Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

You are what you recommend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengeofthenerds, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

i recommend these pens. these things write really well and won't smudge like pilot g2 pens.

i recommend these post-it flags if like you to annotate books.

i recommend a hydroflask water bottle if you like to have your liquid stay hot or cold for a long period of time. however, the plastic piece connecting the cap with the bottle will break and you should construct your own out of paracord.

i recommend these headphones. i'm not an audiophile, but i wanted to step up a bit and these things sound fucking amazing and haven't fallen to pieces.

i also recommend using a safety razor and cooking with cast iron.

and i really really recommend amazon prime if you live in bumfuck, usa. 2 day shipping is addictive, so maybe don't get it. i buy shit i don't need quite often.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

it's kind of funny - one of the reasons i stopped carrying my juice, is i had it with me during a trip to the county courthouse. as i started to walk in, i realized i wasn't going to be able to go in with it. i was running late, and had to park forever away and didn't feel like going all the way back to my truck. i stopped outside the courthouse, glanced around and saw no one, and tucked it under some bushes. when i came out 15 minutes later, it was gone.

now, i carry my squirt all the time. i always remember at the airport to take it out, but i always forget when i go to braves' games. when you get to the security check point, they (half-assed) search in bags and purses and coolers, and they ask you to show your pocket contents. i pull out my kcell phone and keys from my right pocket, and my eye drops from my left pocket, leaving my squirt in my left pocket. they always wave me through.

3. DirtyHerk

DirtyHerk
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

thirded...kershaw is great...will also throw out a recommendation for benchmade knives. i've taken one of their tanto folding blades with me to all sorts of wonderful shitholes around the world and treated it absolutely terribly. still doing great several years on.

4. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

i have an alternative recommendation: get to know your neighbors. spend the time to get involved in your local community (whether that is an hoa, rotary club, or community watch or whatever). if you live somewhere and plan on being there longer than a lease it is in your best interest to become known and know those around you. there are opportunities all around you in terms of networking for jobs(i read about people looking to improve their employment situation regularly in the rant/rave thread) or threats in your immediate vicinity that people who have been there longer than you are happy to share with you, if only you are willing to be friendly with people.

we live in a digital age where we wall ourselves off from each other; someone here mentioned robert greene and understanding power and leadership, consider your networking in your immediate surroundings and see what comes of it. you may be surprised, not only that, you may be surprised where it leads and what you stand to learn.