Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

You want fries with that?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, May 24, 2011.

1. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

1. Ballsack posts a decent thread idea.
    2. Ballsack has 1000+ more rep than I do.
    3. And behold, there was a great earthquake.
    3. And the sun turned black as sackcloth.
    4. And the moon became as blood.
    5. And the seas boiled.
    6. And the skies fell.
    7. Dogs and cats, living together.
    8. MASS HYSTERIA.

FOCUS: I also am down for the Cold Cut Combo, although if I'm in the mood I might go Italian. Pretty basic - meat, cheese, and maybe some mustard on that bad boy. No giant salad of shit. If I wanted a salad I'd order one.

ALT FOCUS:
    1. Jack in the Box: Sourdough Jack, no tomato.
    2. Carl's Jr.: Western Bacon, no BBQ sauce.
    3. McDonalds (only if I have to): Southwestern Chicken Sandwich (do they even make these anymore? They were on the dollar menu for a while.)

2. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I get the spicy Italian, add bacon to it, then get it toasted with whatever cheese I feel like at the moment plus just enough veggies to add some crunch and interest.

I used to get the BMT and substitute bacon for ham, but A) they made the spicy Italian a $5 foot long, and B) the knuckle dragging cretins at Subway could never process the substitution in their tiny simian brains, so I gave up.

Alt Focus: I don't eat fast food much - the closest places to fast food that I frequent are Jersey Mike's (for the roast beef or steak and cheese), Chipotle (chicken burrito) and once in a while I'll fall prey to a craving for a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's. That last one is probably about three times a year, though.

3. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: First college I went to had a Subway on campus which was the only remotely healthy alternative to the cafeteria and the first place I worked had Subway as its only close place you could get a quick lunch besides Boston Market (which I love but for health purposes will not eat regularly), so I'd like to consider myself a bit of a connoisseur.

My go to that I would get regularly was the 6" tuna on honey oat, no cheese, most veggies and banana peppers. The banana peppers turned it from moist shit pile into heavenly treat.

Alt Focus: Just throwing this out there, if you find yourself in Burlington, VT drive your ass to Al's French Fries, that place is awesome. As for recognizable places:

1.) Boston Market: Half dark chicken with stuffing and either mashed potatoes, mac and cheese or creamed spinach.
    2.) Subway: If I'm not trying to be healthy, their Italian subs are pretty damn good.
    3.) McDonald's: Not really a favorite place, but I'd be lying if I wasn't down with their breakfast, specifically the sausage and egg biscuit and their sausage burritos.

Fun fact about McDonald's - there's 3.4 times the sodium in a quarter pounder with cheese than a large fry.

4. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I get turkey, provolone, lettuce, and mayo on Italian Herbs n' Cheese. Boring, but so tasty and satisfying.

My favorite fast-food is Burger King, which is my guiltiest of pleasures. I made a deal with myself that I'd only eat it on the bus ride up to Boston or home, but it slips in every now and then when I'm out and don't feel like cooking and/or going home just to go out again. I either get a two cheeseburgers meal or a crispy chicken sandwich. I probably eat there every couple of months, so I don't feel too bad.

I haven't had it in forever, but I love Taco Bell. I think the reasons are obvious.

I can't think of another place I eat meals at with any regularity, so I'll throw in McDonald's too. When it's nice out, I will almost always end a day spent in the Union Square area with a strawberry shake and fries or a vanilla cone from the McDonald's right there and eat it in the park while reading. It's lovely.

5. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Subway: I get the meatball sub, toasted on honey oat bread, with American and Parmesan cheeses.

Alt-focus:

Wendy's: a spicy asiago ranch chicken sandwich, and either a single or double cheeseburger
    Chick-Fil-a: a chick-fil-a sandwich, and a chicken salad sandwich
    McDonald's: a Big Mac, and a crispy ranch snack wrap

6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I eat a bit of Subway, since it's the healthiest fast food within quick distance of the office. I tend to rotate my picks, but my current sub of choice is a BMT (salami, pepperoni and ham), toasted, with cheese, lettuce, carrot, onion, capsicum (peppers), BBQ sauce and pepper.

