Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

You found my name and picture where?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arctic_Scrap, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe there has been a post about this, didn't see one.
    Yeah, I got this from an article about World of Warcraft[WoW], but the point I am getting at is privacy on the internet. Basically you will post with your real life first and last name any time you make a forum post. What the hell? I read another article on consumerist.com that stated some players of the game found an employee of the game maker and posted as much information as they could about them on the WoW forums.

Here's a link to the WoW post for you to read:
    http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=25626109041

Focus: How much information about yourself do you allow on the Internet? We've all heard of a story about someone not getting hired or getting canned from a job because of your awesome party pictures on Facebook. I have a facebook page but only my list of friends can see anything. I made sure to spend time checking out what people can and cannot see. Also, how do you go about protecting or choosing who sees your identity? I'm not talking spyware and computer hacking stuff, how much of your personal information would you willing give out on a given site?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.