Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

You Know Nothing, Jon Snow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

[​IMG]

This weekend I spent most of my free time prepping things for the impending ice, snow, and freezing temperatures. Later on this week they're calling for 0-1°C, enough to freeze outside water hoses and fountains, and if they're not winterized, there will be carnage.

Needless to say hours were spent winterizing lawn mowers, weed eaters, leaf blowers, chain saws, etc., to ensure that they'll actually start next spring. Fuel stabilizers were added, gas was topped up, and things were cleaned before being put away into the back of the shed.

Snow blowers were then hauled out, dusted off, primed, oil changed, and then fired up to run for a half hour... ready to go for the upcoming winter. Same for the gas generator, just in case shit gets real.

FOCUS: Winter... what do you do to transition into it? Do you have to, and is it a big deal?

ALT-FOCUS What summer activities are you going to miss, and what winter activities are you looking forward to?

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: I wear a long-sleeve button down to work instead of a short-sleeve one. And, I pour SeaFoam in the gas tanks of all my power tools. nbd

Alt: Watching the ladies in sundresses and other skimpy clothing.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Usually the first day it feels like winter is when I wax and sharpen my skis. I look forward to skiing as soon as golf season is over. When i was growing up it was always cleaning leaves out of the gutters. I hated that more than anything.

4. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I put a sweatshirt on under the leather jacket before heading to work on the motorcycle. Of course that means I have to do yard work all year long.

5. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: I don't have to do a lot at home. Just clearing the gutters and putting some fuel stabilizer in my mower and such. It's not a big deal. At work it's a bit more complicated, with moving equipment around so we have somewhere to put the snow but it's still not awful.

Alt: I'll miss golf but I'm on the road most of the winter so I don't have a lot of time for anything else.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I usually round up all my deer hunting equipment. Im still on the Starbucks Pumpkin Spiced Latte train as well. Fuck the haters.

7. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Being in Florida now, I really miss the winter for the holiday season. It's just not the same without snow. However, I do not miss all the tedious work that comes with winter.

I much prefer Florida 'winter' weather over summer. Fuck 100 degree heat. There really isn't anything about the summer I miss. Other than going to the beach the weather is still warm enough to do pretty much all the same stuff.

8. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Sunday night was nice and sunny, Monday morning was nice clear skies walked outside it was warm enough I could go out in a shirt. Same thing Monday night, Tuesday morning rolled around still clear skies opened the door and said fuck that closed the door and put on a jacket. And it been the normal October weather since, rain and windy.

Winter just means putting winter tires on, bringing the motorcycle inside, and even shittier weather then summer.

edit: Also forgot the wind alarms at work start to go off.

#8 wexton, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  9. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Winter here just means that I'm not completely drenched in sweat on my 3 minute ride to work. Oh, and if it gets real cold I might have to wear socks.

10. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would be jealous but my balls stick to my leg enough during the summer here up North.

11. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Winter mean that sometimes I don't have to use the air conditioner on my drive to work, and I don't get AS sweaty.

12. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: We stacked the last cord and a half of firewood yesterday. ATV is currently having some work done on it and getting a shiny new plow put on. I've been getting the garden beds ready for Winter and will have to put water heaters out for the ducks. The chickens too, but they're only a week old so I'll probably use a heat lamp to keep their water from freezing.

Lots of other little stuff along the way like getting the mower and other stuff ready for storage as well.

Alt: I'm going to miss not having to bundle up to step outside. On the other hand I'm looking forward to being able to stay in binge watching tv, reading, or writing all day guilt free.