Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Your water broke: the LWDT (consider NSFW, as always)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can someone explain this to me because apparently I am stupid. What is wrong with eating in a place by yourself? I looked at each pic trying to find something but don't get it.

dining by self

2. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

People trying to feel superior I guess. I would feel odd going to like a sit-down formal restaurant by myself but a diner/fast food, sandwich shop, pizza, or anything else really, I don't get what's so bad about that.

3. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I live alone so if I get a sudden craving for bar food/steak/whatever and I have to go out for I go alone. I eat out by myself at least once a week for dinner at my favorite bar. Some people think its weird, but I actually enjoy it. I've also been known to go to a movie by myself. Is that weird too?

4. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I have no problem eating by myself, so long as I have a book or something to read. This applies to mall food courts, airport lounges, restaurants, whatever. If I don't have text in front of me, I can't do it.

Yes. I think going to a movie alone is worse than drinking alone. I have no idea why I think this. I've only ever gone to one movie by myself: NASCAR Imax 3D. I couldn't find another soul who wanted to go with me. It was only an hour and I caught a matinee - and I wasn't even at the theatre to do that. I had gone to pick up tickets to another movie that some friends and I were seeing the next day. See? I'm justifying it even now.

Funny aside: I was so impressed with the NASCAR movie that I dragged my father to see it later that week. The last movie he had seen in the theatre? Platoon. Not much of a movie goer, that one.

5. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have gone to one movie by myself in my life (nobody wanted to see Star Wars III, most already did). I don't see anything wrong with it though. If I remember right I went to a matinée and saw a lot of people by themselves. You can't talk or anything during the movie so who cares if you're with someone else.

Oh shit, a group of high schoolers saw me by myself, what will I do. Who gives a fuck.

6. Sleeves

Sleeves
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yeah.. I dont see anything wrong with going to a movie by yourself. I dont recall ever doing it personally, but whatever.

I was brainstorming the other day about life and an idea came to my head. Me and three friends are going to Europe in a 2 summers and I proposed the idea that we should act like we're a rockband from America and see if we can pull off a gig at a random bar/pub or club. Two of them play guitar decently and one can sing pretty well. Another can play decent drums which leaves me having to learn how to play an instrument in the time span before we leave. Time to get on my instrument grind.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I eat alone all the time. iPhone and iPad rocks for that.

And I go see movies alone all the time. What's wrong with that? 99% of the time it's a weekday matinee, the place is empty, and you don't have to deal with any crowds or idiots.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'v been to one movie by myself. My date bailed at the last second when we were going to see a pre screening of Knocked Up. I said screw it and went anyway since it was a free screening on campus. She tried to rib me for it when I told her I went by myself but I told her it was no less lame than bailing on a date at the last possible second.

Since Inception just came out this weekend in China I am definitely thinking of catching it at an Imax showing during the day by myself. It is cheaper and hopefully Ill be able to score the best seats (the theater sells seat tickets like its a fucking concert). I saw it on Friday with my brother but shit the movie was awesome and I think it be even better in Imax.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Going to the movies is one of the most acceptable things to do by yourself. Is there really that big a difference between sitting in the dark, staring straight ahead not talking to anyone else, with someone and doing it by yourself?

10. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fucking Mulatto

11. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seeing as I spend my entire working day by myself (well, with customers but it really doesn't count), I eat alone all the time. Laptop + Aircard = me not being bored. I almost prefer to eat by myself sometimes as I don't have to make small talk while my meal is getting cold.

In other news, this was likely the best labour day weekend I've had in many, many years. It's going to take me a week to detoxify.

12. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Completely agree. I think it just depends on how self conscious you are.

13. whatisinaname

whatisinaname
    Expand Collapse
    Hoping to be even a fraction of the man Jim is.

As someone who spent 25 years in an airplane around the world for business, I cannot imagine sometimes eating alone. After a 10 year relationship, I again LOVE the solitude of a meal alone. Give me the NYT on a Sunday afternoon any time - except for football season.

I have lived in my current house for 4 years and it has a Viking stove with six burners and some griddle thing in the middle. Fuck if I have ever turned it on. Besides yogurt and a protein bar in the morning, all meals should be consumed outside the establishment on the patio.

In my opinion, if you cannot eat alone, you are not very secure with who you are. Just my 0.02, USD.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.