Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

You ARE the Father!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Jun 19, 2011.

?

Father?

1. Fuck yes!

23 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. Fuck no!

39 vote(s)
    35.5%
  3. Uhmmm.... maybe?

18 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. Yeah, but she can't find me dude...

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. Can't Wait.

12 vote(s)
    10.9%
  6. Never.

16 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Happy Father's Day all you Baby Daddies.

FOCUS: All things Father's Day. Or just Father's.

Attached Files:

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Called my Dad this morning (he's three time zones away), and he was out for lunch/brunch with my mom, sister, and her hubby. He was happy and appreciative about brunch, but you could tell that he wished I was there with them. Besides... brunch? On Father's Day?

He was happy about the iTunes gift card I sent him though, as there were a few iPad apps he was thinking of buying, so this was enough to put him over the edge and follow through with it.

All he could ask about was the fishing on the lake, and how much he was looking forward to coming out for a couple of weeks to hang out and relax. Less than a month away.

The wood order for my fishing barge was placed yesterday and will show up either today or tomorrow. I'm sure he can't wait to hang out with a beer cooler, bench, shade-inducing pop-up, and a fishing pole while putting around the lake, because I know I can't.

Seems like a great way to spend some quality time, if you ask me.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

This afternoon all the kids who are in town (which would be me, my brother and my sister with her family) are eating dinner at my parent's house.

Last year we had redneck family pictures taken with the entire family in front of an icon of our family: The Ucky Trucky. We prepared a photo album and memory book of the beloved truck that they just finally sold off. It belonged to my dad for many years, and his father before him. It was a powder blue 1977 Ford F100 truck. In the end, it was kind of a deathtrap and a money suck. He even already has another truck that he uses on a weekly basis. My sister created a poem, and I'm a huge sucker because it made me cry a little.

The steering wheel was loosey goose, the brakes extremely hard,
    But oh how much we'll miss Big Blue, parked reg'lly in the yard.

Today a stranger drove you away, our rusty joy and pride.
    It seems like only yesterday, we loaded for a ride.

Hot summer days as little kids, slurping Fantas in the back,
    Crusin' down Mt. Vernon roads, flying o'er the railroad track.

And rollin' down the highway, the sun beating on your hood,
    Dreaming things we wished to be, and all that things that could.

Your mirror reflects the glory days, and all we've left behind
    Our trusty truck observed it all, the silly and sublime.

Now time has passed, we're grown and gone, your paint faded from the sun,
    No longer there for our escape, to have a bit of fun.

For someone else has got you now, but you'll always be our friend!
    And we'll not forever say goodbye, just 'See ya 'round the bend!'

We have a lot of hilarious memories surrounding that truck. I kind of think my dad is going to cry during the gift giving. Ugh.

4. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was going to take my dad out for Father's Day, but he canceled on me. Typical.

5. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

WOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY ME DAY WOOOOOOO!!!

Troy "'Choot 'em!" Landry will be at the new Acadamy Sports in my town today. I'm politicking my ass off trying to get The Wife to go.

6. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rather than battle the crowds today, we went out for dinner to celebrate yesterday. Babe's fried chicken (if you ever visit the DFW area, it's a must). This morning, I woke up with a craving for watermelon.

My little darlins presented me with a hard case for my iPad and two new tee-shirts: "We are the Knights Who Say Ni" (complete with crest) and, "MORE COWBELL!" The real kicker was the 14 page card that explained the 11 different types of farts. I laughed so hard, I almost sharted. THAT'S a Hallmark moment.

Behind on school work (as usual) so they've promised to leave me be and keep it quiet (i.e., "We'll maintain a ceasefire until midnight"), so if I can get enough done, we'll go see either Green Lantern or X-Men. Too flippin' hot to do anything outside (other than flip burgers on the grill for dinner).

Happy Father's Day to all you daddies (and you single-moms who pull double-duty!)

7. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For my stepfather, my little sister and I are making tacos and margaritas, throwing on some mariachi music, getting him a sombrero and having a Mexico party.

For my real father, I might just send a blank card that reads, "You are the absolute worst."

8. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We were going to go to the mountains and fish and go canoeing, but it was raining buckets up until a little while ago, so I settled for lunch at Olive garden and staying home and watching Avatar. Still, I have the day off, and I haven't had a Sunday off in years; that alone has made for an awesome Father's day. We're going to go to the mountains Thursday instead.

My dad has been gone for many years now, otherwise we would be with him.

9. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My father was an alcoholic and died when I was 11. Legions of men are thankful that I had no positive direction and am always seeking that father figure.

Happy Fathers Day! (I actually mean that - it probably rocks to have a dad)

10. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Barney Stinson was on to something

Celebrating Father's Day with my dad is kinda tough, because he's the sort of guy who gets annoyed by people drawing attention to that sort of thing (not unlike myself in that regard). We got him Bose headphones (yes, I'm aware of why one perhaps shouldn't buy Bose. He wanted Bose) and a new copy of his favorite cookbook, as the cover was falling off of his.

11. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Father's Day at our house is an easy-going affair. Rented True Grit, grilling steaks on the bbq, mom made a huge-ass strawberry shortcake for dessert with the berries we picked yesterday. A nice card, some time with his grandson, my dad is a man of simple needs.

And to everyone here who didn't have a great relationship with their dad growing up, you have my sincere sympathies. My dad is 100 levels of kickass, and if I could, I would share my childhood memories with each and every one of you.

Spoilered for size:

Attached Files:

12. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Timely thread. Found out recently that the gf is pregnant. Due Jan 23rd. Hoping for a healthy baby.

13. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got taken to brunch today, too. I told my wife that I didn't want to go to brunch, I would much rather just hang at home, but we went. The service sucked, the food was good.

Then, my wife went to work. So I took my son and we went to a place nearby with water slides and did that for the afternoon. Saved my Father's Day right there.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Dad just got back from a ride with his fellow "Iron Camels". (He's a Shriner, and that's their Harley Parade Demonstration Group, or old-farts gang).

He was also a long-time bush pilot, and belongs to the Harvard Society, so took them all down to see some old warbirds in action.

Sounds like they had a blast.

Attached Files:

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

This has also been making the rounds. Pretty well done, and pretty funny.

#15 Nettdata, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  16. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I made brunch this morning, and my sister and I cooked dinner tonight. And we bought my father a watch. Pretty good all around.

17. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I definitely consider fathers day one of those stupid holidays that shouldn't exist, but on the other hand it gives me an excuse to talk to my grandfather for a few minutes for no other reason than it being fathers day so I guess it's not all bad. I live nowhere near my parents or grandparents, or the gf's so we just did some gardening and grilled up some steaks, and of course made the obligatory phone calls.

18. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

This Father's Day was pretty awesome. I drove up to have lunch with my parents. As much as my mom is an insufferable cunt, my dad is an amazing man. I love hanging out with him. We hung out at the house for a bit after eating, and I'll probably see him later this week. He works near my place and we usually meet for lunch once every week or two. Dads rock.

19. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have no idea why, and can't' be bothered looking it up, but Father's Day down under is in September. Some of us just have to wait.

20. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Got back from a week of fishing yesterday and wife hands me a card with a black and white sonagram picture.