ALT FOCUS:

We have nowhere near the variety of fast food shit you guys have, so this will probably only mean something to the Aussies:

- Noodle Box - quick, healthy and I always get a giggle out of ordering the "sweet box".
    - Nandos - Paella, done with the rib sauce.
    - McDonalds - I'm really starting to detest the stuff, but when I manage to get out of work they're about the only thing that's still open. So they get points for convenience. Bastards. The smoky BBQ bacon Angus is the least crap tasting thing at the local one...

7. sartirious

sartirious
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Subway Nothing. Seriously, those things are like oblong-shaped gut-bombs to me. I'll eat it, and I might even enjoy it, but there had better be a bathroom with an exhaust fan within a half hours distance. Erbs&Gerbs is where it's at when it comes to sammiches: Narmer.

Five Guys Burgers and Fries is my preferred burger joint, but Smashburger is a close second.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: Club, on wheat, pepper jack, mayo, spicy mustard, pickles, black pepper, parmesan

Alt-Focus:*
    - Chick-fil-A: #1, wheat bun, extra pickles, Coke Zero
    - Zaxby's: Reg plate, no slaw, extra fries
    - Subway: See above

*My actual favorite is a local place, kind of like the Varsity in Atlanta, but I can't actually eat there but about once a quarter, to keep from weighing 800 lbs.

9. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: Spicy Italian with oil and vinegar, banana peppers, pepper jack cheese, pickles, tomatoes, and lettuce.

Alt. Focus:
    Chipotle: Naked steak burrito without rice.
    Chick-Fil-A: 4 piece chicken strips.
    Jimmy Johns: Italian sandwich or as they call it, the Vito with peppers. This sandwich kicks the shit out of Subway and if I'm going to get subs, I'll go to Jimmy Johns. The only downside is that they only have cold cuts so if I decide to try something different, my options are somewhat limited.

10. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Spicy Italian on Italian herbs and cheese, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, green peppers, olives, banana peppers, jalapenos, oil and vinegar. toasted.

1) Chipotle: Chicken fajita bowl with everything but hot sauce.
    2) In-n-out: Even though i live where there isn't one anymore its still one of my favorites. Double Double Animal style with well-done fries
    3) Smashburger: Spicy Baja

11. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: Spicy Italian on herb and cheese, pepperjack cheese, toasted, lettuce, cucumbers, pickles, black olives, sometimes with jalapeno's, and Italian dressing. It's on the $5 menu where as the regular Italian isn't and it's almost the same damn thing. But I haven't had a Subway sub in at least 8 months.

Anti: Chick-fil-a. Everything is delish.
    Arby's: For their market fresh sandwiches. Oh so good, especially with the fries.
    Five Guys: Just all around good burgers...the In-N-Out of the east coast.

And that's about it. I try to stay away from fast food places to the max extent possible. I will never, ever go to Mcdonald's even if it's a last resort. I hate everything about that place for some reason...maybe it's their million calorie, cholesterol, and fat food's, or just their general employee attitude and appearance.

12. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Spicy Italian on Italian or Italian herbs and cheese with provolone, all veggies and ranch.

Qdoba is my favorite fastish food place and I always get the Chicken Queso with pinto beans, hot salsa, cheese and sour cream.

Wendy's spicy chicken filet

Um, I guess soft tacos from tbell.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I rarely go to Subway, but when I did more often, I would always get turkey on wheat with swiss cheese, lettuce, and a shitton of pickles.
    "Pickles please."
    Employee adds pickles.
    "LOTS of pickles."
    Employee adds more pickles.
    "No seriously. Lots!"
    Adds more pickles and looks at me with disgust.

I really don't eat out a lot, but if I do and it is fast food, my preference is:
    1) Wendy's, where I always get either the homestyle chicken or the spicy chicken sandwich
    2) 5 Guys, because their burgers actually taste like they are using ground beef as opposed to cow turds, and
    3) Checkers (sometimes called Rally's in other states), chicken sandwich or even more rarely a big ol' sloppy Big Buford, and a huge ass container of FRIES. Those things are amazing. Luckily they sell their version of french fries in the frozen section of the grocery store so I can buy them there and bake them in the oven instead of eating deep fried heart attacks on the regular.

