Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

YOU ARE WRONG AND I AM ANGRY! (A not-serious thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NatCH, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I worked with a girl once who went to a church where people spoke in tongues.

Me: So what did God say?
    Her: What do you mean?
    Me: Well if God possessed someone and started speaking through them wouldn't you want to like... know what he was saying? You never tried to translate it?
    Her: That never occurred to me.

2. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Please tell me you’re kidding about this, otherwise you and I are about to have one of these arguments.

Why would you not think fish is meat?

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

not like in the “flesh of an animal” way, like she thought it was the same as a cow. Thought it was the same classification I guess. For example, she’d never heard of the word “poultry.”

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Well that certainly cleared things up.

Is the sky blue?

Not in the way space is defined. It's like the place where butts are. For example: Peanuts.

5. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Checkmate.
    jba12vcousp41.jpg

6. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

About 15 years ago, I was working at one of the local colleges in the student services department.
    Our supervisors decided one year to have an academic competition between the staff of the five different campuses, and it would consist of a bunch of challenges about math, science, English/ literature, and learning in general.
    Each campus had a team of four employees.

One of the challenges was a brain teaser about a NASA gyroscope.

In the introduction, they said that a sign with a letter on it (I think it was "E," but it's not really important. ) was placed inside, and then the gyroscope spun on its various axes for one complete rotation each.
    What position was the letter in now?

I thought about it, and said that the letter would be upside down.

EVERYONE ELSE in my group said that it would be in the same position that it started in.

I argued with them for almost all of the allotted time (each challenge was timed), and they wouldn't budge, and neither would I.

So they out-voted me, and submitted their answer.

And they got it correct. I couldn't believe it.

Cut ahead one year later.

The college held another competition, and almost all of the challenges were the same, INCLUDING THE GYROSCOPE QUESTION.

I was teamed with a different group of people this year, and I told them that it would be in the same position, BUT EVERYONE ELSE IN THE GROUP WAS SAYING THAT IT WOULD BE UPSIDE DOWN.

Once again, I argued with all of them and told them the story from the previous year, but they held fast, and we submitted THEIR answer.

AND IT WAS COUNTED CORRECT.

I was over the moon at this point, so I pulled one of the judges aside (he was a friend of mine), and I straight-up asked him what THE ACTUAL FUCK was going on (he was a judge the year before, as well).

"Well Bandit, the answer key was wrong the year before, and you were right the first time."

Goddammit.

I know I shouldn't get too mad about this, it's not like there were cash prizes or anything (and my groups won first place both times), but it still makes me want to punch a wall.