Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

You can eat green beans over MY DEAD BODY!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kuhjäger, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Everybody says this, and I have to admit that eating a whole one would probably be gross, but you really can't beat sardines for flavour in a sauce or dressing. Like Caesar salad a whole lot? I bet the kind you like best has the most sardines in it. They add salt to a dish and really enhance the flavours, I find. But you have to dice them up teeny tiny.

Foods I Really Don't Like, But Could Stomach If I Had To:
    - Pumpkin Pie. The texture is just gross. Smells good, though.
    - Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. I like oatmeal. I like raisins. I like raisins in oatmeal. But this cookie is an abomination.

Foods I Hate And Won't Eat:
    - Coffee. Or anything even remotely coffee flavoured (chocolates, icecream, etc. This goes for 'mocha' and 'java' too)
    - Beer. Sorry. It all tastes the same: fucking nasty.

The Food That I Will Never Eat, I Don't Care About The Circumstances, And I Might Puke If I Smell It:
    - Sauerkraut. Worst. Food. EVER.

2. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I'm a really picky eater, so I'm sure I could list all sorts of things if I set my mind to it. I'll just stick with the thing that people look at me funny when I say I won't eat it:

Casseroles. Any kind, it doesn't matter. I don't like it when there's all sorts of random things thrown together. I do like lasagna which is kind of a casserole, but good luck even getting me to try anything else.

3. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The only food I find gross that I can think of right now is battered sausages. How do you Brits eat those things. I already find fish and chips nasty but to take pork sausages (already dripping from all the fat in them) and then batter them and deep fry them!?

Oh and fuck you all of you who don´t like sauerkraut. It´s awesome. In Estonia we make mulgikapsas. Sauerkraut mixed with barley and bacon.

[​IMG]

Delicious!

4. WASPnest

WASPnest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

If it's dead I'll eat it, as long as it doesn't hurt me. If it's alive, I'll kill it and eat it, as long as it doesn't hurt me.

I've eaten escargot, crickets and scorpions, I'd love to try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk. I find that there's always something to like about anything, and that I can ignore everything else about it.

That said, fuck these fuckers:
    [​IMG]

Everything about them, their hilarious claim to be nutritious, their spurious claim to be cheese, their self-assigned family wholesomeness, the demonic hitlerjugend in the commercials...

The creators of Kraft Singles despise you. They sit in their tower of cynicism and steeple their fingers and truly believe that the American dream is a lie. Kraft Singles sneer at mankind's potential, spit on his accomplishments. Every bland, limp, sticky, glistening square a paving stone in the road to hell.

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Asparagus (Like anal sex, if you were forced to have it as a kid...)
    Mantequilla, or Mexican sour cream, AND regular sour cream. That shit makes me pine for lactose intolerance.
    Mayo, and anything that contains mayo.
    Sardines, anchovies, etc. Tiny fish should only be used to catch bigger fish. Bigger, filet-sized fish.
    Deviled eggs.

6. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mayonaise: Satan's semen
    Mustard: also satan's semen
    Pickles: Satan's feces.

7. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pickles, Ranch dressing, and mayonnaise. And White Castle. Because do you really want to eat some sliders that smell like an upper decker?

8. NurseNikki

NurseNikki
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Peas. Of any kind. I have successfully convinced my children that peas have been linked to cancer, which is why they are never allowed into my house.

Brussel sprouts. Smell like ass when cooking. Taste even worse.

Beetroot. Sliced beets marinated in filth. Jesus, I don't know how people can eat that. Don't even get me started on people that put them on hamburgers, turning the bun an insipid pink colour.

Beer. Wear a pair of socks for 5 days. Wash them and retain the water. Fart in the water, then drink it.... it would STILL taste better than beer.

Silver beet. Reminds me of gritty, soggy metal shavings.

9. McIntyre

McIntyre
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Milk - Can't stand the stuff. Just having a bit touch my tongue causes me to puke. Though, oddly enough, I love pretty much every food made from milk, like cheese.

Cooked Carrots - Why would you ruin a perfectly good carrot by boiling it until it tastes like mush? What the fuck is wrong with you? I'll eat this vegetable like it was candy if I have it raw, but I'll be damned if I'll eat it cooked.

