Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

You got friends where?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dewercs, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Does anyone actually know the words to It's The End Of The World As We Know It? I know "Leonard Bernstein" and "Jelly bean boom". That's it.

2. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Uhhhh, well damn. I always thought he was saying Eddie. (he being Michael Jackson)

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not the lyrics, the music, because it sounds like Stevie's cover of Little Wing. Although, it might be Hendrix, instead.

4. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know why all the songs that I have thought of for this topic are ones that came out right around the beginning of my sophomore year of high school, but another one that I just remembered is "Fat Lip" by Sum 41. I would have sworn that the singer was repeating "enough bullshit" instead of "an abortion" at the end of that one verse towards the end of the song if I hadn't heard it on the radio and noticed that it wasn't bleeped out. I had to look up the lyrics to figure out what the hell he was saying, since it obviously couldn't have been "bullshit."

5. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I was young, I thought Fleetwood Mac's song Dreams said "When the rain washes you, clean your load" instead of "When the rain washes you clean, you'll know".

6. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

And I thought Elton John was happily singing, "I'm so sad. Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!" Um, you don't sound sad... Oh, it's "I'm still standing"? Well, okay then.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My entire life I have not understood what the fuck the lead singer of Molly Hatchet was saying.

Also:

...and if you actually think that video is sarcastic, listen to "Far Behind" by Candlebox and be proven wrong.

#27 Crown Royal, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I always liked:

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Most of the ones I misunderstand are just a word here or there, but sometimes those are critical to the song. Until I owned the Aja album, I didn't know the name of the Steely Dan was Peg. I always thought he was singing "heeeey, it will come back to you." And, just now, I was looking up the lyrics to see if "Peg" was included where he sings (says) it after the first verse . . . and I had no idea that the second verse is "pin shot" instead of "picture." I've never heard of a pin shot.

10. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if this quite fits the thread, but I'll post it anyway: My mother was a good Christian woman, and as such was totally convinced that all modern rock 'n roll/metal actively promoted Satan and his evil plans.
    If only she knew that it was all a gimmick to sell records...

11. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A few more I remember:

I always thought Beck was singing "Soy, open the door...I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?"

A friend of mine used to think that in "Hook" by Blues Traveler, during the fast-singing breakdown, they were saying "Catchy little tunes, I wanna kick you in the titties." Now I sing that every time I hear it.

12. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun came on the radio last night and reminded me that it was only a few years ago that I realized she was saying "When the working day is done.." I believe I thought for decades that it was "When oh when can they have fun.."

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Also in "Billie Jean" he didn't say that the chair was not his son.

14. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My first radio job was in Northern B.C. and for a Mother's Day Contest we would play the first few seconds of a chorus and the caller would then have to sing the remainder of the verse. The winner of said contest would win flights and accommodation for a few nights in Calgary, AB. Why this is a prize, I don't know but I digress.

So we get our finalist on the phone and we play her the lead in of Steve Miller's "Jet Airliner"

But my love light seems so far away
    And I feel like it's all been done
    Somebody's tryin' to make me stay
    You know I've got to be movin' on....

And instead of singing: "Big ol' Jet Airliner!!! Don't carry me too far away," she sang: "Big OL' CAROOOLINNNA!"

I tried to give her a second chance.. but she pooched it the second time and didn't win the prize. Thankfully our next contestant in line wasn't a complete idiot and got the lyrics right and won a majestic trip for two to Calgary.

Cool stury huh? Now, excuse me.."While I kiss this guy..."

I mean uhh.. "Kiss the sky.."