Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Your eyes may be up there, but your name is on your tits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by effinshenanigans, Jul 22, 2010.

1. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This is a shitty point. Try telling that to the firefighter that saves your house, or the EMT that saves your life, or the next cop that pulls over the drunk driver that didn't get to plow into you. What about the mechanic that fixes your car? The plumber that unclogs your toilet. Maybe the tow truck driver that comes and helps you get your car off the fucking freeway.

Plenty of people that deal with the public on a daily basis wear nametags. Plenty of people that support their families with long hours, and hard ass work. Nametags may or may not enhance their job performance, but it at least helps you identify and thank them when they perform a service for you(or lets you name them when they fuck up too)

2. thatone

thatone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Focus: Once I was accused of fucking some dude's girlfriend. At the time I was a 15 year old virgin, yet it reached a point where "tough" Italians spent a months' worth of Friday and Saturday nights looking for me. As my brother had a bit of a reputation at that point, they would find him pretty regularly and try to threaten him into telling them where I was.

To this day I have no idea who this girl was or who the boyfriend was.

Alt-Focus: In my office we are meant to display our security passes at all times. There are a few girls who attach their passes to their chest. These girls have enormous cans. Surely they attach them there just to draw even more attention to that area - most people who display their passes have them attached to their belt.

3. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Go and sell the self-righteous shit elsewhere. It was a purely glib remark on the aptly named theidiotboard. Although the fact you start with emergency services workers and lead into trade jobs suggests to me you do something low level with a nametag to which you attach a higher value. Mall cop?

4. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Military uniforms have nametags, too.

5. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have ordered this t-shirt and it will be my new work uniform.

Ladies may feel free to stare at my tits.

[​IMG]

6. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Focus:

When I was in middle school, me and my two doors down neighbor who was my age got into a LOT of trouble. For instance, we got suspended because we climbed into a classroom late at night [we didn't even do anything that bad, except I printed a nasty picture to the principals office from some kid I didn't likes school account in hope to get him fucked. I found out his password was 'smokeweed' and MS Painted a picture of some chick taking it in both holes [I really wish I had this picture somewhere, it was excellent work] and printed it to the main office because all the printers were accessible on the network. We got caught and in a lot of trouble with the police and suspended.

Anyways we had a bad reputation. I also brought beer to school in fifth grade, but thats another story.

Even on our block we were "bad kids". Note, this is "bad kids" in upper middle class Northern California.

To the original point. One thing we got blamed for we actually didnt do was putting these neighbors lightup reindeer in sex positions on their lawn. The older sister of the house told her parents she saw us doing it so the dad and older brother came to the house and pounded on my door and barked at my parents that we had put their reindeer in sex positions. We didn't do it. My parents automatically believed it and so did my friends parents. My friends older brother actually gave us the alibi that he was watching TV with him or playing video games or something and then his parents believed him. My parents stopped thinking I did it too, and they were pissed off at the people. So they went to their door and bitched them out.

We got our revenge putting their reindeer in sex positions the next night. They even had the awesome reindeer with the swiveling head, so we got pretty creative.

7. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude you were a Mexican kid growing up in an upper middle class neighborhood, I think no matter what you did you were going to be lumped with that moniker.

8. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As do chef coats.

That being said, don't take it so hard. A point was made and it's simply food for thought.

9. breakylegg

breakylegg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Agreed, this is a shitty point. Also, here in good ole Las Venus a fair amount of the workforce wear name tags. My mother and stepfather wear name tags. Both have been blackjack dealers for years. Each turn a pretty good dime, even in this shitstain of an economy.

I also work in service as a bellman and have to wear a name tag. Which sucks, but is better than the picture badge/lanyard ensemble I wore while working for a logistics company. In fact, I recently got a number from a girl at work because of my name tag. We wear the magnetic kind and somehow mine got twisted upside down. She pointed that out and I said:

"Yeah, pretty edgy, huh?"

Which got me a smile and later a number. But yeah.... I am headed to school in Jan and hopefully onto the World of No Name Tags.....

10. breakylegg

breakylegg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

But to be fair, emergency workers, soldiers, cops, etc, don't wear "tags", so to speak.

I believe Toddus is correct for the most part. Generally, a tag implies that you are completely disposable to your employer and that wherever you work there's a high turnover rate because it pays shit and is rife with either teenagers, those in the midst of a serious transition, old people or fuckups.

In Vegas, there are plenty who wear name tags and go home to gated communities, etc. This of course isn't the case in most other places. But service work is the main exception to the rule.

11. Bjornturoc

Bjornturoc
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Alt. Focus: I find that name tags are good for identifying names of the person wearing them.

Seriously, it's a name tag, stop reading into it assholes.