I find that eating deep fried foods isn't that great for my GI tract so I try to avoid it as much as possible.

14. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Focus: Spicy Italian on wheat, American cheese, lettuce, salt, pepper, vinegar, oil, parmisian cheese, oregeno, pickles, and green pepper. Yum!

Alt Focus:

Subway and Culvers are really the only fast food places I eat at anymore. When I'm at Culver's I just get a butterburger double with cheese with ketchup and mustard. I used to eat at Burger King but then their chicken strips went to shit so I don't eat there anymore.

15. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Subway is horrible (Quizno's is much better, but having lived in the northeast for virtually all of my life neither comes even close to a real hoagie shop--which is also why I won't even order something like a cheesesteak, chicken parm, or a meatball hoagie at Subway/Quizno's). But when I'm forced to go there, I'll usually get turkey/ham/cheddar on Italian herb bread with a touch of mustard. Vegetables are for homos.

My top 3 (excluding places like In-N-Out or Krystal that I love but don't have the chance to go to regularly), in no particular order:

Arby's - Large Beef and Cheddar with no sauce (I add the hickory BBQ or whatever the fuck they call it) and curly fries
    Bojangles - 3 piece meal (thigh, leg, and breast) with 2 biscuits
    Burger King - Whopper (double Whopper if I'm feeling it) with cheese and ketchup only, medium fries

Special mention - Cookout. This place is fucking amazing but I think only exists in North Carolina. In-N-Out menu meets Checkers atmosphere.

16. PetrPuck

PetrPuck
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Subway - Italian BMT, with a little bit of lettuce and tomato, oregano, oil, and vinegar. I feel like I've eaten a salt lick by the conclusion of the meal, but fuck, it's good.

In terms of other fast food, Wendy's and Chic-Fil-A are usually my go to places:

Wendy's - either a classic hamburger or a grilled chicken sandwich
    Chic-Fil-A - Spicy chicken sandwich and waffle fries. Their breakfast, particularly the chickin minis, is really good as well.

17. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Subway: BMT, toasted on hearty Italian with provolone, add bacon, spinach, black olives, red pepper hots, yellow mustard, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar. I get about one of these a month.

Others:
    (1) Roy Rogers (yeah, we've got one) Roast Beef Sandwich. Two of them. I do this on trips up to my parents house religiously.
    (2) Five Guys, if that counts. Double Burger with hot sauce, bacon, pickles. Fries, with old bay and vinegar. When shopping with the wive.
    (3) McDonald's, not often but sometimes that shit hits the spot. Double cheese burger / QP, fries, the nuggets (with hot mustard), southern chicken sandwich...each are delicious.

18. Muley05

Muley05
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Subway - Either Cold Cut Combo or BMT with pepper jack, mayo, mustard, jalapenos, pickles

Chipotle - I could literally eat this every day. Chicken burrito, both black and pinto beans, cheese, sour cream, hot sauce. Sometimes also get chips and hot sauce.

Wendy's - Spicy chicken combo with cheese

Five Guys - Double bacon burger with cajun fries

19. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

FOCUS: I usually don't go to Subway because there is so many better places to eat. The rare ocasion I do go though I usually get the chicken breast.

ALT Focus: In no particular order. Burger Time, Qdoba, Sonic

20. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As stated in the other thread, I don't go to Subway. When I do want to grab a sub, I'll go to Jersey Mike's and get the #13 (basically, an Italian) Mike's Way (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, oil & vinegar, + Italian spices) plus red pepper relish. But it's not all that often, maybe once every 2 months. I typically brown bag it to work.

Other fast food favs:

Pei Wei (their fried rice bowls are huge, delicious, and comparatively cheap)
    Whataburger (In n' Out just opened here, but not all that close to where I live or work)
    Costco--seriously, a 1/4 lb. Hebrew National all-beef hot dog + fountain drink (with unlimited refills) for $2.00. Similarly, the pushcarts outside any Lowe's or Home Depot usually have awesome sausage & peppers.