Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Drunk Thread! 10/14/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also, when they did the New Haven one, I couldn't believe they used Modern Pizza (which is good) instead of Pepe's.

2. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a (phone) interview with a mid-sized national family law practice next week. Pay would probably be around $80,000, depending on how much my unrelated Big Law experience factors in.

...FML.

3. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This has been an awful week. We had our annual audit this week. I haven't been here that long, but even so I was sucked into a vortex of deceit trying to fool the auditors into seeing something they didn't actually see. You know you have had a shitty week when the highlight of your week was your own personally created web of lies passed the inspection of 3 different auditors when other, more experienced people's lies failed.

I need a drink.

4. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm all for trying new places, especially with ethnic foods. I live pretty close to Central Ave so I have a shit ton of awesome Hispanic, Asian, African, and Middle-eastern restaraunts to sample from. The winner so far is Holy Land's $6 gyro special.

5. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are we going to see your name on the TV? Were you prescribed XYZ drug resulting in XYZ side effect? Call the law offices of BL1Y to receive your compensation.

Speaking of, I had a patient a few weeks ago who I prescribed an appropriate drug based on his symptoms. He is elderly, maybe 85, and in pretty poor health. Apparently he had some muscle weakness after taking the med a few weeks took him MONTHS to recover from. He decided it was all due to this one medicine that has been out for years and has no such side effected in the pharmacy literature, in the PDR, etc. But he told me that I was lucky he wasn't going to sue. Sadly enough, I bet he would have found a lawyer willing to take on the case.

6. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Particularly a national firm. Can you say "divorce mill"? I'd rather work for your local television personal injury lawyer than crank out divorces for 60 hours a week.

7. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Wow, it only took one week for you to start talking about your potential job offers, and how much you could be getting paid....

8. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eh, cut him some slack, a lot of people post about their employment woes here.

9. gtg2k

gtg2k
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

In the Quad Cities(Illinois/Iowa) for a wedding/beginning of vacation. Unfortunately, I have a bit of a dilemma.

Tonight, after the rehearsal dinner, the groom to be, his future brother-in-law, and various others will be getting rip roaring toasted, and would love me to join them. However, I have to sing in the wedding tomorrow(don't judge me), and need sleep. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, except I just realized the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library is about 45 minutes away from where we're saying. My Presidential History Nerd side wants to go visit and this will require an early wake-up call. Also, I want to be able to go the distance after the wedding (3 PM) tomorrow.

What do I do, TiB?

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whoa, whoa, whoa. It sounds like you're implying that just because he didn't post anything in 3 months, then posts again and immediately starts talking about his job offers, that he is somehow trying to direct attention in a thread all to him. When has he ever done that?

11. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Five guys blows. Over-priced and not that tasty. Although their fries are fresh cut everyday, they just don't cook them properly or season them well enough. I've never had a good batch of fries at their place. They are either undercooked or so crispy it's like eating pretzel sticks.

CT burger places, Shake Shack now that it opened, Joey Garlic's, Goldburger, Prime 16, and Catsup and Mustard. In that order.
    Ted's is okay, but I like a nice char on my burger while being medium rare. A steamed burger just doesn't fulfill my liking of burgers. It tastes like boiled hamburger meat you would feed to your dog if they had an upset stomach. Although I will say the steamed cheese is stellar.
    Doogies is awesome just for the fact that they serve 3ft long hot dogs.

Popeye's is 1000x's better than KFC. Popeye's actually hand batters and fries their chicken fresh every half hour and if you don't think the chicken they have made is fresh, just ask for your chicken to be freshly made if you want to wait. Sides are better, biscuits are better, chicken is better. Their fries are pretty tasty as well.

I've talked about food too much. Someone post some hot redheads in stockings and heels!!

12. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wouldn't have applied to a divorce mill (or a plaintiff's mill). It's an estate planning firm, they don't even advertise divorce work.

13. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My checking account got cleaned out today. How? XBox Live points. Someone decided they needed an assload of Xbox Live points. My money couldn't have been spent on something interesting, like black tar heroin or a shipment of rubber cocks. Nope. Xbox Live points.

I cancelled my debit card. Now I have to carry cash around in a coffee can like toytoy for a week until I get a new card issued to me. And today started off with such promise.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This girl is a blonde. And, I can't tell if she's wearing heels. Sorry.

Attached Files:

15. magz

magz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yeah, that area of Nordeast has some awesome food options. Holy Land is hard to beat, especially their combos. I am far from a vegetarian, but their hummus varieties are phenomenal.

I need to make it up to NE more often, but I live in uptown so it's real easy for me to just stick with bars and restaurants in the area. I do enjoy the bars up in NE a bit more though, since it's hard to find real bars and not just restaurants with bars as an afterthought on the south side. I do love the Rail Station though. Meat raffle tonight! It's worth a buck to win some Everett's steaks.

16. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, OK. These are some nice boobies actually, oh and it looks like she is standing on tip toe instead of wearing actual heels. But those are some nice nice boobies.
    [​IMG]

17. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What happened to all the money your website is bringing in?

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

"Dude... I've got the best estate planning advice of all time. NEVER LEAVE IT. That's right! Live with your folks, and then wait for them to kick the bucket, and profit. It's a win win! *click* Hello? Hello?"

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Getting closer. Stockings and heels, check. Still working on the redhead part.

Attached Files:

20. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

???? Although I question the hot part, but tend to think you guys might disagree with me.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.