Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Drunk Thread! 10/14/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No complaints about the 5 Guys near us (other than the music being too loud), and it's convenient to the movie theater. Mooyah's and Steak & Shake suck, though. OC Burger is pretty good. In 'n Out is opening up one town over in an all-too-convenient location which may up the burger takeout frequency from the current once every 2-3 months. Still, I'd rather get a sub from Jersey Mike's.

2. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would normally try to win points with the people above me...but fuck that. After doing this four times, you should rub the dogs nose in it.

3. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ever try this place?

#23 effinshenanigans, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. magz

magz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Are you from MN? If so, you're right about Five Guys vs. Culver's. While I find Five Guys acceptable, Culver's just brings more to the table.

There is a Popeye's on East Lake St. in Minneapolis, but the neighborhood is a bit sketchy. Go figure.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Not sure. I'll get a pro in to take a look and make recommendations. It could be because there's been some construction on the lake, and the 2 beaver families/dens are about 100 yards from my well. Could be that the seals on the well need to be redone, etc. Again, don't know... I'm not that educated on wells or what would cause them to become tainted, etc. At least it appears to be some external cause that should be fixable and not just shit water.

I'm just glad I can take showers without worrying about getting Beaver Fever.

6. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After seeing that episode I wonder the same thing. If I remember they are the only place in the U.S. that still cook burgers like that.

#26 zyron, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  7. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been there twice. I drive up that way to see my girlfriend's parents in Mass. all the time. It's basically right at the Rt. 15/ I-91 interchange, so it's really easy to get to. It's probably about a 30 minute drive, and definitely worth the trip. The burgers are amazing.

8. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Haha I know exactly the neighborhood you're talking about.

So is it better than KFC?

9. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fun with radiators.

So I needed to bleed the radiator in our entryway as the heat wasn't flowing evenly.

So I got the radiator key, and the bleed valve wouldn't budge. So I kept applying force, and then when it loosened, I went one too far.

Turns out the whole bleed assembly was turning, not just the valve. Suddenly water was gushing out of the radiator. Dirty, filthy old radiator water all over the hallway. So I managed to put my finger over the water spraying out, and start throwing all our coats that were in the area of the spray out of the way, and yelling for Jägerette to turn off all the other radiators, hoping one would be the master valve into our apartment.

Unfortunately, that just increased the pressure under my thumb, and made it harder.

Finally once everything was out of the way, I had to move my finger, and then put the valve assembly back on while dirty shitty water was flowing out of it.

I managed to get it on thankfully, but not before getting covered in shitty water, and I unfortunately got some in my eyes, so here is to not getting pink eye.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure you should drop trou and take a dump right next to it. Then, as you're walking out of the room, kick a hole in the sheet rock and scream, "You KNOW it!"

11. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's a chain of sit-down dumps around here called Flannigan's. THAT is a burger. It's char-grilled, dripping, and awesome. It will also give you chronic shits that will pink sock your asshole. Worth every. FUCKING. Bit. The joints have this old school Florida/Islands theme like a shitty fish shack. Pretty neat. Cheap too. If a value meal is $6-7 at the fast food chains, might as well spend $9.99 for a half pound patty of interminably better quality. It comes with a big ass pickle too.

As for fast food, Five Guys is alright by me. Their Cajun fries are awesome. I'd punch so many children to get to those fries. McDonald's also.

12. magz

magz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

From what I have heard, yes. Don't know when I will get around to trying it though. When the Roundup Beer Hall was open across the street a while back, there was a big Mexican knife fight where a bunch of guys got stabbed. There was also a guy that got shot to death in broad daylight within the last year a few blocks down on Lake & Columbus.

13. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hence why I like living in good 'ol Nordeast. The only time I'm on East Lake street is if I'm in the mood for a kickass taco (Taco Taxi es awesome-o).

14. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Culvers is tough to beat for chain burgers. Smashburger is a close second as far as burgers go, but their fries are incredible. I've had Five Guys burgers a few times in various airports and wasn't the least bit impressed.

And that Popeye's is right next to the Somali community center or whatever the hell it is. That place is bad news. Rolling through stop signs is the closest my truck gets to stopping in that shitass neighborhood.

15. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I live a quarter mile away from a Cook-Out. It takes a lot of self control for the wife and I not to just default to getting food from there every time one of us feels too lazy to cook. The burgers actually taste like they started as ground beef, formed by hand and cooked on a grill shortly before arriving at the window. 100% custom orders. You name the size, add whatever toppings and you're done. The burgers have a nice char, aren't greasy and just have a good, simple grilled flavor. Damn, I really want one now.

Their shakes are also amazing and there are probably 20-30 choices with seasonal ones added as well. Not a healthy place to eat and we've forced ourselves to make it a rare treat.

When I lived in the DC area, there were Five Guys all around. Good, but it was always too greasy. I never felt right after eating one of their burgers.

16. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuckity, fuck, fuck, fuck. I hate today.

Going to drag show tonight that I was supposed to go to a few weeks ago, but bailed on. Going to get rip roaring drunk and cause a shit-ton of trouble. This week has been such a cluster-fuck.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I saw that episode and I went to Doogies, but not that place yet. I'm surprised they used Wooster Street as the challenge location. I was never that impressed with it, except the peanut butter and bacon wings. Those are amazing.

18. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Riverside? Yeah my sisters used to live in an apartment on Franklin really close to there. Super shady part of town. I'm amazed their cars never got broken into.

19. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This.

Attached Files:

20. magz

magz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If you are making the trek to Lake for tacos, you are doing yourself a disservice by not going to Los Ocampo over on Chicago & Lake (next to ChiLake Liquors, the largest beer seller in the state so their prices are awesome...$10.99 Summit 12pks all the time). Seriously, try it some time if you haven't already. There is a good amount of real-deal Mexican food in the city these days, and Los Ocampo is usually ranked in the top few spots.

And lhprop1, you're right, there is a community center over there. The Somali community has changed certain parts of MPLS dramatically over the last 15 years. I drive through Cedar Riverside on my way to work every day, and it's a shitshow to say the least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.