Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

You have a tiger tattooed on your face. You're hired!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CharlesJohnson, Jun 16, 2014.

1. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Indeed.

[​IMG]

It would be perfect if that photo was taken in a modern art museum, since he could be his own exhibit by looks alone. Chain him to a chair via his face and call it an interactive installation piece.

Likewise I'll probably get another tattoo, and it would be in another easily hidden spot. I think my upper shoulders, i.e. something visible if I'm wearing a tank top but not a T-shirt, would be my limit.

That could be another alt-focus. If you are tattooed or interested in it.... what's your ink limit? Restrict it to where the sun never shines, or give the artist carte blanche?

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I remember that one. "Fell asleep during tattoo procedure." She must think the rest of the world is as stupid as she is. You DO NOT fall asleep during a tattoo, no matter where it is. She definitely underestimated how far a lie can take you in this day and age.

I think a lot of people who get tattoos don't realize these things aren't like acne and as you get older they vanish. You will die with them pretty much just as visible as when you get them. If pick something contemporary and impulsive, you are going to look like the world's biggest asshole:
    [​IMG]

When done right, tattoos truly are a work of art. I am a HUGE fan of tattoos, have a couple myself, and no artist that I know of is better than my hometown artist Mike Austin, who is the best of his kind I've personally seen:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think this sums up perfectly what most people think on here:
    [​IMG]

3. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have a tattoo on my right forearm in between my wrist and elbow. You would think this spot would be easily noticed but for some reason it's not. I don't know if it's because of the tattoo or if the location is more hidden than it seems but I've known people for months before they’ve notice it.

That being said I'm fully aware that this spot may be detrimental to my future employment. I knew the consequences of the choices I made and I'm willing to accept those consequences if they happen.

FOCUS: I feel that the employer should have every right to not higher anyone for any reason be it race, gender, shoe size, hair color, tattoo location, earring length. In my mind, if that employer wouldn’t higher you to begin with, but did because of it wanted to avoid discrimination, why would you want to work for them anyway. I understand though we don’t live in this fairytale world in my head and things like affirmative action are good things but this is taking it too far.

4. Chellie

Chellie
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I work in mental health, occasionally in client facing roles. I also assist with interviews and hiring our team members. I have a tiny nose stud and 5 tattoos, the most recent of which stretches down my side from just under my boob to mid thigh and onto my ass. Obviously I have no issues with mods in general, but none of my tattoos are the least bit noticeable when I'm in office wear.

Companies talk about 'fit' all the time. If your personality is casual and relaxed enough to permit 50 stars on your face, I think I can rightly assume that it won't fit with my company's image of professionalism. If I received a resume from someone claiming to be a mental health therapist that had shit tattooed on their face, this is not someone I'd want influencing other people's life choices.

An employer has every right to extend the phrase 'not a good fit' when it comes to people with such obvious mods. You are very deliberately portraying an image of yourself that is exactly opposite of the image a lot of corporations want to portray, and their appearance matters to the tune of millions of dollars.