Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

You been to a mo-tel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Nov 8, 2012.

1. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I don't have much sympathy for the guys she does this to, but are you honestly OK with that? And you've done it multiple times? I would feel like a dick taking advantage of guys even if they are being a bit chump-ish.

I'll buy a girl I've just met a drink if we're having a good conversation already and I am going to get a drink for myself, but that said, I often offer the same to guys. Buying someone a drink is a politeness and good company, not a pick-up tactic. I've never been or felt "scammed" because I don't expect anything in return.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I would never buy if I was ASKED (or told) to buy a drink by someone I had just met. I always thought it was rude, opinions vary I guess.

My wife still scams guys for drinks that hit on her. She's done it since I've met her and she's slippery and sociopathic at it. She especially relishes in doing it to guys with tan lines on their ring fingers etc. The more she dislikes them, the more she enjoys it.

3. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I smile at them and tell them if they fuck me and beg me for a relationship the next day, I'll punch them in the face.

Always gets a laugh and gets me laid, but no one ever realizes I'm serious until they're crying.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So what you're saying to us is that you have to move your mouth and have words come out in order for you to get laid. Huh.

5. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had to change my game after I showed up half-naked and it didn't work.

6. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I show up half naked all the time and it usually (never) works. I wonder what you're doing wrong.

7. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She wasn't showing up naked enough, clearly.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's hilarious to me that both of them are the lead in current television shows that didn't make your list. Nobody watches CSI anymore.

No, clearly, she showed up for a stupid, gay dude.

FOCUS: How do you, and your friends, "open?" Does being direct work for you? Have you ever just gone for it, only to have it actually work?

In a situation where I needed to "open" I never had much success by myself, and always felt dumb being direct. But, when I'm with my buddies, being direct or "just going for it" was the only way that worked.

9. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Based on the Halloween costume thread, she could show up dressed as Nicki Minaj soaked in whale mucus and I promise you that not one guy in here would turn her away.

10. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

*Frantically searches through Halloween costume thread to see what he missed*

Whoa.

11. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The whole idea of opening always seems awkward and forced if you're talking about rolling up to a group of girls. I hate "lines" so its just weird. However, if I'm in close proximity to a group of girls, I'll usually just mention some sort of commentary on any number of jackasses that populate a particular bar and see how its received.

To be honest, I find that if you and your friends go and just have fun and there are girls around who are open to meeting some dudes, they pick up on that, and easy opportunities to talk materialize rather fast. However, standing back to the bar scanning the room only makes things weird and probably won't work, provided you don't look like Brad Pitt

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Co-signed.

I love that Beemer trick. That definitely works when you're out at a nightclub downtown and you know those shitty girls with low self-esteem are gold digging. Problem is, to follow up, they'll want you to drop $250+ on bottle servce. Then its a game of who is out scamming who.

In regards to normal girls who are open to meeting people, it doesn't hurt to send in a guy to say hi. I'm sometimes that guy, you just go in, say hi and go from there. But we all know the key is a female wingwoman. But they are hard to handle unless they have a boyfriend to leave and go meet up with later.

13. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was playing wingman for a buddy last Friday and opened with "Hi. I'm going to start out by saying that I have a girlfriend who I love very much. I don't know what I'm doing, but I do know that we could have this conversation naked and it wouldn't make a difference for me. I'd like you to meet so and so."

I don't know how it worked, but it did. Actually, I probably could have pocketed more phone numbers than he. I'm thinking it's because I sounded endearing in a mildly retarded, but not full-on-helmet retarded kind of way. That, and I legit had no interest in hooking up with anyone at all.

14. DonDraper

DonDraper
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I have been involved with the Seduction (Pick-up, Game, whatever) Community for awhile. I read The Game in early 2011 and began going out and approaching girls every day and night 6 nights a week for several months.

I read every book I could find on the subject and I experimented with all sorts of lines and routines when approaching and talking to girls. I still go out 2-3 days a week specifically hit on girls. Even on days when I have a date with a girl I'll go out to a bar or two before it and see if I can get a couple of phone numbers. I've found that I do better on dates when I know I have a couple more prospects I can hit up later if things go south.

I've approached somewhere around 700-1000 girls and indirect has worked best for me. It seems easier to show a girl your personality and have an interesting conversation when I open with something innocuous rather than being upfront. I've found that direct openers have the best chance of working when the environment is loud, the girl is drunk and her attention span is minimal. I used to have a problem with indirect openers because some girls would think I was just being friendly and I was not interested in them sexually. I would waste time chatting with them only to find out they live with their fiance or some shit.

My favorite opener when I was living in the States: "Hey, you look like you're having the most fun out of anyone here" and then get their opinion about a made up situation or and then transition into a fun conversation. Really it doesn't matter what you open with as long as you say SOMETHING.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Girls are attracted to men in relationships. You're broken in and potty trained. There is also a vibe of your guard being down, so their guard is down. I just got into the mode with the S.O. other girls are picking up on it. Its annoying. Bringing out a guy that likes to be super social but has a girlfriend he won't cheat on and knows to introduce you is great.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We were having this conversation about this over the weekend. That is a unique vibe you can't fake as a single dude, its just a certain air about you that comes with being in a relationship you're not interested in dissolving.

The "taken" wingman is great provided he knows his unique situation previously mentioned. I have a friend in a relationship who is super social, thus great for this sort of thing. But he also loves attention, and after a drink or two, doesn't really process that these girls are attracted to him for that vibe, and shit gets blown up cause he's not willingly talking to the ugly or obnoxious friends cause cool attractive girls are more fun to be around. Needless to say, he freely admits he is a terrible wingman once you bring this up, and most of his powers are lost, unless there is a really solid group with multiple girls worth pursuing.

17. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

I've had more than one woman grab my butt when out, so I guess that's my opener?

Honestly, I don't have anything conscious that I do, mostly because I never go out with the intention of getting laid. Oddly enough, those times that I'm trying to help a buddy get laid is when things seem to go well for me.

Funny thing, I actually had a conversation about this subject about a week ago. Not long ago I hung out with some friends, one of whom is this kid I've trained with occasionally. Good guy, but always giving off that super nervous vibe. After I made some off hand joke at a girl who came up to the bar to grab a drink he asked me how he could talk to girls. Spoilered in case you don't wan't to hear my thoughts on random sex.
    I told him that he needed to relax and just say whatever because, when it comes down to it, who gives a shit? The way I look at it, there are three ways trying to talk to a girl can go.

You don't talk to the girl = you don't get laid.
    You talk to the girl and it goes badly = you don't get laid.
    You talk to the girl and it goes well = you get her number or perhaps even take her home.

You're already not getting laid, so what's the worst thing that can possibly happen? That they not fuck you less? That's why, much to the chagrin of my friends, I've completely nerded out talking to girls at bars because I really have nothing to lose.

18. Dude

Dude
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This works. If I want to meet girls, I'll often set out trying to wingman for a buddy. Sooner rather than later, I'll run into a girl who I want to talk to and just run with it.