Brussel Sprouts - Do I really need to explain? Does anyone out there even like these green pieces of shit? Even my grandmother, who liked to boil vegetables until they had no flavor or nutrients left, refused to serve these things.

10. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am not a picky eater at all, but I do have my limits and pet peeves.

Meat on a bone, I want everything lean, skinned, and deboned. I guess I prefer to not be reminded of the live animal I am consuming. This preference is null and void if it was cooked on a bone (i.e. Thanksgiving turkey) but was then carved and placed on a platter boneless to trick me. Other than that, I always buy boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied pork filets, etc. I also hate any type of fat on my meat, it is gross and if I accidently get any in my mouth the chewy texture makes me gag immediately.

Sweet potatoes. I have had them sweet, I have had them baked, I just don't like them. I have had so many people say, oh, you would like them how I make them and no I wouldn't. I have given sweet potatoes so many chances and they are just plain yucky.

Any type of organ meat - just disgusting!

11. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dyke.

12. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does cilantro taste like soap to you? There's a genetic condition that makes some people extremely adverse to cilantro.

13. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My fault, I should have remembered where I was before ever using "organ meat" in a post.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Raisins (ARRAGH), Beets (they look like the cross-section of a hamster and taste worse), Scallop Potatoes, Oysters, Grits and Asparagus with Mayonaise on everything. My absolute worst nightmare for food I can think of.

15. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

CheeseStrings. I was so excited when they first came out and begged my mom to get them. She obliged and proceeded to give me one in the grocery store parking lot. Biting into the CheeseString with great anticipation, I was met with the most disgusting, vile taste and immediately spit that shit out. I threw up the whole way home and now I can't even look at one of those fuckers without feeling sick.

16. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Bacon. It ALWAYS makes me nauseous. I can understand that other people enjoy it, but it just makes me sick, so I avoid it.

Kidney and most other organ meat. Beef Tongue? Barf.

Chops. I ALWAYS end up with the one with all the meat fat on. GROSS. I cannot stand the taste of any meat fat.

Wine. I just do not like the taste. I'll take spirits instead, thanks.

Tuna. I enjoy fish, but cannot stand tuna.

Haggis. FUCK.NO.

17. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Caesar dressing is made with anchovies as well. (I'd never heard of the sardine inclusion but they are used too apparently)

It's available in North Carolina.

FOCUS:

Broccoli It's not good cooked. It's not good raw.

Raw Tomatoes Cooked tomatoes are just fine but raw they are just gooey and gross.

Veal I eat lamb but that's where I draw the line at baby animals.

Slaw (coleslaw for all you non-Southerners) Raw cabbage, mayo & vinegar... you can keep all that.

Greens (all kinds... mustard, turnip, collard) These fucking stink and are all limp and just ick looking.

Pears Love the taste, loathe the grainy texture.

18. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Blue cheese - One afternoon, about 1,300 years ago, someone came across an old wheel of brie that had been left in one corner of the basement since the day the baby Jesus was born. And that person, being blind and lacking the senses of taste and smell from a tragic hog slopping accident, thought "Wouldn't it be a great idea to eat this moldy old cheese my forefathers left in a corner of the basement?" And lo, Blue cheese was born.

Lima beans - Peas are at least good if picked young, and lentils, while superfluous, are simply boring. But Lima beans have no redeeming qualities. Cooked to any degree, the skin slides off in your mouth and the sliminess beneath coats your tongue. Blech.

Sauerkraut, saurbraten, etc. - What is it with Germans and sour food? Some of their sausages are ok, although Bratwurst is best smoked (American style), Knockwurst is bland and Blood Sausage sounds like a great idea if you're all out of Blue Cheese and Lima beans. German food sucks.

19. Cadders

Cadders
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Liver. Be it pork, lamb or chicken, its fucking disgusting.
    I love meat, don't get me wrong. Chances are, if it came from an animal, i'll eat it. I actually make the effort to try new animals.

But liver? Urgh. Bought some Lamb's Liver out of curiosity, cooked it perfectly and it still tasted like cancer with a subtle hint of AIDS. I couldn't work out which was worse, the texture or the taste. I almost threw up and it takes A LOT to make me nearly puke.

Never again...

20. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'll take "most vegetables" for $1000, Alex.