Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

You are too dumb to be this successful.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by downndirty, Nov 8, 2011.

1. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Inspired by this:
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.cracked.com/blog/is-kim-kardashian-idiot-objective-analysis/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cracked.com/blog/is-kim-kard ... -analysis/</a>

Focus: Who do you think has to be a moron?
    Alt focus: Rich idiots.

2. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

A timely thread.

A coworker of mine is a bit of a problem child.

A buddy and I have taken him under our respective wings in an attempt to do a good turn. With massive intervention from us he has narrowly avoided getting fired. Mostly we work on interpersonal skills like not telling your management and coworkers that they are fucking assholes who you will see in hell.

He also recently got the idea that he should probably look for a new job before he's forced to, something we have encouraged. We coached him a lot and he landed his dream job just today. Nevermind that he can't actually do the job. But I'm happy for him.

I'm a little nonplussed that his new starting salary is what I started at a couple years ago. It makes me wonder what the point of getting three degrees, mastering a trade, learning how to write, being productive, and having impulse control is, because apparently I could just have skipped all that and bullshitted my way through life.

3. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My boss is kind of spoiled. She is a year older than me, lives with her parents, and spends her money on comic books and designer purses. She also goes to Comic Con every year. This wouldn't be so bad, but what annoys me is that she doesn't understand when people can't afford things. For example, when I explained to her that my college roommate has to rely on her annoying friend for rides, she asked why she doesn't just buy her a car. I explained that she can't afford that, and she asked why her parents don't just buy her a car. I explained that her parents also can't afford to buy her a car, and she couldn't comprehend such a thing. Also, she didn't have to pay to go to college, including a semester abroad, because her parents paid her way. She didn't understand why I didn't have a semester abroad, and I had to explain that I paid for college with loans and I didn't want to be too far in debt when I got out.

Generally, she is a cool person. It's just, every once in awhile, she says stuff that makes me concerned about her thinking.

4. gtg2k

gtg2k
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I bartend at a country club, and deal with many, MANY people that are part of the "Lucky Sperm Club".

What's truly awful is that a lot of these people, especially the kids, act like the consequences don't apply to them. They do stuff that would probably land my poor fat ass in jail or get my ass kicked.

An example:
    There was a kid, 21 or 22 years old, that came up to the club A LOT. He would usually bring some "friends" with him, and they would all drink on daddy's tab.

He would talk more shit than was acceptable to them, belittle them, and in a few cases, hit them. Then, when they'd get mad, he would just say, "Oh you know I'm joking, don't be such a pansy" and sometimes, not bring them back. Usually, when he was in the bathroom, they would talk so much shit about him, and in multiple cases, apologize for his behavior.

The worst thing happened when he was bantering with another bartender. The other bartender said, "Hey, I thought you were going to buy me a shot when my son was born (kid was 6 months old at the time)?" Richie Richdouche says, "Yeah, well your kid sucks at life."

Cue needle on a record, pin dropping silence.

The other bartender turned pale white, and stormed out. I thought he showed great restraint and class by not beating the shit out of him.

I proceeded to cuss this little motherfucker six ways to Sunday (along with his buddy at the time), and the whole time, the little shit said, "It was just a joke." Never did he once apologize. Never. Not even months later.

I was so mad, I offered the other bartender 10 minutes alone in the bar with him, and would have asked the other members to leave. To his credit, he declined.

Thank God that little douchenozzle is on his 4th school now, and is about 1000 miles away.

Just one of the many fuckwad rich kids I deal with on a daily basis.

5. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if its Kim, I don't know if its her Mom, but someone in that family has the business savvy to convert a sex tape and a giant ass into a $50+mm a year persona. Its one thing to capitalize off of a reality appearance or something, but she conjured up a reality persona out of a sex tape with a C list celebrity, there is something to be said about that.

I don't count Lucky Sperm Club, that has nothing to do with being successful. But, I have a friend who interned with me when I started my first post college job. I'll preface this by saying he's a really good guy and he's not a jackass like some mentioned above. But I definitely begrudge his current success.

He got the internship because one of the directors of the company was a friend of his father. This director used to be CEO of a Fortune 100 company and a President at one of the larger telecoms in the country. So he came in as a unique "intern" largely as a friend of an important SOB. During the internship, he basically helped out with some of the number crunching related to an acquisition or two and helped with random stuff. But mostly he hung out and went to lunch with us and was generally bumming around when he wasnt in class.

Well I left the company cause it was a miserable joke and he began a similar role at an Internet start up owned by the same group. He did odd jobs, answered emails, and was basically the young CEO's bitch. Well the company blew up and turned into one of the most talked about tech companies in the country at the moment. And as employee #5, he suddenly was running operations and making well into 6 figures, thats not including his substantial stock options. Last time I talked to him, he mentioned that he was more than set for life. The company recently went public so I'd be curious to know exactly how many shares he has now that it can be quantified.

Now that I think about it, I just realized something I heard last week. I don't talk to him much cause he got really caught up in the company and the glam that went with it and distanced himself from myself and our friend group. I would say he was busting his ass if I didn't know he was at clubs 3-4 nights a week popping bottles with the company AMEX and his own inflated salary. However, he was recently fired/ousted/let go due to excessive misuse of the his company AMEX doing exactly what I mentioned at clubs all over Chicago. Our mutual friend is trying to figure out if he still has his unvested shares or if they were forfeited. It will be interesting if he comes back down to earth...