradise". Or that the guy just had a really coarse personality and didn't much care what people thought.

13. skirt_suit

skirt_suit
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

I'll preface this by saying that I am a 29 year old white girl from the suburbs whose high school consisted of all of 400 people. Not a lot of diversity here.

To me, hands down, the n-word is the most offensive. To me, that word conveys actual hatred more than any other. If someone uses the word "cunt" in front of me, yes, I'm still taken aback. But they are using that word to describe someone's actions. The n-word, and other slurs, go so far beyond that.

Just my opinion.

14. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I say "You fucking cunt!" to a woman and completely mean it, that's a really shitty thing to do because it implies a very powerful, very real hatred and disrespect for that person.

If I say "You fucking nigger!" to a black person and completely mean it, it implies the same powerful, real disrespect for that individual while at the same time implicitly adds "AND I don't give a shit about what your race has gone through in the last few hundred years, cry me a river."

This thread is making me very uncomfortable though, so if you'll excuse me I have to go have a nice mayo on white bread sandwich to sooth my nerves.

15. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I'd say it's a matter of context. As in, cultural context, not conversational context. So, for the U.S, it probably is in a class of its own because there isn't as gigantic of an historical and/or modern issue surrounding any of those other groups. (Not saying that there hasn't been any, of course*. They just haven't been one of the most defining aspects of American history.)

Like, if someone called me a kike in the U.S, I'd be taken aback and offended but, depending on the smaller context, it would probably roll off my back pretty easily because, meh, we do alright. (Especially in New York City. Maybe things would go down differently somewhere in the middle of the country where I don't think they make Jews.) But, if I got called a kike in, say, Iran, or somewhere in Eastern Europe where my relatives were fairly recently slaughtered, I would be ripping pissed and probably scared.

*I know this is a bit of a derailment, but I was just thinking about this recently thanks to a similar discussion, and I think it's strange that it's pretty much acceptable to be racist against Asians here. Like, it's kind of acceptable to be racist towards anyone from the Middle East because they're all terrorists, and towards Hispanics/Latinos because they're all stealing our jobs or whatever, but they still generally tend to have (white) people jumping to their defense if someone says something racist about them in their outloud voice. I feel like if anyone's racist against Asian people, no one really gets up in arms about it and it just gets shrugged off.

16. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well this is interesting.

Let's see...racist slurs in general are definitely worse than a silly word like "cunt", for the aforementioned reason that you're dredging up some serious race issues. With that said, both terms used seriously have the same disrespectful and denigrating intent behind them.

Moving on, I'm laughing at the argument that boils down to "I can say nigger because I'm black, you can't say it because you're not black."

So by that logic, my Jewish ancestry allows me to call anyone I want a kike, a sheister, an easy-bake nigger, right? Well, except maybe that last since my skin is white.

Anyone who denies the existence of racism and prejudice in the world is either blind or dishonest, but as was said, if this word dredges up all the history, if this word stands as a symbol of all the pain and affliction suffered by blacks for the past 400 years, if you truly believe that, you wouldn't say it. Oh but wait, every other race in the world is better off than you. Everyone else profits from you. No one else has it as bad.

Look at the Middle East for a moment. Not just how much of a shithole it is, but look at how women are treated there. The submission, the rapes. "Cunt" is word that is strongly associated by women. So by a very small stretch of your argument, I could say that every time a woman is called a cunt, the entire history of mistreated women, not just in the Middle East, is being brought up and marginalized. And I could be a woman and still make that argument. And I would also be a fucking idiot. So go and look at the Middle East again, and look at the six million Jews who were murdered in Nazi Germany, and all the other racially motivated genocides and mass enslavements in the history of the world, and get off your fucking high horse.

Ghetto, of course, never fails to entertain, with a wonderfully fitting self-satisfied lecture that boils down to "You're white so you must be privileged, and I'm better than you. Much better. So much better you should be thankful I deign to provide words and place them where you may read them."

Cause, y'know, being an arrogant cunt on the Internet is surely going to bend the moral arc of the universe, right? It surely isn't going to improve this trainwreck of a thread.

17. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

I'm just going to say that, just because "no one really gets up in arms about it" doesn't mean it's okay. The words still fucking hurt and the sentiments are still fucking ignorant.

Every once in awhile I read something on this board that makes me embarrassed. This entire thread makes me embarrassed.

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Had to go with cunt. It has a harsher cacophony to it than any of the other swear words and I still don't think I've ever used it to a woman's face. Ironically, I've called a guy a cunt more than once. I'm just so desensitized to nigger now. Black people say it to each other all the time, and being here in Florida the white people overuse it too. Of course 95% of those white people are assholes, but it just doesn't register to me the same way it used to.

19. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

A better question: what is the least offensive slur? It has to be a tossup between Cracker and Chinaman.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, cracker comes from whip cracker so it implies you're the kind of asshole who would whip a tied up slave. It's a racist word for calling someone racist. Chinaman for the win, although I hear them referred to as ching changs more.