Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Your #1 Show.

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Fernanthonies, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

This sums it up completely. It's made me beyond snobbish, because I don't want to even think about another comedy. Best. Funny show. Ever.

Drama:
    Battlestar Galactica. I'm tempted to say Queer as Folk, but if I had to choose only one of them to watch over and over it would be BSG. A sad, sad day when it ended.

Plus, I think BSG had hands down the finest opening show ever. That four-part miniseries set the bar so high, and the rest of the show delivered.

2. tom

tom
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

It has to be The Wire. It takes three or four episodes to get fully engrossed, but once you are, there's no way out. It's the best show I've ever seen, but I haven't seen Breaking Bad or Mad Men yet, and I hear really good things about them. I've yet to see a character as fascinating as Stringer Bell in any art outside literature.

I'm not usually into shit like this but last night I caught the last ten minutes of an episode of Spartacus (season 2 I think), and holy shit, it was amazing. About eight people got killed in some gladiator ring and gore-wise it looked like it was directed by Tarantino.

Is this worth watching? Because it looks awesome (if a little "style and no substance").

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd have to say it was a big oversite on my part but The Twilight Zone. Not a single story but a collection of tales all revolving around morality and the supernatural. There are certainly quite a few forgettable episodes. But the series hit so many high points it has to be up there in all time quality. It's on netflix and they did one hell of a good transfer, crisp and sharp.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Possibly the funniest show ever made is the Brit sit-com The I.T. Crowd. It's made by the creators of Father Ted which is also a gaspingly hilarious show, but The I.T Crowd is incomparable. I have at least six hearty out-loud laughs per episode, even after multiple viewings.

Seriously, kids. Check this show out. It is quicker than you can imagine, and drop-dead hysterical.

#44 Crown Royal, May 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015